Perhaps - August 18. UPDATE IV: A New Hope (Radio Premiere Tomorrow?)

5 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

I think the biggest missed opportunity with GN'R was them not delivering on the trilogy of CD albums, especially if they heavily featured Buckethead. 

Of course, we all agree another missed opportunity was TSI being the last album with the classic lineup, and at this point, it may be too late for them to do anything about that, seeing how they are struggling with handling the material left from the CD sessions.

Regardless of who was playing on those albums, it was a huge mistake not releasing the material when it was relevant. Whoever was in Axls ear either deterring him or placating are just as much to blame as the man himself. 

In 2023 or whatever future date it comes out, It's just not good enough material to ride over the bumps that come with being 'chinese' era songs and 20+yrs old. Well... I haven't heard anything that I consider great yet, not saying others couldn't consider it great.

• Like 3

Just now, ChrisMaciel said:

I have no problems with TB and I agree with you, but they’re officially GN’R management team…

Yeah sure, they are blame in many things, but not in it, nor Slash or Duff , it is Axl.

• Like 2

Here’s what we know:

A linkfire saying August 11 came up briefly, now it’s down but still redirects to GNR’s site.

It had a countdown that would’ve ended yesterday. People theorize that nothing coming out of it or not being played yesterday is a problem indicating it may not actually be coming Friday.

A random news site with “internal sources” say it’s being delayed until next week. It is unknown what sources they have or if they were possibly capitalizing on us assuming it wasn’t soon on the forum.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Coma16 said:

I think it's been delayed because tickets are still selling.

Tickets apparently AREN’T selling.  I’ve been debating for months if I wanted to take the trip to Fenway to see them, since my last GNR show was in 2016.  But $375 plus fees totaling $450 for a pit ticket was too steep for me.  Flash forward to this past Monday when I look and see put tickets are still available, still listed at $375.  Just out of curiosity I added one to my cart to see what the total would be, in the cart the ticket was actually $149 plus fees for a total of $188, so I pulled the trigger.  $188 is acceptable in 2023, but just barely.  $375 before fees is highway robbery, even my Metallica GA ticket for next August at Gillette was only $300 before fees and that’s for both nights.  

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Here’s what we know:

A linkfire saying August 11 came up briefly, now it’s down but still redirects to GNR’s site.

It had a countdown that would’ve ended yesterday. People theorize that nothing coming out of it or not being played yesterday is a problem indicating it may not actually be coming Friday.

A random news site with “internal sources” say it’s being delayed until next week. It is unknown what sources they have or if they were possibly capitalizing on us assuming it wasn’t soon on the forum.

Man said random news site

what’s the coup fam?

what’s the news site

IF, the release is delayed, there’s a possibility they’re gearing up for a larger release which is taking longer to organic. Currently, Perhaps, Atlas, the General and ‘Soul Mon’ (not the Jamaican remix 😂) are bring up results for GnR in Spotify (in UK).

Its a stretch I know.

10 minutes ago, gavgnr said:

IF, the release is delayed, there’s a possibility they’re gearing up for a larger release which is taking longer to organic. Currently, Perhaps, Atlas, the General and ‘Soul Mon’ (not the Jamaican remix 😂) are bring up results for GnR in Spotify (in UK).

Its a stretch I know.

I'm in the US and am getting GN'R results for Atlas Shrugged in Spotify as well. I didn't a few days ago. Perhaps still works. 

The General and Soul Monster have not worked for me in several months, but they did come up before. 

3 hours ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

I agree. I’m surprised people like the village version of Hard Skool so much. I felt it had a great melody and potential but despised the long intro and the clearly filler solo section.

The drums on the demo are a lot better and because of that it had superior drive and sense of urgency 

And even the rough mix  is better than the flat overcompressed dynamics of the final release 

1 hour ago, ChrisMaciel said:

I have no problems with TB and I agree with you, but they’re officially GN’R management team…

TB handles the bands business affairs. 

An A & R representative would handle the release of music on behalf of the band. 

Tom Zutaut was this person in the past. 

TB have never indicated they are promotors, A & R representatives or booking agents. 

In the music industry these roles are very separate and different... 

Given the experience of Axl, Slash and Duff, collectively they might be dealing with the record label directly or indirectly themselves. 

Edited by kiwiguns
  • Like 2