Atlas Shrugged (November Release?)

48 minutes ago, rumandraisin said:

I've often thought this. Blurting out "put Soul Monster out" to Axl. I can imagine him chuckling and making a vague comment like "one day", but I don't think he'd be annoyed. 

SOON. Nah, not these days, he seems very jovial with fans....it's actually kinda heartwarming that he's become more like this in recent years and weirdly Duff and Slash less so...

• Like 3

On 9/20/2023 at 9:28 AM, colonizedmind said:

SOON. Nah, not these days, he seems very jovial with fans....it's actually kinda heartwarming that he's become more like this in recent years and weirdly Duff and Slash less so...

When I met Axl, it was after a show and he was tired. It'd have been dumb to grill the guy on the status of new music. Instead, I just thanked him or whatever and said welcome to wherever we were. I'd imagine a lot of fans would do the same

3 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

Atlas dropping next week?

What? :lol:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

When I met Axl, it was after a show and he was tired. It'd have been dumb to grill the guy on the status of new music. Instead, I just thanked him or whatever and said welcome to wherever we were. I'd imagine a lot of fans would do the same

What? :lol:

There have been many vids of him meeting people in day time pre shows though when NOT tired....they could ask then....I'm just surprised nobody has, that's all....

On 9/21/2023 at 10:47 PM, colonizedmind said:

There have been many vids of him meeting people in day time pre shows though when NOT tired....they could ask then....I'm just surprised nobody has, that's all....

There was that girl, can't remember where, who met him and asked about Hardskool. He allegedly played the song on his phone and said it was going to be released soon. I think it was in 2021 not long before HS was actually released.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Twinaleblood said:

There was that girl, can't remember where, who met him and asked about Hardskool. He allegedly played the song on his phone and said it was going to be released soon. I think it was in 2021 not long before HS was actually released.

Whoa! So we should fucking ask....who knows what Axl may whip out on his phone to play....

So I heard you played this track for some random dude on the street 15 years ago....it's called *screws face* Cuban Skies?

Axl - 🚬☁️☀️ 🤔

Edited by colonizedmind
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Atlas has the potential to be a killer track, with just a few tweaks/improvements. I love the first minute, then it gets a little boring. (The Village versions) But as it was, it's still an OK song. If Slash comes up with a killer solo, and if they get the mix right, with perhaps a better rhythm section, it could work. 

• Like 1

Just now, GNRRHCP98 said:

Anything with that artwork should be disregarded and considered fake. It’s an AI generated painting. I wish this was all real but it’s just rumors and people playing pranks on us.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Anything with that artwork should be disregarded and considered fake. It’s an AI generated painting. I wish this was all real but it’s just rumors and people playing pranks on us.

It’s a shame. This wasn’t there yesterday, so someone decided to do some trolling in the interim. Put “SOG” as the B-side and everything. 

Although, Discogs is generally very good at detecting things like this, so I’m a bit perplexed by it all.

5 minutes ago, GNRRHCP98 said:

It’s a shame. This wasn’t there yesterday, so someone decided to do some trolling in the interim. Put “SOG” as the B-side and everything. 

Although, Discogs is generally very good at detecting things like this, so I’m a bit perplexed by it all.

Yeah, I wish it was real more than the next guy. But I just can't look at that artwork and take it seriously. If you zoom in to the limbs, it's made by AI. 

At a minimum, we got two "new" songs this year so the lack of an Atlas EP isn't some major loss. Just annoying people are deciding to fuck with us.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Yeah, I wish it was real more than the next guy. But I just can't look at that artwork and take it seriously. If you zoom in to the limbs, it's made by AI. 

At a minimum, we got two "new" songs this year so the lack of an Atlas EP isn't some major loss. Just annoying people are deciding to fuck with us.

I posted on the listing, curious to see this person’s alleged “proof.”

I stumbled upon it quite literally, as I was only intending to see if they had an entry for the Greatest Hits reissue (w/ “Hard Skool”) and thought maybe I missed an announcement today or something. :lol:

They are starting to unveil Record Store Day titles, so if Guns REALLY did wanna keep up the momentum, even a single like “Atlas” in the indie record stores would be awesome. They already surprised us with the effort put into “Perhaps,” it should be a no-brainer for them to maintain the expectation. 

Edited by GNRRHCP98
  • PERHAPS 2

On 9/21/2023 at 10:47 PM, colonizedmind said:

Maybe some have asked. Maybe they don't have a cellphone anymore...

:P

7 hours ago, GNRRHCP98 said:

That looks like one of the tour lithos, not sure if there's anything here. Probably a fan made troll. 

I don't expect any more than Perhaps/General this year, but it would be great if the remainder of the material was released by the end of this year or at worst paced out during the upcoming downtime (I'm guessing is a year off) while they seriously consider their options in regards to new music, and how they might approach it.

1 hour ago, Tom2112 said:

That looks like one of the tour lithos, not sure if there's anything here. Probably a fan made troll. 

I don't expect any more than Perhaps/General this year, but it would be great if the remainder of the material was released by the end of this year or at worst paced out during the upcoming downtime (I'm guessing is a year off) while they seriously consider their options in regards to new music, and how they might approach it.

Listing seems to be down after I commented on it requesting proof… bummer, I had a sliver of hope it was credible. :facepalm:

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, GNRRHCP98 said:

Listing seems to be down after I commented on it requesting proof… bummer, I had a sliver of hope it was credible. :facepalm:

Its still there if you click the link and refresh, but i do not manage to search for it from the startpage

46 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

State Of Grace doesn't seem like the best B side to Atlas.

Why?

There’s a barcode number on that page for the vinyl also, of course it’s probably all made up but I feel that adds a bit of mystery to this. Also there is another number on the ‘Geffen’ label, maybe someone savvy can find any info on barcode numbers etc? It also says numbered which lines up with RSD. I’m not getting my hopes up but it’s a fun mystery nonetheless