"The General" is officially delayed... but "The General" AND "Monsters" is (unofficially) out of the bag

5 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Get the fucking thing stuck on streaming sites on the 27th October. 

I say this as a big fan of physical media, who never streams really too. 

It's a 7inch vinyl, probably lousy quality, which they may or may not get to people at some point. 

Seriously. This is just ridiculous at this stage, whatever the alleged holdup may be. If it doesn't drop onto streaming on October 27th it would be farcical. 

:axl:

3 hours ago, Sweersa said:

There are members here who already have. 

Unless you’re talking about forum members who are either with the label, band/management than you are mistaken. 

edit* I originally thought you were referring to members on here having  the song in their possession. I reread your post and I now understand what you mean. 

Edited by HollyWoodRose84
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Get the fucking thing stuck on streaming sites on the 27th October. 

I say this as a big fan of physical media, who never streams really too. 

It's a 7inch vinyl, probably lousy quality, which they may or may not get to people at some point. 

Seriously. This is just ridiculous at this stage, whatever the alleged holdup may be. If it doesn't drop onto streaming on October 27th it would be farcical. 

This! Who gives a shit about a vinyl release.....I mean to the point it would hold up how the majority of us will listen to the track.

Sell the "collectors " vinyl after...who gives a shit

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Blackstar said:

It sounded nothing like Evader's version to me (but of course it could be parts of The General anyway).

There was a specific part that was played in the soundcheck that was dead on for a part that Evader had pieced together for his mix based on the cell phone party clip. Of course, I can't find either the soundcheck or Evader's anymore, but the soundcheck was posted here as people thinking it was some kind of jam. I think it was actually before Perhaps was even soundchecked.  it was the lead over the power chords that kick in immediately after the orchestral part in Evader's mix.

Edited by Stro

3 minutes ago, Stro said:

There was a specific part that was played in the soundcheck that was dead on for a part that Evader had pieced together for his mix based on the cell phone party clip. Of course, I can't find either the soundcheck or Evader's anymore, but the soundcheck was posted here as people thinking it was some kind of jam. I think it was actually before Perhaps was even soundchecked.  it was the lead over the power chords that kick in immediately after the orchestral part in Evader's mix.

The soundcheck was last year. Here is the post with the clips:

Also I think Evader has used parts of various Buckethead works for his version, so the guitars are not from the phone clip.

• Like 1

Why are we even taking the Evader mix seriously? It's a guess based on a poor quality phone clip from years ago and other unidentified or unrelated bits. It's just guesswork. We have no idea what the song actually sounds like. Chances are it won't sound like the Evader thing – which also has completely unintelligible vocals.

C'mon guys, it's just desperation. The Evader thing might be way off for all we know

Someone on reddit says Universal Music gave them a refund out of the blue, that they didn't ask for (They had the canadian universal music store

https://old.reddit.com/r/GunsNRoses/comments/17c97pq/looking_forward_to_the_announced_release_day/k5rnooo/

Anyone else that bought from the Canadian store that's going through the same thing?

Also everything from the Guns N Roses category disappeared in the Canadian store

https://www.umusic.ca/collections/guns-n-roses

Guns N Roses hates Canada confirmed?

5 minutes ago, BucketEgg said:

Someone on reddit says Universal Music gave them a refund out of the blue, that they didn't ask for (They had the canadian universal music store

https://old.reddit.com/r/GunsNRoses/comments/17c97pq/looking_forward_to_the_announced_release_day/k5rnooo/

Anyone else that bought from the Canadian store that's going through the same thing?

Also everything from the Guns N Roses category disappeared in the Canadian store

https://www.umusic.ca/collections/guns-n-roses

Guns N Roses hates Canada confirmed?

My order is still confirmed, and it is still up for purchase.

https://shop.udiscovermusic.ca/collections/rock/products/guns-n-roses-perhaps-the-general-7-single

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Cory Trevor said:

a bit pessimistic, but im 99 pct sure i heard them jamming "perhaps" in ottawa waay back in 2017. no axl and couldnt hear the keys, but it was a full song i remember saying sounded like sweet home alabama if sabbath wrote it. 

perhaps im wrong though (hey hey)

That's actually a very fitting description

12 hours ago, Cory Trevor said:

a bit pessimistic, but im 99 pct sure i heard them jamming "perhaps" in ottawa waay back in 2017. no axl and couldnt hear the keys, but it was a full song i remember saying sounded like sweet home alabama if sabbath wrote it. 

perhaps im wrong though (hey hey)

Was that a rehearsal or during the show?

16 hours ago, DoMw94 said:

Why are we even taking the Evader mix seriously? It's a guess based on a poor quality phone clip from years ago and other unidentified or unrelated bits. It's just guesswork. We have no idea what the song actually sounds like. Chances are it won't sound like the Evader thing – which also has completely unintelligible vocals.

C'mon guys, it's just desperation. The Evader thing might be way off for all we know

Because it might be the same melody.

1 hour ago, DannyVinyard said:

Because it might be the same melody.

"Might be" – exactly. We don't know!  There could be a hundred songs out there with the same melody for all we know. People are wasting their time with some make-believe thing that probably won't come close to the real thing.

Sorry, I just don't see the point. I don't get it at all

Edited by DoMw94

I never listened to Evader's version in the first place. No disrespect for Evader's work, very talented! I just had no interest in something that is not really Guns N Roses. (Same thing with the Village leak instrumentals that I listened to only once.)

Hell, I've refused to even listen the the cell phone clip.

• Like 3