Jump to content

Things you want to confess as a Guns N'Roses Fan? 😀


Recommended Posts

- I really hate SCOM.

- I love Rihad, My World and Scrapped.

- I didnt know that Axl wasn't the singer in DTJ.

-Ashba was really cool for 2010 but at some point things went downhill with all the #demented #hashtags and bottled water stuff.

- I was a huge Bumblefoot fan when he was with the band, and loved his solo stuff but can't connect/enjoy with any stuff he has done post-Guns; same with Tommy.

 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’m not confessing to any dumb stuff I’ve thought, done, believed or still think is true.  The list would be too long. ….

 

….as would be the piss taking replies.  
 

 

 

Edited by Oxford
  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

DJ Ashba's tone reminded me of Buckethead's tone.

I though GN'R's 2011 and 2012 performances were better than the 2016 and 2021 performances, except I enjoyed the NITL Chinese Democracy more.

I was not a GN'R fan until I heard the leaked Better in 2007 or so.

Edited by Sweersa
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't hate Sweet Child of Mine, but voluntarily (as in I didn't hear it while going around outside or in a livestream for a concert), I've chosen to listen to My World more times than SCOM. I've also voluntarily chosen to listen to Get In The Ring more times than SCOM, i think it's a fun(ny) song.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My guilty confession: Chinese Democracy and Nu-GNR isn’t really Guns N’ Roses at all… it’s way fucking better and would’ve been recognized as so if they identified as a supergroup or Axl solo project 

I grew out of the classic GNR band a long time ago. The moment I heard ABSURD, it became a meme 

Edited by Appetitefordiscussion
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Appetitefordiscussion said:

My guilty confession: Chinese Democracy and Nu-GNR isn’t really Guns N’ Roses at all… it’s way fucking better and would’ve been recognized as so if they identified as a supergroup or Axl solo project 

I grew out of the classic GNR band a long time ago. The moment I heard ABSURD, it became a meme 


 

The original lineup gave rock n roll a shot in the arm, NuGnR didn’t really have that impact. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, BucketEgg said:

I don't hate Sweet Child of Mine, but voluntarily (as in I didn't hear it while going around outside or in a livestream for a concert), I've chosen to listen to My World more times than SCOM. I've also voluntarily chosen to listen to Get In The Ring more times than SCOM, i think it's a fun(ny) song.

 


The lyrics to SCOM were naff then and still are, but the solo was killer then and still is. I’d never put it on by choice but when it comes on if I’m out somewhere that last half of the song still sounds as great as ever. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Karice said:

I think Axl's style is often AWFUL, 🤢🤮🧐😱😳😵‍💫🤨😬😐🫥😵🤔🤦‍♀️, but he has the confidence of,"I wear whatever the fuck I want to wear!" And that's badass! 😁:headbang:

That’s a record amount of emojis for you Karice! Well done 😂

  • Like 1
  • GNFNR 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Powderfinger said:


 

The original lineup gave rock n roll a shot in the arm, NuGnR didn’t really have that impact. 

That’s true, but Nu guns didn’t really try.  They hid behind the false GNR identify… which I think hurt them. If anything, Velvet Revolver is basically just as much if not “more” GNR than Nu-Guns, but at least they made a name for themselves and wrote new songs. 
 

Hell, if you use the logic that the frontman’s presence is enough to justify keeping the name, it’s like saying velvet revolver is stone temple pilots. Just never sat right with me.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

My hot take is that I wish the band would actually try to make an album or just retire. 

Axl sounds horrible live nowadays and has done since late 2017. I used to believe that he still had some in the tank, but nowadays when he rasps it's some horrible gurgling rasp that sounds incredibly forced. I think the rasp is mostly gone for good. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, MildlyArtistic said:

My hot take is that I wish the band would actually try to make an album or just retire. 

Axl sounds horrible live nowadays and has done since late 2017. I used to believe that he still had some in the tank, but nowadays when he rasps it's some horrible gurgling rasp that sounds incredibly forced. I think the rasp is mostly gone for good. 

 

I watched Welcome To The Jungle on YouTube from June 23, 2023, and Axl sounded horrible....😵‍💫😳😱🧐 He sounded like some drunk Axl fan at Karaoke! YIKES! 🧐😳😵‍💫😱

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/18/2023 at 2:57 PM, JimiRose said:

I used to think Its so easy was sung by a guest singer. (from age 12-14) Refused to believe it was axl coz it was so different vocally to every other song on appetite i'd heard. 

lol. Same.

Appetite started getting popular when I was 12 and it was clear to me that the guy on guitar whose face you can't see was singing It's So Easy on the tape until my much older sibling told me it was Axl. I thought Axl came in just to sing the high parts at the end of the song. :bitchfight:

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...