"The General" is officially delayed... but "The General" AND "Monsters" is (unofficially) out of the bag

2 hours ago, DarkLotus1111 said:

The biggest and probably the most important question regarding "The General" that we should ask ourselves is... how many "hay hays" does it have?   

The more "hay hays" the higher the quality

8 minutes ago, betterman said:

Do we have any information about song length of the General? 

In my mind its at least a 5-6 minute song, is there som length limit to the vinyl single? I saw someone commenting around 6 mins?

there is length limit to the 7" vinyl they're planning to release it on. It's about 10 minutes including both sides.

1 minute ago, Tom2112 said:

It's going to be a day for the records when we finally hear The General. Years of speculation. This is actually pretty cool. And more importantly nobody has heard it, fresh pots incoming

it's a great song, but way too much trumpets

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, brad_k said:

Sorry I didn’t word it properly, was it physically released (ie vinyl, CD)?

On vinyl it’s the live version from Boston but on cd and cassette it’s the studio version.

On topic; maybe the reason they’re doing the Side-G/ Side-R scheme again this time is so that The General doesn’t feel like a b-side?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, megaguns1982 said:

Holy shit. Any wprd if they’ll upload it to YouTube prior?  End of October seems a long wait for a physical copy considering the main track is already released.

The long wait for the vinyl’s release is more likely to do with the record pressing process being super backed up and slow right now. Even for GnR it’s slower than pre-pandemic to get vinyl pressed. I’d imagine they’ll give Perhaps time to breathe then release the General during the tour so they can promote the 7 inch. 

5 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

On vinyl it’s the live version from Boston but on cd and cassette it’s the studio version.

On topic; maybe the reason they’re doing the Side-G/ Side-R scheme again this time is so that The General doesn’t feel like a b-side?

oh yeah thanks for correcting me. Forgot the studio version of Absurd was on the cd (and cassette) and not on the vinyl version.

• Like 1