Posters who are MIA? 🤔😫😩

Karice

10 hours ago, Rindmelon said:

Does anyone know if @jman or @jman2000 or @jman41 or @jman80 is still around at all? I am assuming those other names are alts lol. I @ signed him on the off chance he may get some sort of notification. If your out there and you see this it's Shackler In The rye/ Shacklermyrye here, need to talk to you about something.

If it can help to you, i saw she/he name few days ago in the online list of forum members. Maybe She/him just is lurking in the Forum.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Rindmelon said:

Does anyone know if @jman or @jman2000 or @jman41 or @jman80 is still around at all? I am assuming those other names are alts lol. I @ signed him on the off chance he may get some sort of notification. If your out there and you see this it's Shackler In The rye/ Shacklermyrye here, need to talk to you about something.

Hey buddy, I mainly lurk now don’t post much. How are you? Also those other user names are not me. Have only had 1 account ever, I never pulled a warchild. :rofl-lol:

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, jman2000 said:

Hey buddy, I mainly lurk now don’t post much. How are you? Also those other user names are not me. Have only had 1 account ever, I never pulled a warchild. :rofl-lol:

You can't except PM's but this ain't a secret or anything lol, hope you are well.

I wanted to ask you about a song called Bloodshot eye's, you have a clip of it on your youtube channel. A guy who used to post here mentioned ages ago about there being an early rehearsal of gnr going through the song. You may know who he is.

I remember back from the GNRtruth days that you had what seemed like more of an idea of Hollywood Rose stuff than anyone and wondered if you knew anymore about a gnr version that may exist of the LA GUNS song on your channel?

The version that collectors are supposed to have is meant to be rehearsal not studio sadly, it's something I would be interested in though.

lol warchild, most who speak the name come across like a jaded Namm vet recounting the horror's of battle. 

4 hours ago, highvoltage said:

This thread is a fun read. Crazy how many old faces popped out of the woodwork. 

Not to talk shit, but I miss the old @UK SUBS. As in, the guy he was before we worked on the site together...

Who remembers the old picture thread? All the flirting and sexual tension. Good times. :lol:

I moved from Australia to Colorado about a year ago. Life is good. I felt compelled to start posting again this week for some reason, even though interest in GN'R is at an all-time low point, particularly after the sexual assault allegations. 

Thank you for calling this thread a fun thread. 😀 When I started this thread, it was purely about Wendi's disappearance, it was actually called,"Where's Wendi?" but then I decided to change it to Posters who are missing in action (MIA) in general because there just might be a lot of Posters who went missing like Wendi did. 🤔

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, highvoltage said:

This thread is a fun read. Crazy how many old faces popped out of the woodwork. 

Not to talk shit, but I miss the old @UK SUBS. As in, the guy he was before we worked on the site together...

Who remembers the old picture thread? All the flirting and sexual tension. Good times. :lol:

I moved from Australia to Colorado about a year ago. Life is good. I felt compelled to start posting again this week for some reason, even though interest in GN'R is at an all-time low point, particularly after the sexual assault allegations. 

wow man i remember a long time ago (prob almost 10 years?) i gave you recommendations for your first time going over there - that's awesome you made the move. how you liking it so far? made it to red rocks?

2 hours ago, Karice said:

Thank you for calling this thread a fun thread. 😀 When I started this thread, it was purely about Wendi's disappearance, it was actually called,"Where's Wendi?" but then I decided to change it to Posters who are missing in action (MIA) in general because there just might be a lot of Posters who went missing like Wendi did. 🤔

You brought a lot of people out of the wood work :) It is a fun thread, i'm surprised it wasn't done before.

Maybe a few of the other old timers appearing could re start up CD.com, & Newgnr. Then it would really be like the old days.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mansin Humanity said:

wow man i remember a long time ago (prob almost 10 years?) i gave you recommendations for your first time going over there - that's awesome you made the move. how you liking it so far? made it to red rocks?

Wow your memory is great. It was almost exactly 10 years ago that I came over the first time. 

