"The General" is officially delayed... but "The General" AND "Monsters" is (unofficially) out of the bag

1 minute ago, megaguns1982 said:

Holy shit. Any wprd if they’ll upload it to YouTube prior?  End of October seems a long wait for a physical copy considering the main track is already released.

im gonna make the big call that I think it’s an untouched version from the CD sessions. Hence why it’s only being pushed as a b side.

It will definitely have Slash and Duff. I’m going to guess a September release so they can play it live at least once

• Like 2

I know people keep mentioning it’s about child abuse, but I remember before CD was released a stripper from a club saying Axl played some songs and one was about a General in the military (there was some description about the lyrics). Did that turn out to be bs? 

5 minutes ago, Gunner Gilby said:

Fuck me. They've actually bothered to do a music video for Perhaps. And they're releasing it with The General. Hopefully it gets a CD single release as well as just vinyl. What next? Dare we hope that we're close to getting an actual album?

Well, Slash said they might compile the singles into an album at some point, so I guess we are.

New music, properly new music, I am afraid we are very, very far away.

• Like 1

Just now, ZoSoRose said:

Hot take- I’d rather get The General than a freshly written song. I want to “close this door”, first. It’d be great for them to write something, but I don’t think it’ll happen. I’ll take this, though!

Just waiting on The General and Soul Monster. Anything from that era after that is gravy for me

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, megaguns1982 said:

Holy shit. Any wprd if they’ll upload it to YouTube prior?  End of October seems a long wait for a physical copy considering the main track is already released.

im gonna make the big call that I think it’s an untouched version from the CD sessions. Hence why it’s only being pushed as a b side.

You don't think The General will be on the next album? Whilst I won't be surprised if some old NU GN'R members feature on the next album (like Brain) I doubt we'll get any official music released that doesn't feature Slash.

What a great time to be a GnR fan!

Perhaps is out, I just ordered the 7'' with also The General, and finally we also have a cool official video for the single 🤘

Edited by klakly
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, BucketEgg said:

maybe The General was put on the second side to finish with something more epic than Perhaps with release order.

My guess is the General is gonna be long and epic. Makes way more sense as the B side to the 4 minute piano driven rocker as the A side. 

• Like 2

Just now, Arnuld said:

My guess is the General is gonna be long and epic. Makes way more sense as the B side to the 4 minute piano driven rocker as the A side. 

I think if it’s on a 45 it means it will be 6 minutes or less

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

Hot take- I’d rather get The General than a freshly written song. I want to “close this door”, first. It’d be great for them to write something, but I don’t think it’ll happen. I’ll take this, though!

I'd honestly rather hear The General than 10 newly written songs. I'd much rather hear something Axl did 20 years ago over something from the guys who's last releases were 4 and Tenderness...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Well, Slash said they might compile the singles into an album at some point, so I guess we are.

New music, properly new music, I am afraid we are very, very far away.

Hey we all dream of totally new music written and recorded by the current line up. But we all know how Axl takes his time in the studio. So if Slash, Duff n Melissa adding their touches to unreleased CD leftovers will get us an album out earlier I say go for it. Then let's hope for an all new album.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

If rumors are "GNR fans making up random stuff out of thin air trying to connect leaks with other working title names with no evidence" and other GNR fans read it and think it is actual info and pass it on as such, then yes  :lol:

Exactly. 

D Tune is Seven. 

Circus Maximus is Seven

Ides of March is Seven

State of Grace is the General

Moustache is Monstrocity 

(Fortus is playing Robins solo on Perhaps)

It's all just guess work 

• Haha 1
  • PERHAPS 1

18 minutes ago, MANEK said:

I know people keep mentioning it’s about child abuse, but I remember before CD was released a stripper from a club saying Axl played some songs and one was about a General in the military (there was some description about the lyrics). Did that turn out to be bs? 

Complete bullshit. The "General" in the title is not a reference to a military General but the title was taken from General Tso's Chicken lol, which I think Buckethead was eating in the studio at the time? It's funny they never changed that song title after that and are releasing it as is.

• GNFNR 1

1 hour ago, grogmug said:

It's one of the three songs I've been looking forward to the most since Marco Beltrami will feature on it...should be epic. I remember reading this article below in 2003 and being hyped about it, 20 years later, we are getting it...finally!

https://blabbermouth.net/news/film-composer-talks-about-his-work-on-guns-n-roses-chinese-democracy

Strings might've been replaced by Melissa's multitracked backing vocals....

3 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Complete bullshit. The "General" in the title is not a reference to a military General but the title was taken from General Tso's Chicken lol, which I think Buckethead was eating in the studio at the time? It's funny they never changed that song title after that and are releasing it as is.

I know I didn’t make that up though, all this shit is so long ago and so much bullshit has been said. Also, I remembering back I thought it was the verses of twat that were initially about child abuse and then later changed. All this shit is kinda coming back to me but I’m probably remembering wrong.