Slash has recorded a new solo album with guest singers (due in 2024)

I'm always happy when my favorite guitarist of all time comes out with a new project.

It would be really nice for Axl to be a part of it with a new song, but unfortunately I don't see it happening, although I hope I'm wrong.

It would be nice if there was a collaboration with Steven Tyler too, I love that man.

• Like 4

Myles kinda implied awhile back that he wasn’t sure about future SMKC music. I wonder if it’s cause he already knew of this project’s existence.

Since slash refers to it as “bluesy,” I wonder if that means it’s all blues covers.

27 minutes ago, klakly said:

I'm always happy when my favorite guitarist of all time comes out with a new project.

It would be really nice for Axl to be a part of it with a new song, but unfortunately I don't see it happening, although I hope I'm wrong.

It would be nice if there was a collaboration with Steven Tyler too, I love that man.

He wanted Axl to be on his 2010 album. I guess you never know.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Myles kinda implied awhile back that he wasn’t sure about future SMKC music. I wonder if it’s cause he already knew of this project’s existence.

Since slash refers to it as “bluesy,” I wonder if that means it’s all blues covers.

He wanted Axl to be on his 2010 album. I guess you never know.

If it's blues covers and not original material, there's a slight chance of Axl being on it (as it would require for him only to sing and not have to write lyrics/melodies).

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

"Stay tuned" sounds like another comment that will become forum lore! 

That's a old one :lol:

https://web.archive.org/web/20031218005742/http://gnronline.com/

(And it was way, way worse then, as that message stayed there, without any updates, for almost three years :lol:)

Edited by Blackstar
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 1

“I told her, ‘Hey, if you ever need me to put some guitar on something, just let me know and I'll do it!’ And so she hit me back about two weeks, three weeks later, and said she's got this song that she's doing a remake of and asked if I'd put some guitar on that. [Guns N’ Roses] did a show in Norway and I had a day off, so I found a cool engineer and studio in Norway and just put the guitars on there. It's amazing how fast it came out.

Well, I guess Lovato figured out how to release records nowadays.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I really hope it's not a cover album. Slash is too talented to waste all his new music on a low tier writer such as Myles. I never minded his voice as much as others did but his generic Nickelback/Shinedown lyrics and melodies ruined the albums for me. I thought the 2010 album was very cool. If it is a cover album I hope there's a lot of original riffs and leads.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I liked about half of Slash's 2010 album, which isn't bad considering I rarely like entire albums. I didn't like the songs with Myles on them. I wish he did more with Andrew Stockdale. (By The Sword) and Fergie, she's an amazing Rock singer.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

I really hope it's not a cover album. Slash is too talented to waste all his new music on a low tier writer such as Myles. I never minded his voice as much as others did but his generic Nickelback/Shinedown lyrics and melodies ruined the albums for me. I thought the 2010 album was very cool. If it is a cover album I hope there's a lot of original riffs and leads.

do you really like "4" ? nothing good for me

1 minute ago, AxlSlashthebest said:

do you really like "4" ? nothing good for me

I don't like the album because of Myles but I thought Slash had a lot of cool ideas on it that went to waste. C'est La Vie, Spirit Love, Whatever Gets You By, Fall Back To Earth and The River Is Rising all could have been good songs with a competent songwriter.

10 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

I liked about half of Slash's 2010 album, which isn't bad considering I rarely like entire albums. I didn't like the songs with Myles on them. I wish he did more with Andrew Stockdale. (By The Sword) and Fergie, she's an amazing Rock singer.

Isn't Fergie a POP singer and not a Rock Singer? When I think of Female Rock Singers, I think of Ann Wilson, Joan Jett, Janis Joplin, Stevie Nicks, Patty Smyth, Gwen Stefani Pat Benatar(Although Pat and Gwen night be a mixture of Rock and Pop), Deborah Harry,  Grace Slick. Fergie sings Fergielicious(Pop Song) and was in The Black Eyed Peas(Pop Group)

59 minutes ago, Karice said:

Isn't Fergie a POP singer and not a Rock Singer? When I think of Female Rock Singers, I think of Ann Wilson, Joan Jett, Janis Joplin, Stevie Nicks, Patty Smyth, Gwen Stefani Pat Benatar(Although Pat and Gwen night be a mixture of Rock and Pop), Deborah Harry,  Grace Slick. Fergie sings Fergielicious(Pop Song) and was in The Black Eyed Peas(Pop Group)

Yes, and that is the beauty of it. Fergie NAILS it. Listen to Slash's Beautiful Dangerous, featuring Fergie on vocals. She also sings on his Paradise City bonus track from the 2010 album. You will be surprised if you have not heard it. There's a creepy music video with Slash and Fergie as well to that song. (Beautiful Dangerous) 

Oh wow, Slash did well to keep that quiet for so long. Super excited to see Slash remain creative and productive.

A bluesy album sounds really exciting. I hope he tours heavily in 2024 and maybe even includes some of these new songs

That's great news. Looking forward for some unexpected collabs. I don't know if Axl would be on it, as it would drag way too much attention to the lack of GNR new music. 

But I wouldn't take the "more blues-oriented" comment as meaning it would be all traditional blues. Maybe it's a good opportunity for Slash to show his more mellow ideas, with less gain on his guitar, but still a blues-rock album. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, novemberparadise23 said:

Would love an Axl guest spot on Slash album. Recently listened to his guest spot on the Sebastian Bach album Angel down. Great vocals on those songs. 

LIABS is one of my fave songs. AD is a brilliant album i have to agree.

• Like 1