"The General" is officially delayed... but "The General" AND "Monsters" is (unofficially) out of the bag

3 hours ago, Arnuld said:

I know to some this can feel like “the end of an era” but the reality is if the General is the last release this year we have only gotten about 1/3 of CD2. 

1. ABSURD

2. HARD SKOOL

3. PERHAPS

4. THE GENERAL

5. atlas shrugged 

6. state of grace

7. seven

8. oklahoma

9. cuban skies

10. quick song

11. soul monster

12. zodiac 

That is A LOT of meat still on the CD2 bone. And this is just the other shit we assume has vocals. There may be a few more we don’t know about. 

probably The General & Soul Monster is one song now

31 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:
31 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

This is assuming the song gets released digitally and is played live at all, neither of which may happen.

Why wouldn’t it? Every GNR song that’s been officially released has been gotten a digital release, and every song they’ve released since the reunion has been played live. I find it bizarre how far this assumption has spread.

Edited by Flayer
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, GnR Chris said:

Did we ever find out the identity of the mystery person who casually dropped “Sorry” lyrics in this forum well before the album dropped? 

There's this guy and then there's the Chairman. GNR underground is basically an anime. MSL even looks like a DBZ villain.

Edited by CaioAKR
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Flayer said:

Why wouldn’t it? Every GNR song that’s been officially released has been gotten a digital release, and every song they’ve released since the reunion has been played live. I find it bizarre how far this assumption has spread.

I'm not sure you understand what the word "assumption" means. Going off of the available evidence, it will only be released on vinyl. Anything beyond that known fact is the assumption. Not the other way around.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, GnR Chris said:

Did we ever find out the identity of the mystery person who casually dropped “Sorry” lyrics in this forum well before the album dropped? 

Probably the same person who dropped these lyrics:

and they say the stars don't look the same i may have changed yet i have my soul to claim

7 minutes ago, themadcaplaughs said:

You know, I never thought of that being the case. I know this was a joke, but I'd actually pin the chances of this being the case at above 50%...

Yeah.
Pretty much anyone else involved at the level where they're familiar with the lyrics of (at that point) unheard material would have the sense not to post something like that. A pissed/powdered up Baz however...

5 minutes ago, evilfacelessturtle said:

I'm not sure you understand what the word "assumption" means. Going off of the available evidence, it will only be released on vinyl. Anything beyond that known fact is the assumption. Not the other way around.

Various news sites have posted about it being exclusive too, one of which was the website that was the only one who correctly reported Perhaps would be delayed a week.

1 hour ago, saint_seiya_aka_buckethead said:

alright I heard the song, its NOTHING like Evaders but its better than anything else theyve released since CD

proof? i think ill still listen to Evaders once the real one comes out if it sounds nothing like it, i like Evaders version

5 minutes ago, evilfacelessturtle said:

Has there ever in the history of the band been a song they put out on vinyl but purposefully withheld from their digital catalog? No.

Is there any particular reason for them to do that now? No.

To say it might never happen is just as much of an assumption as to say it will. The difference is that one assumption is backed by precedent, and the other is not. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1