Favourite Post-Reunion GN'R Single Poll

Favourite Post-Reunion GN'R Single Poll  

131 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hard School (I am not gonna spell it the dumb way) is the closest to old GNR I’ve heard from the band so that wins hands down as being exactly what I wanted. The official Perhaps is a mix between CD, Illusions and a bit of Slash’s solo record and I love all 3 so I like it second best. Absurd is good when I feel like it, but it is by far the weakest of the 3.

• GNFNR 1

In all honesty - Absurd.

I think the overall hilarity of that being the first "new" song to come out Slash and Duff being back really just stood out to me at the time. I find it on my rotation far more than Hard Skool which was only ever just an "okay" song for me.

Perhaps is kind of the same. Just "okay" to me, although objectively probably the best written of the three.

• ABSUЯD 1

It’s tough. I do like all 3 tracks, Hard Skool is straight up hard rock “classic” sounding Guns, Absurd is just balls to wall heavy sounding and fun overall but weak repetitive lyrics and it’s frankly ‘absurd’ considering it’s history as Silkworms, no one would have ever guessed it being released as the first single with the return of Slash and Duff 20+ years later. 
Perhaps… the Village demo was okay, I didn’t quite understand the overall hype surrounding it, it sounded okay to me but I preferred Zodiac and State Of Grace. As for this new reworked version, I love it. Sounds very well mixed to me, Duffs backing vocals are nicely done, I think it helps utilise a more modern Guns sound and Axls current vocal abilities but it also seems slightly reminiscent to the softer tracks of the Illusion albums (Yesterdays/Estranged) thanks to the piano work and Axls clean less forced vocals during the verses. And it got a music video which Absurd and HS sadly did not get that kind of treatment and that kind of took away some of the excitement for me back then. 
So overall I choose Perhaps. It seems to be an overall winner for me in all aspects.

Ask us again when The General gets released though 👍🏼😅