Slash has recorded a new solo album with guest singers (due in 2024)

7 hours ago, Blackstar said:

If it's blues covers and not original material, there's a slight chance of Axl being on it (as it would require for him only to sing and not have to write lyrics/melodies).

There’s a lot of old Blues tunes Axl would sound great on. Imagine Smokestack Lightening with lead vox from Axl! 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Yeah, he said that (half-jokingly) in an interview back then:

Slash: You know, I will be honest with you, even at the sake of it going public, when I was in the middle of this process there were a lot of singers names who flew through my mind during the process. You are living in Singer Land so all you are thinking about is singers. The thought of him [=Axl] crossed my mind at one point. I thought, “Axl could sing the shit out of any of these songs.” I, obviously, never made the phone call because I wanted to put the record out in this millennium.

Jeb: Hell, he may have never showed up.

Slash: Exactly. [...]

https://www.a-4-d.com/t6385-2010-09-26-classic-rock-revisited-slash-dangerously-beautiful

When you see honest comments like that from Slash it makes you wonder what he really thinks of the no new music in 15 years thing.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Yeah, he said that (half-jokingly) in an interview back then:

Slash: You know, I will be honest with you, even at the sake of it going public, when I was in the middle of this process there were a lot of singers names who flew through my mind during the process. You are living in Singer Land so all you are thinking about is singers. The thought of him [=Axl] crossed my mind at one point. I thought, “Axl could sing the shit out of any of these songs.” I, obviously, never made the phone call because I wanted to put the record out in this millennium.

Jeb: Hell, he may have never showed up.

Slash: Exactly. [...]

https://www.a-4-d.com/t6385-2010-09-26-classic-rock-revisited-slash-dangerously-beautiful

Ouch. Stuff like this just confirms to me that Slash is only back for money. He obviously doesn't really respect Axl at all, besides his singing skills. And now that Axl's struggling with his singing more, Slash probably doesn't respect that anymore either.  Also explains why Axl and Duff seem so close, but Slash and Axl so distant still. Slash is really cold to him.

Edited by meadsoap
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, meadsoap said:

Ouch. Stuff like this just confirms to me that Slash is only back for money. He obviously doesn't really respect Axl at all, besides his singing skills. And now that Axl's struggling with his singing more, Slash probably doesn't respect that anymore either.  Also explains why Axl and Duff seem so close, but Slash and Axl so distant still. 

I wouldn't say so. They both said a lot of negative stuff about each other in the past, but people's feelings change. They probably still don't like some things in each other, but I'm sure there is mutual respect.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, meadsoap said:

Ouch. Stuff like this just confirms to me that Slash is only back for money. He obviously doesn't really respect Axl at all, besides his singing skills. And now that Axl's struggling with his singing more, Slash probably doesn't respect that anymore either.  Also explains why Axl and Duff seem so close, but Slash and Axl so distant still. Slash is really cold to him.

It was said when they were both still so petty about each other in the press plus it really is just a joke and it’s funny because it’s true :lol: 

They’re all in it for the cash at the end of the day. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

I don't really care what name they collaborate under, I'd love to hear Axl singing on new music written by Slash. 

Slash is the songwriter there... 🤔 unless you are specifically talking about lyrics. And Myles isn't even my taste all the time, but he definitely is a competent songwriter. The World on fire album has some great vocal/lyrics as does year of the tiger

Lyrics and vocal melodies. Myles lyrics are cringe 99% of the time but his vocal melodies are even worse, all major key wanna be anthem garbage.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

I wouldn't say so. They both said a lot of negative stuff about each other in the past, but people's feelings change. They probably still don't like some things in each other, but I'm sure there is mutual respect.

Maybe. It's just that over time, I've noticed a drastic difference between how Duff and Axl interact vs how Slash and Axl vs how Slash and Duff interact. I can see hints of actual friendship between them and Duff, not between each other. There seems to be warmness coming from Axl's side these days, but not Slash's side.

I know this tour is mostly motivated by money, but I always hoped there was positive feelings between them regardless, just so it didn't feel totally phoney. It's disappointing to find constant confirmation that that's not the case. 

Edited by meadsoap

It will make some sad and some happy, but it definitely needs clarification. This album is an extra project and it won't interfere with SMKC 2024 tour and another record with Myles after that. Have a nice day guys :)

Edited by Ralphelmo
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, Chester 524 said:

really?  I had never heard this?  how do you know?  I'm guessing Slash never reached out to Axl about it...

