"The General" is officially delayed... but "The General" AND "Monsters" is (unofficially) out of the bag

8 minutes ago, rumandraisin said:
7 hours ago, matheus.binotti said:

4:04 min of The General, from Budapest (2006/06/31)

https://on.soundcloud.com/dicxi

Holy fuck I haven't heard this in ages. The horns! Please please please let Beltrami's work stay on the track 

Isn’t that from the Exorcist or something like that? Don’t think it’s the General

9 hours ago, colonizedmind said:

Longest I can find! Fuck it STILL gives me the chills and to think....next fuckin month! Intro or backing bed....Marco has contributed soo much to this mythical song!

(1min 41 secs of General)

Longest  (starts at 1 min)

Anyone else hear the hints of a demonic choir?

I was in the Madrid show. 3 hours delayed, everybody really angry and when the intro to WTTJ  sounded people went crazy. Was special.

It's time to release this song already... personally I don't think it will sound much like the concert intro.

Parts of that intro might be in the song, but the song itself (as a whole) will probably sound quite different.

People like Brain called it "a cool jam".

49 minutes ago, Cosmo said:

My current theory is that the concert intro consists of the isolated strings stems in the song, rearranged as they might not be present in every section of the song, especially made to be used as an intro. I think it's probably not the song intro itself as there are like... 3-4min versions of the concert intro and unless the song is 12+ minutes long, it's probably not gonna have a 4min intro to a 5min song. People would skip that shit like crazy.

This

• Like 1

On 9/12/2023 at 7:27 PM, Trin9498 said:

If the orchestra part is really 2-3 minute intro, I would be ok with them cutting that to fit on the 7 inch vinyl

maybe there is a Single Version for vinyl and a longer Album / EP Version? I know GN'R never did that except a shorter Sweet Child O' Mine Version for the music video

33 minutos atrás, Voodoochild disse:

Nunca ouvi isso, incrível. Há muito mais coisas lá do que as gravações normais. A parte 2:34 tem essa melodia de violino/viola que combina com a parte “woohoo” do celular (0:16).

This makes me think that these arrangements were just samples to be later selected and edited in the final mix.

• GNFNR 1

4 minutes ago, matheus.binotti said:

This makes me think that these arrangements were just samples to be later selected and edited in the final mix.

Yeah, I don't see it working to use a 2-4 minute intro. I could see one minute, easily as they have done that, especially on CD.  My best guess it we get a 1 min intro, a kickass track with orchestra up and down throughout the mix, then a 1 min cool down lap outro. I hope Slash plays how Robin/Bucket did on what we heard in the party clip, that was some nice guitar playing, and some which Slash should do well, if he wants. 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Its Tino said:

I saw them November 2011 and it was the Dexter intro. 

Interesting. I swear I heard them do The General intro once live, but my first Guns show was November 15, 2011 so maybe it was just me not remembering. I liked the Dexter intro as well.

23 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

Interesting. I swear I heard them do The General intro once live, but my first Guns show was November 15, 2011 so maybe it was just me not remembering. I liked the Dexter intro as well.

I was on Nov 19 and the Dexter intro got a great reaction from the crowd!

• Like 3