Slash has recorded a new solo album with guest singers (due in 2024)

7 hours ago, Free Bird said:

I wonder when he's gonna release it, before or after the SMKC tour next year, and if Myles will sing some of the new tunes live.

The SMKC tour starts in January so this will probably come out after.

I really hope he does at least a small tour in support of this album with someone other than Myles, though.

• Like 3

I have always wanted Slash to do a true Blues album but I have a feeling this won't be that since he coined it "Blues Oriented".  There are some videos of him jamming with that guy Jimmy Vivino a few years back and I always thought they would make a killer collaboration.  I did like his 2010 album but I don't usually care for these albums with 20 different guests. They just don't feel like a true album and their are always some questionable guests... 

That said, this is the most exciting thing Slash has done in awhile now.  SMKC ran its course and then some.. There is sure to be atleast a few killer tracks on this one. Very cool to see Mike Clink involved if that is the case too. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

I don't care what name it's released under, but studio versions of Wichita Lineman, The Seeker, Walk All Over You, Marseilles, etc. with Axl and Slash would be fucking awesome.

Yes especially the songs that are in the set that Axl wants, Slither, Wichita, BHS, Walk All Over You, whatever, would be some suggestions I don't see Axl saying no to, unless he's completely insecure about his vocals. I mean he already does them live, in the studio it should be even easier with unlimited takes to get how he wants them. Could even have Angus guest on an ACDC cover since they're friends, there's all sorts of scenarios.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Anyone else think this could be an attempt by Slash (but not the main goal, necessarily) to get some juices flowing for Axl to get back into a studio and record something new? Because I find it peculiar that Slash would release this sort of album at this point in time. It would be a great vehicle for recording a cover song Axl likes, and not have the pressure to release something under the GNR name, where he doesn't have to write any lyrics and just sing. Sounds like something Axl wouldn't say no to? Or is that just me? I don't think it's far fetched.

Slash can't have Axl on a SMKC album obviously, it's just never going to happen. The fact many singers would be on this one though gives Slash a perfect excuse and sort of "hide" the fact this was his intentinon. ("Yeah man I'm doing this album, maybe you want to sing on a cover of...?) Definitely doesn't sound like a full blues covers album, but I don't find it hard to believe there could be one or two covers on this thing and that Axl would be on one of them.

It's not impossible but except with GNR and VR Slash rarely records covers for his albums. I would be surprised if that happens.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Free Bird said:

It's not impossible but except with GNR and VR Slash rarely records covers for his albums. I would be surprised if that happens.

You would be surprised if there were blues covers on "a blues oriented album"?:lol: You are not hard to surprise then lol

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

You would be surprised if there were blues covers on "a blues oriented album"?:lol: You are not hard to surprise then lol

Including Snakepit, how many Slash solo records are out there? 7? How many songs did he cover on those records? Exactly! Zero. Why should it be different just because the next record is more blues oriented?

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Free Bird said:

Including Snakepit, how many Slash solo records are out there? 7? How many songs did he cover on those records? Exactly! Zero. Why should it be different just because the next record is more blues oriented?

You have a flawed way of looking at things by categorizing Snakepit and SMKC as "solo albums" as if they are somehow less actual bands than GNR and VR. They are not solo albums. They are real bands as GNR and Velver Revolver, Slash himself doesn't even call Snakepit solo albums, you can read Slashs ACTUAL words, and quotes, from that time 1995-2001 that Snakepit was a full band and not just "a solo album". So you are already 100% wrong on that.

Slash has recorded shit tons of covers over the course of his career, many with some bands, and then none with some other bands. So trying to draw conclusions for this new project using just certain past bands he recorded no covers with as examples is absolutely flawed and makes absolutely 0 sense.

5 hours ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

You have a flawed way of looking at things by categorizing Snakepit and SMKC as "solo albums" as if they are somehow less actual bands than GNR and VR. They are not solo albums. They are real bands as GNR and Velver Revolver, Slash himself doesn't even call Snakepit solo albums, you can read Slashs ACTUAL words, and quotes, from that time 1995-2001 that Snakepit was a full band and not just "a solo album". So you are already 100% wrong on that.

Slash has recorded shit tons of covers over the course of his career, many with some bands, and then none with some other bands. So trying to draw conclusions for this new project using just certain past bands he recorded no covers with as examples is absolutely flawed and makes absolutely 0 sense.

Call it whatever you want. While Snakepit was indeed a real band effort it's obvious that in SMKC it's Slash who's in the driving seat. 

Usually, and again, with exception of GNR and VR, he's only recording covers for tributes, foundations, soundtracks or other projects where he is asking for to lay guitar parts down.

In his actual bands or solo efforts like Slash, he usually doesn't record covers.

Of course it's not impossible and you can keep your hopes high but to me the chances that he'll do a cover AND that Axl hits the studio for this project is laughable small.

But hey... good luck :lol:

Edited by Free Bird
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

True, but at least this time Axl doesn’t seem to be blocking any of these side projects (like how he blocked the Snakepit tour in 1996).

I was just joking because of the vague similarities of Slash doing the Blues Ball when the band should be working on new music.

Edited by SoulMonster

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

There's video on YouTube called something like 'Slash plays a sad blues solo'. Does anybody know if that's an improvised jam or if that's a cover of a known blues song?

Would love if he turned that into a proper song with Richard on rhythm and Duff on bass because that sounded amazing live.