Things you want to confess as a Guns N'Roses Fan? 😀

7 minutes ago, Karice said:

Danny and Stay Of Execution, thank you for your answers, 😀 but I was talking about the "Roses," part. 😀 I asked why it was called "Roses," when only Axl is named Rose, but I did research and it was said that Duff is sometimes called "Duff Rose," which does make sense to call it Roses if Axl Rose and Duff "Rose," are both in the band. :)

The same reason it's guns and not gun

Duff has nothing to do with it

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Karice said:

Danny and Stay Of Execution, thank you for your answers, 😀 but I was talking about the "Roses," part. 😀 I asked why it was called "Roses," when only Axl is named Rose, but I did research and it was said that Duff is sometimes called "Duff Rose," which does make sense to call it Roses if Axl Rose and Duff "Rose," are both in the band. :)

It was from Tracii Guns and Axl Rose (or from L.A. Guns and Hollywood Rose), and Axl thought that "Guns N' Roses" sounded better than "Guns N' Rose".

I appreciate the indepth answers you guys  give me on here. 😀 The Bad Apples Forum, when I asked questions like this, quite a lot of Posters were just like ,"You're an idiot," and didn't tell me WHY they thought I was an idiot. How is just calling a newer Fan who has legitimate questions/posts and Idiot and not giving in depth answers supposed to help Newer Fans? 😣😫😩😖🫤😕☹️🤔🤨😬🙄🧐😒😵‍💫🫨🥶

Here is a big confession I have to make as a Guns N'Roses Fan. I seriously think Axl's signature is one of the ugliest handwriting I have ever seen. 😵‍💫🥶I feel guilty feeling like that, but his signature seriously looks like chicken scratch....🥶😵‍💫

https://www.google.com/search?q=axl+rose+signature&oq=axl&gs_lcrp=EgZjaHJvbWUqBggEEEUYOzIGCAAQRRg5MgYIARBFGDwyBggCEEUYPDIGCAMQRRg8MgYIBBBFGDsyBggFEEUYOzIGCAYQRRg70gEIMjE5MGowajSoAgCwAgA&client=ms-android-tmus-us-revc&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8

Just look at it! 🥶😵‍💫

Edited by Karice

So, on another Guns N'Roses Fan Website, an Admin said something like,"You should check out TWAT, it's a really good song." I went to YouTube and looked up ,"TWAT," and didn't find too many songs called TWAT but I did find MANY songs called There Was A Time!" 🤣 I then thought,"Oh, TWAT is There Was A Time!" 🤣 I told the Admin this and he and I both had a good laugh about it! 🤣 In my defense, I could see Guns N'Roses releasing a song called TWAT, about a REALLY douchebag tool . 🤔

On 8/10/2023 at 9:40 PM, thunderram said:

No offense intended, but anybody that truly believes CD is a better album than either of the UYI albums isn't really so much of a GN'R fan as they are a fan of AXL and/or the supporting cast of that lone album. You aren't going to find many, if any, hardcore fans of the original and UYI lineups that would share the opinion. The overwhelming majority that share your opinion are younger fans that didn't discover GN'R until this millennium or really weren't huge fans of the band beforehand. You clearly fit into the former, since you were only 10 when you discovered CD. That's no slight to you or anyone else sharing your opinion. Everyone has a different experience when music was imprinted upon them. I just find it interesting how many (primarily) NuGNR fans there actually are on this forum.

That might apply to some fans who discovered the band in the timeframe you mention, not all. I discovered gnr in 1999? Or there abouts, loved the band and had no idea of the history etc. Then as time went on I discovered they split and Axl was making a record. I can safely say I like the classic band just fine, and I also love the cd record and was content with not seeing a reunion. Cd isn't better than AFD, and UYI has so many hits it's hard to say CD is better... But I find myself listening to CD more than the UYI and AFD records. I definitely don't think in terms of it being their best album, but it is the one I go back to most often.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

That might apply to some fans who discovered the band in the timeframe you mention, not all. I discovered gnr in 1999? Or there abouts, loved the band and had no idea of the history etc. Then as time went on I discovered they split and Axl was making a record. I can safely say I like the classic band just fine, and I also love the cd record and was content with not seeing a reunion. Cd isn't better than AFD, and UYI has so many hits it's hard to say CD is better... But I find myself listening to CD more than the UYI and AFD records. I definitely don't think in terms of it being their best album, but it is the one I go back to most often.

CD is the album that people hated on because Axl was the only Original Member of Guns N'Roses, but as time went on, People were like,"CD is actually a good and solid album, one I actually enjoy more than Appetite For Destruction!" 😀

5 minutes ago, Karice said:

CD is the album that people hated on because Axl was the only Original Member of Guns N'Roses, but as time went on, People were like,"CD is actually a good and solid album, one I actually enjoy more than Appetite For Destruction!" 😀

reading the comments on various music sites that focus on rock/hard rock/etc it seems like in the last 5 years or more, most of the comments are positive and a lot of music fans like Chinese and/or recognize the material is strong.

people who have no idea Gn'R exist discover them all the time and my guess is that if you're hooked on Gn'R as a new fan, listening to the small catalog and after recovering from the shock of how good AFD/LIES/UYI are, you're probably going to check out Chinese as well after that and maybe with a more open attitude will at least give it a fair chance.

imagine kids in 10-15 years not caring about who was in the lineup at the time and listening to tracks like Better or whatever.

