"The General" is officially delayed... but "The General" AND "Monsters" is (unofficially) out of the bag

1 minute ago, Rodela said:

HEY GUYS I JUST ASKED ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE PROGRAM "BARD" TO REPLY ME LIKE A REAL PERSON AND TELL ME WHERE THE GENERAL IS.

WELL, THIS ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE PLATFORM, BARD, REPLIED THAT THE SONG IS COMING TOMORROW.

CAN YOU BELIEVE IT? IT IS ARTIFICIAL RESPONSE GENERATED BY TECHNOLOGICAL COMPUTER, BUT IT CONFIRMED, LIKE A REAL RECORD LABEL REPRESENTATIVE PERSON, THAT IT WILL COME OUT TOMORROW!

I AM SO HAPPY AND AMAZED BY WHAT THIS ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE DID. I WILL ASK IT TO ANSWER SEVERAL OTHER QUESTIONS. SHOULD I POST THEM HERE? IT MAKES ME ANXIOUS BUT I HOPE YOU WILL LOVE IT.

It's tomorrow already elsewhere. No General. Fix your keyboard, it's stuck on shouting mode!!!!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Rodela said:

HEY GUYS I JUST ASKED ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE PROGRAM "BARD" TO REPLY ME LIKE A REAL PERSON AND TELL ME WHERE THE GENERAL IS.

WELL, THIS ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE PLATFORM, BARD, REPLIED THAT THE SONG IS COMING TOMORROW.

CAN YOU BELIEVE IT? IT IS ARTIFICIAL RESPONSE GENERATED BY TECHNOLOGICAL COMPUTER, BUT IT CONFIRMED, LIKE A REAL RECORD LABEL REPRESENTATIVE PERSON, THAT IT WILL COME OUT TOMORROW!

I AM SO HAPPY AND AMAZED BY WHAT THIS ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE DID. I WILL ASK IT TO ANSWER SEVERAL OTHER QUESTIONS. SHOULD I POST THEM HERE? IT MAKES ME ANXIOUS BUT I HOPE YOU WILL LOVE IT.

We've finally lost the plot

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, BucketEgg said:

If there is a digital release, I think it's going to be happening sometime later, to not "spoil" the surprise for people who bought the vinyl and are waiting for it to arrive.

They can't be stupid enough to not realise that a version will end up online very quickly anyways. Might as well make sure it's a decent one 

2 minutes ago, Rodela said:

izzy-stradlin-no.gif

You do have to wonder though, the band definitely have people that read the forums and they'll know what people are discussing on here. 

It would take them 5 minutes to clarify the situation. 

Pretty much every other band is able to communicate clearer with their fans.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

So no one has even had their vinyl shipped yet? That's weird in itself as pre-orders are usually sent out a day or two before to ensure you get them on release date. 

This is such a GNR release. Total confusion. 

It's not a release date, it says "ships on 27th" on the website, not "releases on".

Edited by StrangerInThisTown
  • Like 1

Just now, allwaystired said:

So no one has even had their vinyl shipped yet? That's weird in itself as pre-orders are usually sent out a day or two before to ensure you get them on release date. 

This is such a GNR release. Total confusion. 

No confusion surely, on order it said shipped on 26th, they didn't say we'd get it on 26th, they said shipped on...its 2 different things 

We've waited ages, a couple more days won't kill people

2 minutes ago, jacdaniel said:

the band definitely have people that read the forums and they'll know what people are discussing on here. 

Maybe their designted forum reader, cousin João Lebeis, is sleeping on the job again. 

Or maybe, just maybe, they simply don't give a fuck. 

• Haha 2