"The General" is officially delayed... but "The General" AND "Monsters" is (unofficially) out of the bag

10 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

At least they HAVE an album to argue over.....oh I'd sell my kidney to just be in that position.....

I love when there is so little GNR news to argue about that mid thread arguments about other bands break out that go for 3-4 pages. I can guarantee no one is arguing about GNR on the Stones forum lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • ABSUЯD 1

The Stones’ 60s-70s output is so legendary, they would have never had to put out a single extra song after that. The fact that they have some great tunes after is a bonus.

1 minute ago, Sweersa said:

Do any stones forums even exist?

Iorr is huge

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, PaoloLA said:

I forget. When Perhaps was released, did they release it before playing it live or the other way around? 
Also, if The General is out next Friday do they play it live before or after?

I believe it was released first

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, PaoloLA said:

I forget. When Perhaps was released, did they release it before playing it live or the other way around? 

It was first played on release day. 

12 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

The Stones’ 60s-70s output is so legendary, they would have never had to put out a single extra song after that. The fact that they have some great tunes after is a bonus.

Iorr is huge

Ya the stones 60s output alone is like 3x Guns entire discography lol

9 minutes ago, PaoloLA said:

If at all, not before Friday...only like a couple of dates before that now anyways, so not long to find out...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, gnfnrs1972 said:

Don't get "Angry" with me!

Ya, you'd rather make the sweet sounds of heaven...

1 hour ago, DoMw94 said:

Isn't it a GN'R store exclusive? It's not like it's sat in the back room of a Best Buy or HMV waiting to hit the shelves, literally.

It won't be in many peoples' hands yet, certainly not compared to a general (pun not intended) release

So the delivery boys and postie's will have their mitts on it first. Bastards! 😸

Edited by colonizedmind

6 hours ago, Skamos66 said:

If there was one fanbase that would plan a heist for new music, it would be this one. 🤣
I wouldn't be surprised if a mission impossible-style Universal Studios infiltration for proshot concert footage has been mentioned somewhere on this forum lol.
End Of Days 2: Stealing the FN' Album

We've seen that movie before in 2008....due another sequel eh! How many Saw's are there again???

By the way, when is too last minute for Axl to pull the plug and decide the cowbell isn't loud enough in the mix? Oct 27th could be replaced by a massive rant, how "unforseen circumstances and forces got in the way from us giving you this new music, trust us while we sort out shit behind the scenes, Nando's on it...Betas making calls... just have a little patience...."

19 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

By the way, when is too last minute for Axl to pull the plug and decide the cowbell isn't loud enough in the mix? Oct 27th could be replaced by a massive rant, how "unforseen circumstances and forces got in the way from us giving you this new music, trust us while we sort out shit behind the scenes, Nando's on it...Betas making calls... just have a little patience...."

I hope The General is more like Perhaps, where it's a nice mix and great master, compared to Hard Skool. Hard Skool had it's life and soul sucked out of it with the NITL changes. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

I hope The General is more like Perhaps, where it's a nice mix and great master, compared to Hard Skool. Hard Skool had it's life and soul sucked out of it with the NITL changes. 

Should be ok on that front...2 years on and Ax and Slasher were liste ING to "mixes" in that studio night before Glasto....surely one was Perhaps and the plural was General (at the least...) more attention going into these. Most likely, more of the last work of Bobby Ludwig....if so, we're safe from needing to nab our own sword and shield...

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Nick85 said:

Will this track’s release see even the slightest bit of fanfare from team GNR?

No because it's not being released as such. It's a b-side. It's all about Perhaps.

Compared to Perhaps (and I guess Hard Skool), Absurd got very little attention – and that was a single – so a song that is not a single and is tagged onto a limited release vinyl probably won't get any fanfare. Why on earth would it? There's nothing to promote. They're selling Pehaps singles, not The General singles.

Edited by DoMw94

15 minutes ago, General2112 said:

On Facebook someone asked SFP Magazine if GNR would play the general at the hell and heaven fest and they replied with yeah, Axl already confirmed it to Armando Arzola

I took a look and it seems tongue-in-cheek (like many of the other comments under that post)

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Voodoochild said:

Different audiences, and not exactly the same thing. The Stones are releasing an album, with proper publicity. Guns is just releasing another CD-era track, who knows if they will have proper digital release, and seems like they are not going for the same kind of impact and we shouldn't expect it either. Either way, people won't have to chose between the two releases. 

BTW, there's a lot of good Stones tracks since 1980. Voodoo Lounge has some great stuff, like Love is Strong and Out of Tears.

I also liked the blue and lonesome covers album they released in 2016.

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1