Slash has recorded a new solo album with guest singers (due in 2024)

8 hours ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

I really hope it's not a cover album. Slash is too talented to waste all his new music on a low tier writer such as Myles. I never minded his voice as much as others did but his generic Nickelback/Shinedown lyrics and melodies ruined the albums for me. I thought the 2010 album was very cool. If it is a cover album I hope there's a lot of original riffs and leads.

The sophomoric laughing emoji is all you got? Figures. Right back at ya.

The real joke to LOL at is that you have absolutely no idea what talent is. NONE. And that you don't even realize it.

Your subjective opinion of not preferring someone's work doesn't in any way mean they have subpar talent. That's akin to someone not liking Quentin Tarantino movies and because of that labeling him "low tier".

The only thing low tier is your self-important opinion.

As you were.

Edited by thunderram
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, meadsoap said:

Look at the 2010 interview that someone posted before. The difference.. the rest is that the other seemed to believe in new music actually coming out and seemed excited about it until it was dampened over time. Slash, by his own admission, never really believed that at all, was making fun of Axl for it even. 

So that means in every interview since the reunion started, he never believed a word of what he was saying to the public but still chose to say it anyway. That's fundamentally dishonest. 

And what is it all for? To save face ? Just like he would constantly throw everyone else around him under the bus to save face, like in his memoir, and didn't ever apologize when caught in a lie? Like with Velvet Revolver and the mess of how it ended? It's a pattern at this point, and one that I'm not too fond of. 

They already released 2 songs... They are on Spotify.  So he didn't lie. I'd be fairly confident that he's not lying about reworking more songs, they're soundchecking Perhaps. 

Whether Axl wants to release more is up to him. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ralphelmo said:

It will make some sad and some happy, but it definitely needs clarification. This album is an extra project and it won't interfere with SMKC 2024 tour and another record with Myles after that. Have a nice day guys :)

Good to hear, I think they had said earlier that they had more songs written for the next SMKC record also.

15 minutes ago, thunderram said:

Another day, another fan of this forum dissing Myles Kennedy in some way, shape, or form. Par for the course.

That dude has more talent in his right pinky than 99% of the members posting their overvalued opinions in this forum. I'll bet most hating on his voice and song writing abilities also have zero clue how good a guitarist he is.

FWIW, there are many examples to be cited across AB, SMKC and his solo albums, but the song "Blackbird" in itself completely defeats the notion of Myles being a "low tier" writer.

100% agree

• Like 1

Myles is a very talented singer and drama free frontman but I have to admit that the last 2 SMKC albums didn't do it for me. Some good stuff but felt rushed which it probably was with Slash in Guns and Myles with AB. 

I love them as a live band but if they ever record a new album I hope they take the time to really make something good.

I am more excited about this new solo album.

• Like 1

I think everyone who's now waiting for a proper blues record will be disappointed. I'd like that a lot but he just said that it's more blues oriented than his first solo record. That doesn't mean it's a blues album.

That photo with Steven Tyler and Mike Clink in the studio seems promising but as long as Slash is involved in so many projects, this session doesn't have to be for the new album.

I wish he invited some of the old heroes like he did on Slash and hope there's less Lovatos, Fergies and Scherzingers on the new one  although Lovato's already confirmed. Don't get your hope up for Axl. He just won't guest on anything...

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, Free Bird said:

I think everyone who's now waiting for a proper blues record will be disappointed. I'd like that a lot but he just said that it's more blues oriented than his first solo record. That doesn't mean it's a blues album.

That photo with Steven Tyler and Mike Clink in the studio seems promising but as long as Slash is involved in so many projects, this session doesn't have to be for the new album.

I wish he invited some of the old heroes like he did on Slash and hope there's less Lovatos, Fergies and Scherzingers on the new one  although Lovato's already confirmed. Don't get your hope up for Axl. He just won't guest on anything...

I'm sure the album will be a mixed bag with of different styles (and maybe even a bunch of bonus tracks) like the first Slash & Friends album. I'd love at least one instrumental blues track, though.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

What is the 1% that's not cringe?

I just listened to Far Away after many years and it fucking blew my mind. Most underrated SMKC song. That outro is pure awesomeness. Myles complements Slash in a very good way IMO.

• Like 4

A song with Billy Gibbons would be perfect for a bluesy album.

And someone mentioned a song with Mustaine. Ever since I read in Slash’s book that him and Dave would smoke crack and write heavy riffs I always wondered what that would sound like. 

1 hour ago, Rovim said:

she gonna go all night yeah/she does like it when you take it real slow/all night, my dirty girl

Haha to be fair, how can any man not relate to those lyrics, have you never had that one dirty girl in your life that it reminds you of, I do love that song and it leaves all 14 other tracks that aren't WOF or Bent To Fly WAY in the dust in terms of streaming numbers too, so people seem to love it haha.

14 hours ago, Voodoochild said:

That's great news. Looking forward for some unexpected collabs. I don't know if Axl would be on it, as it would drag way too much attention to the lack of GNR new music. 

But I wouldn't take the "more blues-oriented" comment as meaning it would be all traditional blues. Maybe it's a good opportunity for Slash to show his more mellow ideas, with less gain on his guitar, but still a blues-rock album. 

I hope so. I want a Snakepit sounding blues rock record with guests vocalists and a Izzy appearance too

Edited by Top-Hatted One
  • Like 3

Izzy on vocals and guitar would be good for one and I can actually see Slash asking as a way to build any bridges that may have collapsed.

If it's all covers that will at least stop people assuming it's material Axl turned down.

I see this as really bad news for a new GNR album.

Slash releasing a solo album, Duff releasing a solo album... these people need their creative outlets and GNR probably isn't it and won't be.

Anyways, I'm still looking forward to these solo albums though :lol:

Edited by Lethalis

52 minutes ago, Lethalis said:

I see this as really bad news for a new GNR album.

Slash releasing a solo album, Duff releasing a solo album... these people need their creative outlets and GNR probably isn't it and won't be.

Anyways, I'm still looking forward to these solo albums though :lol:

A GNR album isn't gonna be delayed because of an Slash solo record. It's not like just one or the other. Slash clearly wouldn't release anything if Guns were to deliver a whole new record. It's just a sign that GNR do not plan to release a record around that time in 2024. But who did believe in that? We're waiting for confirmed singles for months/years now. I don't need a solo record to know that there won't be a GNR album anytime soon.

11 hours ago, meadsoap said:

It's the dishonesty that bothers me. Slash constantly lying about shit when it's convenient gets old tbh. Can't trust a word the man says.

true, agree. fans deserve and respect honesty. But thats not something gnr have ever given