Posters who are MIA? 🤔😫😩

Karice

14 minutes ago, Axls Rocket Queen said:

Wow these are some names!

Glad to see some familiar posters again :)

Yesterday I was playing a Syd Barrett cd that you sent me through old fashioned non-electronic mail because it wasn't available here. Still thankful for that one! ;-) 

• Like 1

On 12/6/2023 at 12:21 PM, highvoltage said:

Wow your memory is great. It was almost exactly 10 years ago that I came over the first time. 

Yeah I love it here! We picked a good spot just slightly west of Denver. I'm less than 10 mins away from RR so I'm there somewhat frequently. Plenty of gigs but also it's a fun / easy spot to walk our dog.

that's great to hear dude, still a big fan of that area. caught my morning jacket at RR in august for my first time there in years and it was just as amazing as i remembered.

On 12/6/2023 at 12:06 AM, highvoltage said:

This thread is a fun read. Crazy how many old faces popped out of the woodwork. 

Not to talk shit, but I miss the old @UK SUBS. As in, the guy he was before we worked on the site together...

Who remembers the old picture thread? All the flirting and sexual tension. Good times. :lol:

I moved from Australia to Colorado about a year ago. Life is good. I felt compelled to start posting again this week for some reason, even though interest in GN'R is at an all-time low point, particularly after the sexual assault allegations. 

It truly warmed my heart to have seen "HighVoltage" in my notifications again. How are you? This thread has been a good walk down memory lane :)

• Like 1

On 12/6/2023 at 10:57 AM, ZoSoRose said:

That is true, I don't think Eric ever posted again. Haven't seen @Black Sabbath in a while

Black Sabbath was always a good guy, I hope he returns some day.

15 hours ago, Eric Cantona said:

Always had a soft spot for Snakes. Heard he’s a married man now

Snake-Pit is married?! Good for him. I always enjoyed when he'd go on the lash and start posting random threads in AG :rofl-lol:

14 hours ago, username said:

If I'd really have to list all the people that I've met here over the past 20 years that have gone AWOL, the list would be very long and I'd still forget quite a few. I'm still in touch with a few who've stopped posting years ago though. We should all do a reunion some day. 

This thread has been a fantastic reunion! Have you heard from SLAA recently?

Edited by NewGNROldGNR
  • Like 2

On 12/6/2023 at 3:06 AM, highvoltage said:

This thread is a fun read. Crazy how many old faces popped out of the woodwork. 

Not to talk shit, but I miss the old @UK SUBS. As in, the guy he was before we worked on the site together...

Who remembers the old picture thread? All the flirting and sexual tension. Good times. :lol:

I moved from Australia to Colorado about a year ago. Life is good. I felt compelled to start posting again this week for some reason, even though interest in GN'R is at an all-time low point, particularly after the sexual assault allegations. 

Speaking of pictures on a Forum, a now defunct Website catered to Teenagers, MyJellybean.com, used to have a section called something like,"Rate how hot I am!" Teenagers were posting their pictures and asking other Teenagers to rate how hot they were..... Yeah, that couldn't ever potentially be a HORRIBLE idea. The "Rate how hot I am!" Section was deleted as if it never existed. Posters asked what happened to the "Rate how hot I am!" Section was gone, and an Admin responded something like,"I deleted that section because there could be creepy older perverts leering at pictures of Teenagers, and now with the deletion of that Section, they can't do that."

36 minutes ago, Karice said:

Speaking of pictures on a Forum, a now defunct Website catered to Teenagers, MyJellybean.com, used to have a section called something like,"Rate how hot I am!" Teenagers were posting their pictures and asking other Teenagers to rate how hot they were..... Yeah, that couldn't ever potentially be a HORRIBLE idea. The "Rate how hot I am!" Section was deleted as if it never existed. Posters asked what happened to the "Rate how hot I am!" Section was gone, and an Admin responded something like,"I deleted that section because there could be creepy older perverts leering at pictures of Teenagers, and now with the deletion of that Section, they can't do that."

Around 2004-2008 there was an extremly busy picture thread here too. Which was fun. But honestly it was also a different (maybe more innocent?) time on the internet. I've seen multiple events where shit got out of hand and/or nudity was also getting posted. Which wasn't good at all. Especially since there's no age verification in any way. Aside from that there was of course some innocent attention whoring too. The old picture thread, I believe, is removed completely and no longer a searchable part of this forum. But for the most part it was great and it was fun how everybody knew just a little bit more about eachother. 

There is a new picture thread, but it's not the same as it was back then. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, username said:

Around 2004-2008 there was an extremly busy picture thread here too. Which was fun. But honestly it was also a different (maybe more innocent?) time on the internet. I've seen multiple events where shit got out of hand and/or nudity was also getting posted. Which wasn't good at all. Especially since there's no age verification in any way. Aside from that there was of course some innocent attention whoring too. The old picture thread, I believe, is removed completely and no longer a searchable part of this forum. But for the most part it was great and it was fun how everybody knew just a little bit more about eachother. 

There is a new picture thread, but it's not the same as it was back then. 

The old picture thread was WILD :lol:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GivenToFly said:

I get a bit depressed when I think of how much of my youth I wasted reading this forum and cringe when I think about some of the shit I would post back then.

rock4 But I already left you and you're better off left behind

Man don´t get me started on that stuff Im a right ol´ geezer, I started my online gnr adventure on an obscure scandinavian website called we aint dead yet! 

Aaaand now i'm looking at the time and date in my lower right corner of the screen and it says we're about ready to cross over into 2024. It has made me realise that im getting close to 30 years of being active in an online community, do I really still care about the band, well the answer is nowhere near as much as decades ago, However the online community it has spawned is priceless. Guess it's all about the friends you make along the way!

On 12/11/2023 at 12:00 AM, grouse said:

Man don´t get me started on that stuff Im a right ol´ geezer, I started my online gnr adventure on an obscure scandinavian website called we aint dead yet! 

Aaaand now i'm looking at the time and date in my lower right corner of the screen and it says we're about ready to cross over into 2024. It has made me realise that im getting close to 30 years of being active in an online community, do I really still care about the band, well the answer is nowhere near as much as decades ago, However the online community it has spawned is priceless. Guess it's all about the friends you make along the way!

oh my god i think i remember that place, it had some sort of cartoon of the band members as it's logo i think

12 hours ago, Rindmelon said:

oh my god i think i remember that place, it had some sort of cartoon of the band members as it's logo i think

You have just won yourself a dishwasher my man, that place did have a cartoon of the band members like that. I´m guessing you are in your thirties as well?