Yeah slash said in an interview around that time that he thought about trying to reach out to Axl for it but got cold feet.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, meadsoap said:

Maybe. It's just that over time, I've noticed a drastic difference between how Duff and Axl interact vs how Slash and Axl vs how Slash and Duff interact. I can see hints of actual friendship between them and Duff, not between each other. There seems to be warmness coming from Axl's side these days, but not Slash's side. 

I know this tour is mostly motivated by money, but I always hoped there was positive feelings between them regardless, just so it didn't feel totally phoney. It's disappointing to find constant confirmation that that's not the case.

Slash and Duff have always been friends. Slash and Axl were never friends. 

They're colleagues. Doubt they ever hang out.

Edited by jacdaniel
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

Lyrics and vocal melodies. Myles lyrics are cringe 99% of the time but his vocal melodies are even worse, all major key wanna be anthem garbage.

Have to agree with this, though myles does get it right sometimes. Watch over you and blackbird by AB are very good lyrically and fantastic melodically. thought he nailed back from cali, Anastasia and you're a lie in those aspects. Everything else though is usually cringe or generic lyrically. like standard phrases and sayings with little meanings just placed over the music.   I think he's got AB SMKC and solo so he rushes a lot of it and says that'll do and occasionally writes some gold.

35 minutes ago, meadsoap said:

def noticed axl and duff being close, slash and duff. duff with everyone actually. Axl does walk over to slash a lot, slash defintely seems cold to axl on stage, but that could just be coz he's in the zone and focusing. A lot of his stage prescence is his image (hat, hair, shades, guitar poses) rather than his movements. Whereas axl is the snake dance, the stage running, the chucking the mic stand, the trying to put off the members playing jokingly. So it could just be that. But obv slash is only in it for the money (he whored out SCOM and himself for a bank commercial ffs), he's not in it for the creativity, and he was already besties with duff!

Edited by JimiRose

16 minutes ago, JimiRose said:

.But obv slash is only in it for the money (he whored out SCOM and himself for a bank commercial ffs), he's not in it for the creativity, and he was already besties with duff!

Y'know, I would be fine with that. If Slash wants to keep his creativity for his solo projects and do GnR for money, it's his right. Why spend all this time pretending that new music is coming and pretending to have turned over a new leaf with Axl if none of it is true? 

It's the dishonesty that bothers me. Slash constantly lying about shit when it's convenient gets old tbh. Can't trust a word the man says.

Edited by meadsoap
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, meadsoap said:

Y'know, I would be fine with that. If Slash wants to keep his creativity for his solo projects and do GnR for money, it's his right. Why spend all this time pretending that new music is coming and pretending to have turned over a new leaf with Axl if none of it is true? 

It's the dishonesty that bothers me. Slash constantly lying about shit gets old tbh. Can't trust a word the man says.

constantly lying about what, exactly? since Slash rejoined Gn'R, what has he lied about? he seems friend;y enough with Axl when they see each other and work together, Slash said he wants to record new shit but we know it's up to Axl and when Slash gave his prediciton about 2-4 more Chinese tunes, it didn't happen. Doesn't mean Slash lied about anything imo.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, JimiRose said:

Axl does walk over to slash a lot, slash defintely seems cold to axl on stage, but that could just be coz he's in the zone and focusing

Totally agree with that and hope Slash’s just focusing on the guitar. It's sad to see Slash being emotionless and kinda ignoring Axl. Duff and Axl or even Richard and Axl seem more interactive on stage.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

23 minutes ago, meadsoap said:

It's the dishonesty that bothers me. Slash constantly lying about shit when it's convenient gets old tbh. Can't trust a word the man says.

Do you also believe that Richard, Ron and DJ all lied about new music along with Slash over the years? 

Or do you think there probably is and always has been music but a certain person won't release any of it and eventually others get bored and move on...

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, jacdaniel said:

Do you also believe that Richard, Ron and DJ all lied about new music along with Slash over the years? 

Or do you think there probably is and always has been music but a certain person won't release any of it and eventually others get bored and move on...

Look at the 2010 interview that someone posted before. The difference... the rest is that the other seemed to believe in new music actually coming out and seemed excited about it until it was dampened over time. Slash, by his own admission, never really believed that at all. He was making fun of Axl for it even. That means in every interview since the reunion started, he never believed a word of what he was saying to the public but still chose to say it anyway. That's fundamentally dishonest. 

And what is it all for? To save face ? Just like he would constantly throw everyone else around him under the bus to save face, like in his memoir, and didn't ever apologize when caught in a lie? Like with Velvet Revolver and the mess of how it ended? It's a pattern at this point, and one that I'm not too fond of. 

Edited by meadsoap