"The General" is officially delayed... but "The General" AND "Monsters" is (unofficially) out of the bag

2 minutes ago, GNRfanMILO said:

The Linktree and countdown links were removed because the song was delayed one week, not because we found out. 

You are wrong when you say there wasn’t any proof that those songs were being released digitally. Those two are.

The fact that The General is shipping as a B-side on a physical format doesn’t prove that it’s coming in digital too.

Can you tell me where can I legally stream the physical-only live versions of Absurd, Don’t Cry and You’re Crazy that were officially released less than two years ago?

Those tracks are different though. They're live versions of already released songs. They are much more in line with what physical-only releases might look like. Not an unreleased song that's only the fourth full song release since 2016. 

5 minutes ago, GNRfanMILO said:

The Linktree and countdown links were removed because the song was delayed one week, not because we found out. 

You are wrong when you say there wasn’t any proof that those songs were being released digitally. Those two are.

The fact that The General is shipping as a B-side on a physical format doesn’t prove that it’s coming in digital too.

Can you tell me where can I legally stream the physical-only live versions of Absurd, Don’t Cry and You’re Crazy that were officially released less than two years ago?

I just realized I've still never heard those live tracks. Haha some fan. 

Just now, Nick85 said:

Imagine the insanity if by this time tomorrow we still haven’t heard The General. 😆

We most probably won't, though... why would we? IMO, best case scenario, although unlikely, is Friday. Worst case scenario is like two mondays from now or whatever.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Nick85 said:

Imagine the insanity if by this time tomorrow we still haven’t heard The General. 😆

People will probably start dying

2 minutes ago, saint_seiya_aka_buckethead said:

my friend in the industry says that management is delaying the record until after the Hollywood bowl shows

Ask your friend if the song is about chicken

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, saint_seiya_aka_buckethead said:

my friend in the industry says that management is delaying the record until after the Hollywood bowl shows

After the bowl shows, so does that pretty much rule out the possibility that the song will be debuted live this leg of the tour?

9 minutes ago, Cosmo said:

We most probably won't, though... why would we? IMO, best case scenario, although unlikely, is Friday. Worst case scenario is like two mondays from now or whatever.

To complement:

I won't get really mad if the song doesn't come out on digital before the vinyl ships, as there is no indication of this whatsoever. HOWEVER, if by any chance, the vinyl delays... then I'm getting really, incredibly pissed.

• Like 2

I'm guessing tomorrow people will start getting their tracking information and see that the single is being 24 hour next day shipped. I haven't bought a piece of physical media in a long time taht wasn't out on the actual release day, even when websites say that it's the day the items ship. It's GnR though, so maybe it'll be half assed and arrive early next week. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bumbleslash69 said:

I'm guessing tomorrow people will start getting their tracking information and see that the single is being 24 hour next day shipped. I haven't bought a piece of physical media in a long time taht wasn't out on the actual release day, even when websites say that it's the day the items ship. It's GnR though, so maybe it'll be half assed and arrive early next week. 

German store says it ships on Nov 3rd. Idk when US store ships but maybe we'll get a rip before the Euro customers get their records

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, saint_seiya_aka_buckethead said:

Had a look through your posts , you've done the worst job of using a 'friend in the industry' to glean any useful information whatsover, well done

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

29 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

It still has to ship. It always said “ships October 27th”. So it’s probably another week before we hear the vinyl rips.

Unsure about that. My wife ordered the Britney Spears book that just got released yesterday. Always said ships October 24th and she got an Amazon notification Monday night that the order was "out for delivery." It showed up Tuesday by lunch hour. Here's hoping these vinyls operate similarly. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Arnuld said:

I went and bought the damn vinyl just in case it doesn’t hit streaming. I went ahead and paid for express shipping. It still said it ships on the 27th. 

That's weird, I just looked at the GNR site again and it still says shipping on the 26th. Originally it was the 27th, not sure when it changed, but hopefully that's true and people actually get it in the next couple days.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Grayfox said:

Here’s to the Perhaps 7” shipping tomorrow but being the Hardskool single housed in the Perhaps slip

If they ever decide to ship Perhaps CD singles with The General, it would be amazing if there was a mishap by the label and instead they include the 2010 CD2. :P 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

That's weird, I just looked at the GNR site again and it still says shipping on the 26th. Originally it was the 27th, not sure when it changed, but hopefully that's true and people actually get it in the next couple days.

Mine still says the 27th. I'm in the US, eastern time zone. 

Just now, Gordon Comstock said:

Yeah. For some reason it says shipping on the 26th to some people and the 27th for others. Maybe is it's a gelocation thing. Even then, I tried to VPN myselft to the US and it still showed the 27th. That's in the US store, to be clear. But I know it's showing the 26th for many people.

3 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

If they ever decide to ship Perhaps CD singles with The General, it would be amazing if there was a mishap by the label and instead they include the 2010 CD2. :P 

If that exists, it is the grail for sure

• Thanks 1