Perhaps - New Guns N' Roses Single - Discussion

So now the dust and relief is settling, why the 18th and not the 11th? Was there a last minute change or wait for something? Video? Did the label push for that...if so good on them...

By the way that pre save animation with the 8 ball seems to have been adapted into an out now animation graphic on the website, anyone notice? 

1 minute ago, colonizedmind said:

So now the dust and relief is settling, why the 18th and not the 11th? Was there a last minute change or wait for something? Video? Did the label push for that...if so good on them...

By the way that pre save animation with the 8 ball seems to have been adapted into an out now animation graphic on the website, anyone notice? 

It don't really matter... Gonna find out for yourself...  😉

Or.. In the end, it doesn't really matter... 

Everything's fine. Single and video out. Band is happy, Fans are happy. The General on the horizon... So.. Nothing to worry about! 🥳

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

The artwork was done and all the merch is for pre-order anyway, so my guess is the delay was probably so they could do the 'exclusive' release on Audacy radio stations.

22 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

The artwork was done and all the merch is for pre-order anyway, so my guess is the delay was probably so they could do the 'exclusive' release on Audacy radio stations.

As in that offer or opportunity came in last minute? Otherwise why not have it in place for 11th?

10 minutes ago, Rodela said:

Now don't get me wrong. I'm happy for them, and if this were 2022, I'd be over the moon. I just don't share the view that this was this uphill battle against all odds and they came through victorious to make it happen.

Why you would be happy in 2022 and not in 2023? :shrugs:

• Haha 2

31 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

The only thing I’ve seen that’s been fluid since the release has been this whole narrative of “Perhaps” being a new song written by Axl, Slash, Duff this year… It was removed from the official store description of the vinyl and was only mentioned in the initial release used for the radio premiere. Seems to me that Perhaps the record company/Live Nation/Management wanted to market the song as new original composition and maybe the band or Axl wasn’t comfortable with this type of dishonesty… What was Axl getting at with his immaculate conception quote about writing the  song? 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

Off topic but who wants to hear the finished version of Se7en? Brains quotes about it makes me anxious to hear it....

"ITS AN TIMELESS BALLAD WITH A BLOW YOUR FACE OFF CHORUS AND A SUCK YOUR BALL SACK BRIDGE!!!!!"

thats why i think we'll get Atlas/Se7en as the next singles

• PERHAPS 1

3 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

Off topic but who wants to hear the finished version of Se7en? Brains quotes about it makes me anxious to hear it....

"ITS AN TIMELESS BALLAD WITH A BLOW YOUR FACE OFF CHORUS AND A SUCK YOUR BALL SACK BRIDGE!!!!!"

Yea it sounds interesting. Isn't it also the song that samples Ben-Hur?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, colonizedmind said:

Maybe...but don't underestimate what the power of visual and image synergy can do...when Slash is playing and you suddenly see him In all his glory, you immediately hear it stronger....same with chorus vocals, etc when see the subtitles, you hear them clearer...that's why having a video has been such an amazing little surprise....

Who knew a music video, radio promotion and a little marketing would help! It's almost as if the music business is exactly the same now as it was in 1980.... shame it took them 7 years and 3 singles to 'figure it out' but hopefully this shows them the way forward with every subsequent release. Fuck all effort = fuck all reception. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

Of course we want...! On the other hand I'm indiferent. Maybe I would be able to withstand a leak this time... Times are changing and as I'm 41 now I'm not that leak hunter that I used to be... As curious as I am.. But I would prefer the finished song as it is more than a half ass baked demo... But that's just me... 🤷‍♂️ 

Years ago, I was really obsessed with that 16 sec clip of "Chackie Chan". And was dying for some seconds more. But Today I'm just really happy for everything we might get from this band, we all love... They seem to be happy and so should we... Cudos to all of you! 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, chester said:

The only thing I’ve seen that’s been fluid since the release has been this whole narrative of “Perhaps” being a new song written by Axl, Slash, Duff this year… It was removed from the official store description of the vinyl and was only mentioned in the initial release used for the radio premiere. Seems to me that Perhaps the record company/Live Nation/Management wanted to market the song as new original composition and maybe the band or Axl wasn’t comfortable with this type of dishonesty… What was Axl getting at with his immaculate conception quote about writing the  song? 

I don't know if that had to do with the delay, but I think it's spot on. I thought that was their (the label's/LN's?) main problem with the TouchTunes "leak" (the information about the origins of the song included in the publicity about the jukebox incident.

And that's the first thing that crossed my mind when I heard Axl make that comment (that he was making fun of the press release). Btw, did he say immaculate conception or inception? I would think it was conception, but sounded like inception to me.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

I don't know if that had to do with the delay, but I think it's spot on. I thought that was their (the label's/LN's?) main problem with the TouchTunes "leak" (the information about the origins of the song included in the publicity about the jukebox incident.

And that's the first thing that crossed my mind when I heard Axl make that comment (that he was making fun of the press release). Btw, did he say immaculate conception or inception? I would think it was conception, but sounded like inception to me.

It’s just a wild guess looking at the way things trickled out and what has been retracted….  

I thought he said conception but either way I felt he was referencing the murky origins of the song.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Yea it sounds interesting. Isn't it also the song that samples Ben-Hur?

I wonder what exactly was sampled from the film. It could be anything from the score to a sound effect or a quote.

15 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Yes because he's saying....well if I did this shit THIS year....it must of.been immaculate conception.....good shout.

1 minute ago, Sosso said:

I wonder what exactly was sampled from the film. It could be anything from the score to a sound effect or a quote.

There's still plenty of intrigue around 97-08 sessions even after all these years....one day, some day, somebody has to get proper access to write a book about GNR recordings....

I’m going off memory and could be wrong… but wasn’t seven, the general and Thyme all supposed to have an orchestra on the songs.  I’m not asking for any links… but the general never leaked other than a cell phone snip..  right?  I’m pretty excited about hearing a new gnr song that I have no idea what it’s going to sound like. 

12 minutes ago, 1987b said:

I’m going off memory and could be wrong… but wasn’t seven, the general and Thyme all supposed to have an orchestra on the songs.  I’m not asking for any links… but the general never leaked other than a cell phone snip..  right?  I’m pretty excited about hearing a new gnr song that I have no idea what it’s going to sound like. 

Correct. These three songs had orchestral arrangement, plus Leave Me Alone/Soulmonster.