Posters who are MIA? 🤔😫😩

Karice

46 minutes ago, Rindmelon said:

Well this is straying off mygnr a bit (although he was here for a short while i think) but Losthighway from GNR truth. Hope you ain't in Palestine mate. Last time i spoke to him he lived in London so he's probably ok however. In fact last time i spoke to him he was a UK tour manager for an all girl Japanese metal band so i'm sure he is fine. 

I remember the name from back then, he came across as a normal bloke, not the 'Jim' follower type.

10 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

I remember the name from back then, he came across as a normal bloke, not the 'Jim' follower type.

lol Jim actually commented on my general multi cam vid yesterday so i will restrain myself as he was nice, which is hard for him. No Losthighway was sound though, probably a few from that forum (when it was good ) remember him

• Like 1

Decided to pop my head in after a good few years away. Lurked a good while before joining in 04 even. Used to check this forum daily back then, fond memories of staying up to read show updates, particularly the Hammerstein 06 shows, the leaks had just come out, Axl had appeared on Trunk with Baz and Jericho, and we still didnt know who replaced Buckethead until the show started!

I definitely romanticised the whole CD era/material, and material, knowing there was multiple albums worth ready to be released, news wise we clung to absolute scraps for a good while, so you had to imagine what was in the vault was surely worth it.

To think now in Nov 2023...we've finally heard the fabled The General

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Cosmic Ted said:

I disappeared for 3 years or so. -_-

I also left another Website for three years and then came back. 🤭 I remember on another Website, they were making fun of me for posts I made on that Website. I replied something like,"I haven't even posted on that Website for three years." 

3 hours ago, spunko12345 said:

😁 I remember sitting at my pc seconds away from booking a flight to Florida for a tennis match after getting into a disagreement. I didn't even know what escrow was at the time. I had the confirm purchase button ready to press until luckily something snapped me back to reality.

Oh the memories! Classic 2010-2014 era MyGNR.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I’m sorry I called for you to be destroyed 10 years ago, @NewGNROldGNR :lol:

There are so many long- forgotten posters I miss for the absurdity. Does anyone remember a guy named 3stranged or something that posted in long, schizophrenic posts? Those were always fun. 

This place was wild, man

@NewGNROldGNR, @RussTCB seems really well! He’s just moved on from GNR. Haven’t seen @Black Sabbathon here in a while

• Like 2

17 hours ago, spunko12345 said:

There were a few other classics threads but can't remember who did them.

Someone tried to stay awake for as long as possible and posted regular updates which got increasingly psychedelic.

The one where a guy tried to ear his shoe. Randy?

My favourite to interact with though I think is Diesel Daisy. He was a grumpy fucked but hilarious with it. I've got no idea why but I pictured him as bald so Is rebuttal to something I jokingly said something like "at least Ive still got my hair on my head baldy"....Well I had no idea he would bite so hard, his composure went and he would defend how luxurious and  thick his hair was. I've never seen the man so I had no idea what his head looked like but It worked every time.. I just had to mention his thinning hairline and off he would go again 🤣

I went for a beer with him last year. Can confirm the barnet is intact. 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/16/2023 at 3:38 PM, ZoSoRose said:

I’m sorry I called for you to be destroyed 10 years ago, @NewGNROldGNR :lol:

There are so many long- forgotten posters I miss for the absurdity. Does anyone remember a guy named 3stranged or something that posted in long, schizophrenic posts? Those were always fun. 

This place was wild, man

@NewGNROldGNR, @RussTCB seems really well! He’s just moved on from GNR. Haven’t seen @Black Sabbathon here in a while

All water under the bridge. I'm certainly not innocent in those days.

Good to hear Russ is well, sad to hear he's not here anymore.

How have you been ZoSo? I can't believe it's been nearly a decade since I posted here. What a wild ride, and still without an album :lol:

On 11/17/2023 at 8:44 AM, spunko12345 said:

There were a few other classics threads but can't remember who did them.

Someone tried to stay awake for as long as possible and posted regular updates which got increasingly psychedelic.

The one where a guy tried to ear his shoe. Randy?

My favourite to interact with though I think is Diesel Daisy. He was a grumpy fucked but hilarious with it. I've got no idea why but I pictured him as bald so Is rebuttal to something I jokingly said something like "at least Ive still got my hair on my head baldy"....Well I had no idea he would bite so hard, his composure went and he would defend how luxurious and  thick his hair was. I've never seen the man so I had no idea what his head looked like but It worked every time.. I just had to mention his thinning hairline and off he would go again 🤣

The shoe eater was Chris Axl, not Randy. I remember that :rofl-lol:

• Haha 1

On 11/16/2023 at 11:05 PM, Karice said:

I'm confused on how an argument on MYGNR nearly caused the guy to book a flight to Florida for a Tennis match? 🤔🤨

I'll not do this justice as I was having chemo from 2009-2012 so my memory is pretty messy for that time and the following couple of years, but...

There was a poster on here - was it MSL?

When people argued with him and it escalated greatly, his go to argument was that the other person should put $10,000 in Escrow and play them in a game of tennis. Winner got the funds from the Escrow account.

There was so much additional stupidity that came with it, and like I say I am not doing justice to just how much of a meme event those threads were.

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Chris1989 said:

I'll not do this justice as I was having chemo from 2009-2012 so my memory is pretty messy for that time and the following couple of years, but...

There was a poster on here - was it MSL?

When people argued with him and it escalated greatly, his go to argument was that the other person should put $10,000 in Escrow and play them in a game of tennis. Winner got the funds from the Escrow account.

There was so much additional stupidity that came with it, and like I say I am not doing justice to just how much of a meme event those threads were.

Nailed it Chris 😄 

21 hours ago, spunko12345 said:

Nailed it Chris 😄 

I've recently joined MSL's new forum, and so many of the classic members mentioned here are there, it's a bit like walking down memory lane of MyGNR from 2010-2014.

And, as is to be expected, WFA is there still carrying the flag of the Axl Rose Defence Force. Someone mentioned the upcoming Slash solo tour and it was as if you'd insulted WFA's mother :rofl-lol:

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, NewGNROldGNR said:

I've recently joined MSL's new forum, and so many of the classic members mentioned here are there, it's a bit like walking down memory lane of MyGNR from 2010-2014.

And, as is to be expected, WFA is there still carrying the flag of the Axl Rose Defence Force. Someone mentioned the upcoming Slash solo tour and it was as if you'd insulted WFA's mother :rofl-lol:

Wfa just turned nuts. I remember Wfa used to love Slash way back when

let us know if you ever hear from Len, @Dazey

On 11/20/2023 at 9:45 PM, NewGNROldGNR said:

Where is Lenny, @Dazey? I'm noticing a distinct lack of typed-British English on the forum. Is he still a massive Arsene Wenger supporter? :lol:

yeah, i liked his writing style. Brevity was not his strong suit but his writing was entertaining and witty. We exchanged a few messages between 2008-2010. I hope he is doing alright.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rindmelon said:

Does anyone know if @jman or @jman2000 or @jman41 or @jman80 is still around at all? I am assuming those other names are alts lol. I @ signed him on the off chance he may get some sort of notification. If your out there and you see this it's Shackler In The rye/ Shacklermyrye here, need to talk to you about something.

Shits going down bruh. They've found the bodies. Need to talk.