Perhaps - August 18. UPDATE IV: A New Hope (Radio Premiere Tomorrow?)

6 minutes ago, ©GnrPersia said:

How come it's only GNR with these issues.

Looking at the history of the GN'R and its failed release dates, or delayed release dates, (like UYI back in 1991 and CD in 2000 and 2006), most of that comes down to Axl and his managers. Poor communication, procrastination, self-doubt, hidden agendas, etc etc. And that history is probably more extreme with GN'R than other bands, which makes GN'R's history so fascinating. At least now the band has managers that are able to sit between Axl and the rest of the world and make things work, and the touring since 2016 has been spectacularly successful, from a financial perspective but I am thinking more when viewed against the history of the band and how dysfunctional and messy it was. There are so many moving parts, so much to handle, for these big tours, but it seems to work really smoothly now. That one platform were able to launch the single before the postponed launch date, is a botch, but it isn't a big one. Hardly, if any, damage done. I am sure other similarly sized bands do such small fuck ups now and then, too.

• Like 1

The countdown for the song on the official Japanese music service is still there, at least, and it still leads to Friday (august 18th), for what it’s worth. I think the band just took the song off TouchTunes for the next few days so that no more shitty bootlegs of it make their way around the internets. Also they probably want most people to hear the new song for the first time with good quality headphones and such, rather than a noisy bar or whatever… Or am I being too optimistic?

Edited by rocknroll41
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

The countdown for the song on the official Japanese music service is still there, at least, and it still leads to Friday (august 18th), for what it’s worth. I think the band just took the song off TouchTunes for the next few days so that no more shitty bootlegs of it make their way around the internets. Also they probably want most people to hear the new song for the first time with good quality headphones and such, rather than a noisy bar or whatever… Or am I being too optimistic?

I think you are being realistic. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Hope you’re right but I’m glass half empty these days about this group 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SoulMonster said:

I am pretty sure they are given the direction that communication comes from the band, not from them. They are not empowered to make their own decisions on when to communicate and what to communicate.

My 3 year old daughter tells me she wants to fly an airplane, i dont just agree to it because she told me to. If these are the directions coming from the band, what we have seen the past 21 years, then any half competent non moronic management would not be following them. They would make them better, whilst placating the band and lead them to success. 

Absurd and Hardskool (and HS was about as close to classic GnR sounding as we'll ever get) were massive flops due to no promotion, no marketing campaign, no music video, surprise release when no one cared, no interviews and no link to radio play. 2 years have passed and now GnR are doing the EXACT same thing again, despite its spectacular failure twice previously. if TB haven't brought that up with the band then what is the point of their existence other than to annoy the fanbase?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, betterman said:

I think there might be more drama behind the scenes and that releasing an album or some songs is not really that easy for GNR. As a private person I would love all the village leaks to come out in a finished state, but if I was in charge of the label for sure I would rather have a complete new GNR song to promote that Slash and Duff helped write. 

How can it be to release songs though? What drama?

1 hour ago, JimiRose said:

My 3 year old daughter tells me she wants to fly an airplane, i dont just agree to it because she told me to. If these are the directions coming from the band, what we have seen the past 21 years, then any half competent non moronic management would not be following them. They would make them better, whilst placating the band and lead them to success. 

Absurd and Hardskool (and HS was about as close to classic GnR sounding as we'll ever get) were massive flops due to no promotion, no marketing campaign, no music video, surprise release when no one cared, no interviews and no link to radio play. 2 years have passed and now GnR are doing the EXACT same thing again, despite its spectacular failure twice previously. if TB haven't brought that up with the band then what is the point of their existence other than to annoy the fanbase?

Beta and Fernando don’t just annoy us, they flat out detest us and make it no secret that they feel that way.

The feeling is absolutely mutual on my end. Beta and Fernando are both completely useless. 

Edited by The Real McCoy
  • Like 2

50 minutes ago, Towelie said:

What are you expecting exactly? Rock songs don't top the charts anymore, it's not 2001. 

Virtually every legendary rock band who've released new music in the last few years (Metallica, Foos, Ozzy, RHCP, Skid Row, Bon Jovi) have released singles which have come and gone in a flash. They release it for the fans, the days of it making a dent outside of the core fanbase are long gone, no matter how many music videos or TV appearances they do.

Are you seriously comparing the release and promotion of the GnR singles to Metallica, RHCP etc? the videos. the spotify streams, the interviews, the radio play. Of course they're not going to be number 1, but the difference is like comparing some barely known band (GnR) to a very successful act. GnR are massively behind those others on every metric for the recent releases. 

If Axl refuses to promote them then what chance do TB have? I feel like too much of the blame is on TB 

7 minutes ago, JimiRose said:

Are you seriously comparing the release and promotion of the GnR singles to Metallica, RHCP etc? the videos. the spotify streams, the interviews, the radio play. Of course they're not going to be number 1, but the difference is like comparing some barely known band (GnR) to a very successful act. GnR are massively behind those others on every metric for the recent releases. 