1 hour ago, Karice said:

So, on another Guns N'Roses Fan Website, an Admin said something like,"You should check out TWAT, it's a really good song." I went to YouTube and looked up ,"TWAT," and didn't find too many songs called TWAT but I did find MANY songs called There Was A Time!" 🤣 I then thought,"Oh, TWAT is There Was A Time!" 🤣 I told the Admin this and he and I both had a good laugh about it! 🤣 In my defense, I could see Guns N'Roses releasing a song called TWAT, about a REALLY douchebag tool . 🤔

That’s not what comes up when I search TWAT.  Although, I do search a lot for things in that spectrum so that may be why.  

1 hour ago, Oxford said:

That’s not what comes up when I search TWAT.  Although, I do search a lot for things in that spectrum so that may be why.  

I was remiss to not mention that I looked up TWAT by  Guns N'Roses. 🤭😉 In my quote, I didn't specify the Guns N'Roses part. 😉

Axl is open to taking Selfies with Fans, but he usually looks shocked, annoyed, pissed, miserable. Like 😒🙄😩😫😡🤬😳😵‍💫 I wonder if no selfie is better than having him look upset in his selfies. There was a video of him taking Selfies with Fans and he had this miserable look on his face, like,"Get me out of this shit, NOW! 😫😩 I'd rather not have him looking upset in Selfies he does with Fans. A smile, even if forced would look miles better than the upset looks he does in Selfies. 

Joe Rogan had a selfie with Axl and Axl had this annoyed,"I'm so done with this shit!" Look on his face like 🙄😒😑😐😶 Joe had a beaming smile, like 😁, Axl had a "Get me out of here, NOW!" 😶😐😑😒🙄Expression. It was weird. Though in Axl's defense, Joe approached him out of nowhere when Axl was just trying to have a nice dinner in a Restaurant by himself. A lot of people would have looked annoyed in Axl's position. 

Edited by Karice

• 1 month later...

A Guns N'Roses Fan has a "Pretty," picture of Axl for her Avatar and she had a VERY nasty post. I said something like,"You look like a sweet girl in your Avatar, so this nasty post of yours is shocking, compared to what a sweet girl you seem to be judging by your Avatar. Another Poster was like,"LMAO! 🤣🤭 That's NOT a sweet girl in the Avatar, that's Axl!" That's right, I called a picture of Axl a sweet girl.. 😩

Edited by Karice

When I was a kid I also thought Axl was Duff on the Appetite cross. It made sense to my child brain that the guy wearing a bandanna would be Axl :lol:

I've always preferred Don't Cry (Alt) to the original.

I barely listen to TSI!? & Live Era.

I only went to one reunion show in 2016. As exciting as it was that Slash & Duff were sharing a stage with Axl again, by 2017 I could not get past the fact Axl's voice had become so hard to enjoy. Therefore, I'll likely never see them live again.

I didn't initially dislike DJ Ashba. He soured on me as time progressed. (Due to what I figure is DJ losing interest).

At the moment I can't think of much else.

On 10/13/2023 at 8:45 AM, F*ck Fear said:

When I was a kid I also thought Axl was Duff on the Appetite cross. It made sense to my child brain that the guy wearing a bandanna would be Axl :lol:

I've always preferred Don't Cry (Alt) to the original.

I barely listen to TSI!? & Live Era.

I only went to one reunion show in 2016. As exciting as it was that Slash & Duff were sharing a stage with Axl again, by 2017 I could not get past the fact Axl's voice had become so hard to enjoy. Therefore, I'll likely never see them live again.

I didn't initially dislike DJ Ashba. He soured on me as time progressed. (Due to what I figure is DJ losing interest).

At the moment I can't think of much else.

Someone else also thought that Axl was the skull wearing the red bandana. 😀 So, it makes me feel better that other people also thought Axl was the one with the red bandana on Appetite For Destruction's album. 😀 It has been said that Axl's trademark was his bandana which had us thinking Duff was Axl on the Appetite For Destruction's album. Maybe if Duff NOT been wearing a red bandana, maybe nobody would have thought he was Axl. 🤭

• Like 2

I used to think that Axl was doing self backing vocals for Paradise City because I didn't know that Izzy and Duff were actually singing backup to Axl. So when I watched Paradise City video, I saw Izzy and Duff singing backup to Axl and I thought,"Oh. Izzy and Duff are singing backup to Axl, Axl's not using self backing vocals." 🤭 In my defense, Axl does do self backing vocals a lot of the time. 🤭 

Edited by Karice

5 hours ago, Karice said:

I used to think that Axl was doing self backing vocals for Paradise City because I didn't know that Izzy and Duff were actually singing backup to Axl. So when I watched Paradise City video, I saw Izzy and Duff singing backup to Axl and I thought,"Oh. Izzy and Duff are singing backup to Axl, Axl's not using self backing vocals." 🤭 In my defense, Axl does do self backing vocals a lot of the time. 🤭 

Axl is singing backing vocals in Paradise City, you can hear his baritone voice during the intro chorus 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, D4NNY said:

Axl is singing backing vocals in Paradise City, you can hear his baritone voice during the intro chorus 

I KNEW I heard Axl singing backing vocals in the song, but Izzy and Duff being shown singing backup to Axl threw me off. 🤭