Yeah I love it here! We picked a good spot just slightly west of Denver. I'm less than 10 mins away from RR so I'm there somewhat frequently. Plenty of gigs but also it's a fun / easy spot to walk our dog.

1 hour ago, ZoSoRose said:

Pretty wild that once he stepped down, @UK SUBS was basically never heard from again

He always had an alt and I wouldn't be surprised if he still drops in from time to time. He had a lot going on but man I do not look back on those times fondly at all.

I miss @Forsaken, I was still in occasional contact with him until a few years ago. We both ended up Gizzheads!

1 hour ago, highvoltage said:

Wow your memory is great. It was almost exactly 10 years ago that I came over the first time. 

Yeah I love it here! We picked a good spot just slightly west of Denver. I'm less than 10 mins away from RR so I'm there somewhat frequently. Plenty of gigs but also it's a fun / easy spot to walk our dog.

He always had an alt and I wouldn't be surprised if he still drops in from time to time. He had a lot going on but man I do not look back on those times fondly at all.

I miss @Forsaken, I was still in occasional contact with him until a few years ago. We both ended up Gizzheads!

I thought I saw @Forsaken recently and then I realized he has not posted since 2018. Crazy, where does time go?

3 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

Pretty wild that once he stepped down, @UK SUBS was basically never heard from again

That's pretty common amongst owners/admins/mods.  Once you've had the job long enough, you don't want anything to do with the place once you're done.  I can't think of a former mod/admin who still posts regularly.  

2 minutes ago, downzy said:

That's pretty common amongst owners/admins/mods.  Once you've had the job long enough, you don't want anything to do with the place once you're done.  I can't think of a former mod/admin who still posts regularly.  

That is true, I don't think Eric ever posted again. Haven't seen @Black Sabbath in a while

Edited by ZoSoRose

1 hour ago, downzy said:

Uhhhhh.... you can't think of a single one? :P

• Haha 3

If I'd really have to list all the people that I've met here over the past 20 years that have gone AWOL, the list would be very long and I'd still forget quite a few. I'm still in touch with a few who've stopped posting years ago though. We should all do a reunion some day. 

Edited by username
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, username said:

If I'd really have to list all the people that I've met here over the past 20 years that have gone AWOL, the list would be very long and I'd still forget quite a few. I'm still in touch with a few who've stopped posting years ago though. We should all do a reunion some day. 

I was surprised to see your thread in D&N yesterday. How you doing dude?

4 hours ago, highvoltage said:

I was surprised to see your thread in D&N yesterday. How you doing dude?

Why surprised mate? :lol: I'm the chewing gum stuck under GnR fandom's shoe. I don't decompose and it's impossible to scrape me off too. 

But I'm doing well! Living in the same city and working the same job, but by now with the Mrs. and our two daughters (ages 6 and 2). Cool to read you've moved to the States! Hope you're doing well too. :) Oh, fun fact! You remember Paula McKagan from back in the early days? She stayed over with us for a week last April. Really cool to still be in touch with some people from back then. ^_^ Later that year she also visited Sekh Met, Binge & Slash and Graeme on another roadtrip. I need to have a drink with Sekhy again too, last time I saw her in person was 2016. Time flies!

Edited by username
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, username said:

Why surprised mate? :lol: I'm the chewing gun stuck under GnR fandom's shoe. I don't decompose and it's impossible to scrape me off too. 

But I'm doing well! Living in the same city and working the same job, but by now with the Mrs. and our two daughters (ages 6 and 2). Cool to read you've moved to the States! Hope you're doing well too. :) Oh, fun fact! You remember Paula McKagan from back in the early days? She stayed over with us for a week last April. Really cool to still be in touch with some people from back then. ^_^ Later that year she also visited Sekh Met, Binge & Slash and Graeme on another roadtrip. I need to have a drink with Sekhy again too, last time I saw her in person was 2016. Time flies!

Wow these are some names!

Glad to see some familiar posters again :)