"The General" is officially delayed... but "The General" AND "Monsters" is (unofficially) out of the bag

15 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

What proof could there be? Songs just show up on streaming sites when they come out, these days. Hard Skool just appeared, all the sudden. It was out in New Zealand first. Absurd came out at 12am EST and also just appeared

All 3 singles had some type of proof in the previous days that led to an imminent digital release, whether it was a Linkfire link, a countdown, a Japanese store link. I’m sure there were more.

What do we have for The General? Some vague comment by Fernando on Reddit and the Spotify search theory?

Edited by GNRfanMILO

1 minute ago, GNRfanMILO said:

All 3 singles had some type of proof in the previous days that led to an imminent digital release, whether it was a Linkfire link, a countdown, a Japanese store link. I’m sure there were more.

What do we have for The General? Some vague comment by Fernando on Reddit and the Spotify search theory?

Absurd didn't that just appeared out of the blue

19 minutes ago, GNRfanMILO said:

I think you guys are setting up for disappointment with the digital version. There’s no proof whatsoever that it’s coming to streaming platforms. Nada.

Yeah, it’s not happening. No link fire. No imminent live performance. All signs point to a vinyl exclusive release.

• Like 3

Just now, GNRfanMILO said:

I think the vinyl only solution is so stupid people are just not ready to accept it. Why would they even? 
I get what you’re saying tho, there is nothing official a part from the fact that the general is coming out as a b side of the physical perhaps single. 
but than again does it really mean anything? 
the general wasn’t even announced, didn’t we find out by reading the description of the the single on the store? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Yeah, it’s not happening. No link fire. No imminent live performance. All signs point to a vinyl exclusive release.

Shacklermyrye posted this on Gnrevo a few days back in regards to link fire: BTW I know a few people here and apparently a few just viewing the forum will be trying this link from time to time https://gunsnroses.lnk.to/thegeneral
If you do it may also be worth checking https://gunsnroses.lnk.to/thegeneralandmonsters. Given that this song is packaged in with the Perhaps link.to however it is likely that these links may never become active at all.

4 minutes ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

Shacklermyrye posted this on Gnrevo a few days back in regards to link fire: BTW I know a few people here and apparently a few just viewing the forum will be trying this link from time to time https://gunsnroses.lnk.to/thegeneral
If you do it may also be worth checking https://gunsnroses.lnk.to/thegeneralandmonsters. Given that this song is packaged in with the Perhaps link.to however it is likely that these links may never become active at all.

Possible that’s the case but it still doesn’t mean it’s going to happen at all digitally. 

It’s just time to face the facts. Yeah it’s supposed to be shipping on the 27th. But the world’s going to end before anything’s uploaded. Something will always come in the way of hearing new music. It’s a huge conspiracy to hold Axl and the band down. Duh

• PERHAPS 2

....wait, you guys are all counting on an official digital release?

WTF?

I thought we were counting down til someone gets their hands on the vinyl and shares it with us.  That's the only way we're gonna hear it.

If you're waiting for pristine digital clarity, you're in for a much, much longer wait.  That's not gonna happen til a true audiophile with an amazing set up can rip the vinyl and share it with us.  Could be a while.

I see no reason why someone won't just hit "record" on their phone like they did with Perhaps at the jukebox.

I thought we were all on the same page here in that understanding.  If you really think something's gonna happen at midnight New Zealand time, you're in for a big letdown.

Allegedly, the vinyl exists.  All we can do now is wait.  But it literally should be any day now.  Maybe even today.....

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

AI:

The intense dedication and enthusiasm displayed by some fans within the Guns N' Roses community can be seen as a testament to the band's enduring impact and the deep connection fans feel toward their music. The behaviors you mentioned, such as closely monitoring Spotify titles, playing guitar alongside clips, and checking for website updates, highlight the passionate engagement and anticipation surrounding the potential release of new material. This level of dedication underscores the lasting influence and cultural significance of Guns N' Roses, as their fanbase continues to actively follow and engage with the band's creative endeavors.

That sounds like something Axl could’ve written :laugh:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, estrangedtwat said:

WTF?

I thought we were counting down til someone gets their hands on the vinyl and shares it with us.  That's the only way we're gonna hear it.

If you're waiting for pristine digital clarity, you're in for a much, much longer wait.  That's not gonna happen til a true audiophile with an amazing set up can rip the vinyl and share it with us.  Could be a while.

I see no reason why someone won't just hit "record" on their phone like they did with Perhaps at the jukebox.

I thought we were all on the same page here in that understanding.  If you really think something's gonna happen at midnight New Zealand time, you're in for a big letdown.

Allegedly, the vinyl exists.  All we can do now is wait.  But it literally should be any day now.  Maybe even today.....

Not counting on it, I allowed the optimism of others here to temporarily delude me. But I agree, 95% chance it's physical only.

If they don't put this out in decent audio quality it will be one of the biggest fails in GNR history. 

Decent is NOT stuffed onto a (quite likely) low quality vinyl 7inch. If it's long the quality will be even worse. 

I don't believe there can possibly be no other release of this song. It would be too ridiculous. 

Edited by allwaystired
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, estrangedtwat said:

WTF?

You can tell which fans have really been following this band since the 2000s and who hasn’t.

2 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

If they don't put this out in decent audio quality it will be one of the biggest fails in GNR history. 

Decent is NOT stuffed onto a (quite likely) low quality vinyl 7inch. If it's long the quality will be even worse. 

I don't believe there can possibly be no other release of this song. It would be too ridiculous. 

I'm sure it'll be on a CD or something eventually, especially if it's really good.

People still buy CDs like crazy in Japan.  The Hard Skool CD got a lot of promotion there.  If nothing else, I predict a CD release in Japan in some form or another, but not necessarily anytime soon.

• Like 1

Why wouldn't they want to make money off if prople who want a digital copy???

If they deny us that,  people will still find a way to get a copy (recording of the vinyl for free) and MANY may decide that's good enough...why do I need an official version?

If you don't make the digital version available right away, you increase the likelihood that people will want it because they can hear it elsewhere. 

A vinyl only release is just dumb....they aren't THAT dumb

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Illusion1987 said:

If they deny us that,  people will still find a way to get a copy (recording of the vinyl for free) and MANY may decide that's good enough...why do I need an official version?

If you don't make the digital version available right away, you increase the likelihood that people will want it because they can hear it elsewhere. 

Agreed. It's what we are likely to get initially though. Hope we are wrong! 

Holding out limited hope for a digital release next week. 

9 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

It’s wildly dumb not releasing it digitally, to be sure. I think it’s just that there’s zero evidence a digital release is imminent in contrast to Perhaps. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MJRoses23 said:

Not that it means anything, but to add to the Spotify CSI case, searching for The General brings up GNR as a top overall result today for the first time. Previously they only showed up on the artist tab.

Maybe due to people searching for "guns n roses general"?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Illusion1987 said:

What you are doing here is applying fair logic to Guns N' Roses.