I guess, but I think Axl's whole attitude is...

11.jpg

• Haha 3

16 minutes ago, siraddam said:

I wonder what format they will release this on the 18th? Maybe as an exclusive in shopping malls only? Elevator music? During telephone calls when placed on hold?

Joking aside Prince did have a song you could only hear while on hold to his old music store phone line. It never ended up coming out either. 

• Wow 1

22 minutes ago, rumandraisin said:

If Axl refuses to promote them then what chance do TB have? I feel like too much of the blame is on TB 

They failed to promote Chinese democracy as an album..I don't know why people are expecting a party to be held for Perhaps 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DSTK said:

They failed to promote Chinese democracy as an album..I don't know why people are expecting a party to be held for Perhaps 

we dont need a party, a press release and an IG post will be a start! and heaven forbid..... a music video!:o

Edited by JimiRose

2 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

Looking at the history of the GN'R and its failed release dates, or delayed release dates, (like UYI back in 1991 and CD in 2000 and 2006), most of that comes down to Axl and his managers. Poor communication, procrastination, self-doubt, hidden agendas, etc etc. And that history is probably more extreme with GN'R than other bands, which makes GN'R's history so fascinating. At least now the band has managers that are able to sit between Axl and the rest of the world and make things work, and the touring since 2016 has been spectacularly successful, from a financial perspective but I am thinking more when viewed against the history of the band and how dysfunctional and messy it was. There are so many moving parts, so much to handle, for these big tours, but it seems to work really smoothly now. That one platform were able to launch the single before the postponed launch date, is a botch, but it isn't a big one. Hardly, if any, damage done. I am sure other similarly sized bands do such small fuck ups now and then, too.

the touring has nothing to do with TB, you know that Duff/Slash have their own managers right?  do i need to mention names?

a bunch of people from Live Nation ( touring managers involved  too) remember Fernando half crying because one of the Live Nation managers  got  a Touring awards instead of someone in TB?

Team Brazil isn't just a management firm who would decided that, "No, I don't want to work for this client because the strategies I have to execute doesn't make sense and I have no power to influence outcomes." Team Brazil are family, first and foremost. Family that helps out with what needs to be done. They don't have the option to leave. That being said, as far as I understand it, Beta is not part of the management any longer, at least not formally. We could speculate why that is.

If it helps you, stop thinking about them as empowered managers and rather think of them as executive assistants. 

Secondly, thinking that better managers would find a way to steer Axl in directions he don't want to go, is naive considering the fact that more experienced managers tried that and failed spectacularly. 

Lastly, I am sure Team Brazil offers their opinions to Axl on various matters, on a frequency and with an insistence that balances various factors: likelihood of actually swaying him in any direction, likelihood of making him annoyed, likelihood of getting fired, etc. They know him better than us, and they know what battles are worth fighting and hills to die upon. Just like Slash and Duff. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, felixGNR said:

the touring has nothing to do with TB, you know that Duff/Slash have their own managers right?  do i need to mention names?

a bunch of people from Live Nation ( touring managers involved  too) remember Fernando half crying because one of the Live Nation managers  got  a Touring awards instead of someone in TB?

I am sure most work that needs to be done is outsourced, and that Fernando isn't calling promoters himself, aren't reviewing legal terms himself, aren't doing salaries himself, etc etc. But as the connection between Axl and these third parties, ultimately it is Fernando's responsibility as manager to follow-up on the work done and if needed, make changes, including terminating partnerships and identifying new partners.

As for touring specifically, that's handled by Live Nation. But in difference to previous years, the tours aren't cancelled, shows aren't cancelled, shows aren't delayed, Axl isn't biting anyone Things are running smoothly, and that is mostly about managing Axl than anything else.

Edited by SoulMonster

4 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Team Brazil isn't just a management firm who would decided that, "No, I don't want to work for this client because the strategies I have to execute doesn't make sense and I have no power to influence outcomes." Team Brazil are family, first and foremost. Family that helps out with what needs to be done. They don't have the option to leave. That being said, as far as I understand it, Beta is not part of the management any longer, at least not formally. We could speculate why that is.

If it helps you, stop thinking about them as empowered managers and rather think of them as executive assistants. 

Secondly, thinking that better managers would find a way to steer Axl in directions he don't want to go, is naive considering the fact that more experienced managers tried that and failed spectacularly. 

Lastly, I am sure Team Brazil offers their opinions to Axl on various matters, on a frequency and with an insistence that balances various factors: likelihood of actually swaying him in any direction, likelihood of making him annoyed, likelihood of getting fired, etc. They know him better than us, and they know what battles are worth fighting and hills to die upon. Just like Slash and Duff. 

I just assume slash and duff dont care tbh. and axl and tb are just as incompetent as one an other

• Like 1