"The General" is officially delayed... but "The General" AND "Monsters" is (unofficially) out of the bag

Just now, Mustard Tiger said:

Apologies if this has already been mentioned, but I remember when the locker leaks happened there was some talk that State of Grace might have eventually morphed into The General. Was this ever debunked? Guess we will find out soon enough! 

Sebastian Bach's description of The General really sounds like State of Grace. But how likely is it that Axl would change the name? From the fitting State of Grace which is actually the lyrical point of the song and used in the chorus, to The General, which has nothing to do with the lyrics of the song? Besides, people who claim they can actually hear something from the leaked recording of the General say it isn't that similar (or was it the opposite? Still, I don't trust it).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, UseYourDelusion said:

All this time and Axl casually drops it as. B-Side. Does it get any more GnR than that?!

It’s wonderful to see music being released though and even a video too! Keep it coming Axl!

It's a vinyl, there's always a 'b side' in that sense. I mean they could have called it a 'Double A' i guess, but still, it will be released digitally as a standalone single, not as a b

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Sebastian Bach's description of The General really sounds like State of Grace. But how likely is it that Axl would change the name? From the fitting State of Grace which is actually the lyrical point of the song and used in the chorus, to The General, which has nothing to do with the lyrics of the song? Besides, people who claim they can actually hear something from the leaked recording of the General say it isn't that similar (or was it the opposite? Still, I don't trust it).

everytime when someone, even a pro musician attempts to describe how a specific piece of music sounds like with words, it has its limitations.

I don't believe for a second that The General and State Of Grace are the same song.

• Like 1

Thing is, with "b sides" a lot of the time bands would put something a bit special or even experimental on there.

The a side would be the actual "single" in that it would have a fairly immediate hook and would get decent radio play (these days more likely streams/views) whereas the b would be something that would be appreciated more by the hardcore fanbase.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bansidhe said:

Thing is, with "b sides" a lot of the time bands would put something a bit special or even experimental on there.

The a side would be the actual "single" in that it would have a fairly immediate hook and would get decent radio play (these days more likely streams/views) whereas the b would be something that would be appreciated more by the hardcore fanbase.

yeah the b side doesn't always mean the quality is lower, it's often more of a deep cut

All our.craziness....

Setlist catches

Silent rehearsals sleuthing

Intricate year on year combing of interviews/comments

We.Made.It

We were proved right all along. This day was written in history and we live to see that day.

Now I'm gonna hit my local wateringhole and drop some quarters on the Jukey...

NO! Colonized, you don't need to do that anymore....GNR the normal band from the future have arrived today

"WHAT YEAR IS IT???"

• Like 3
  • GNFNR 1

Can I ask, why do the fans think this song is some sort of epic. What substance do we have to go on that it's actually any good?

And before someone mentions Sebastian Bach or anyone else, they all talked up the other CD songs more than what they were 

Edited by Axl_morris
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Axl_morris said:

Can I ask, why do the fans think this song is some sort of epic. What substance do we have to go on that it's actually any good?

And before someone mentions Sebastian Bach or anyone else, they all talked up the other CD songs more than what they were 

As far as "epic" goes, Slash indicated that while Hard Skool and Absurd were sort-of simple songs, they had a couple of more epic songs ready to be released (paraphrasing). Then we know that Axl wanted Beltrami to work on orchestral arrangement, suggesting that this could be similar to other complex songs like Estranged and November Rain that features orchestration. And lastly, people who claim to understand the recording from the party, and combined with the orchestral intro used at live shows, could suggest this is an epic song.

As for whether it is any good. Well, I guess people who like the complex songs from Axl expect to like this one, too. And some like what they hear at the recording from the party, or just what evader came up with inspired from it. Then we have the fact that Brain, Fernando and Bach seem to like it.

Edited by SoulMonster
  • Like 1

I just want to remind everyone how important it is to occasionally reflect and be thankful…

it wasn’t that long ago that axl duff and slash weren’t on speaking terms  and now we see them on stage rocking like fuck for three hour shows…

it’s wasn’t too long ago that they had that mad fella with the chickens shitting all over the studio and a box in his head.

now we have actual new songs and official videos ….

free at last free at last….

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ak1nney said:

I wonder if we get The General in September? That gives them a chance to play it on tour AND promote the 7". 

Yeah, I'm sure the digital copy of The General will be available toward the end of September/early October.

Kind of makes me wonder if there will be an EP of Absurd, Hard Skool, Perhaps, and The General, plus another new song or two.

• Like 1