Atlas Shrugged (November Release?)

3 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Is that “has it leaked” twitter account legit?

From what I've seen it seems that it is run by someone who claims they have connections to record labels.

Have no idea if what they say is true though. 

Edited by Jw224
  • Thanks 1

I think this is just a case of fake leaks run amok. It was that 4chan/reddit 'leak' that first suggested that Perhaps was pulled, that The General had a failed movie negotiation and that Atlas has a November release. 

1) Perhaps wasn't pulled or up in the air.

2) There is no evidence that The General had a failed movie negotiation.

3) There is no evidence for an imminent release of Atlas Shrugged - unlike the info we had for Perhaps and The General leading up to the recent news. Likewise, if Atlas were to be released in November, it would make no sense not to include it on any LP alongside Perhaps/The General, unless they had more plans for new music this year. If that were the case, then it wouldn't make sense to schedule its release so soon after October's release.

Here's the alleged leak: https://boards.4channel.org/mu/thread/117759348/guns-n-roses-plans

• Like 1

Just now, Live Like a Suicide said:

I think this is just a case of fake leaks run amok. It was that 4chan/reddit 'leak' that first suggested that Perhaps was pulled, that The General had a failed movie negotiation and that Atlas has a November release. 

3) There is no evidence for an imminent release of Atlas Shrugged - unlike the info we had for Perhaps and The General leading up to the recent news. Likewise, if Atlas were to be released in November, it would make no sense not to include it on any LP alongside Perhaps/The General, unless they had more plans for new music this year. If that were the case, then it wouldn't make sense to schedule its release so soon after October's release.

Here's the alleged leak: https://boards.4channel.org/mu/thread/117759348/guns-n-roses-plans

That's assuming their source is 4chan lol.

• Like 1

To be honest this is a bunch of bullshit. I think the “insiders” are bored because GNR actually released something. It wouldn’t make any sense to release another single that quickly after a physical release, and especially not with how this band works. If anything, this is based on the AI generated art we saw on Reddit. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Axls_Moustache_Rules said:

That's assuming their source is 4chan lol.

My point is that the 4chan/reddit 'leak' gained a lot of traction. Many people have continued to mention Atlas for November as a result, despite there being no evidence. It may not be a coincidence that this Twitter account just so happens to mention the same release month as the original 4chan leak.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

I wonder if we will get a new album in November. 

Something tells me they won’t package a full album up anytime soon but I really hope I’m wrong.

I fucking love Atlas, it’d probably be in my top 5 GNR tunes. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

Perhaps was delayed for unknown reasons though. That isn't quite the same as "up in the air", but until we know the reason they suddenly decided to delay it, it could fit into the framework of the original rumor.

Agree about your other points though. There haven't been any hints or teases about a movie soundtrack or Atlas Shrugged yet.

Edited by meadsoap
  • Like 1

I think a release of Atlas Shrugged in November, or this year at all, is highly unlikely. GN'R has already overperformed this year, let's dial our expectation level back down to minimum so we don't get disappointed again. It might come out at some later date, but almost certainly not this year. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, meadsoap said:

Perhaps was delayed for unknown reasons though. That isn't quite the same as "up in the air", but until we know the reason they suddenly decided to delay it, it could fit into the framework of the original rumor.

Agree about your other points though.

I see your point, but the 4chan post was made when we already knew that Perhaps had been delayed, so it wasn't hard to say it had been delayed or 'up in the air'. It was a fact at that point. What wasn't a fact was the allegation that there was "bad blood with the label and now Perhaps is up in the air."

Edited by Live Like a Suicide

If this is true and Atlas is released in November I think they clearly released everything from the lockdown sessions and they are moving into new material as Slash claimed and the tour manager said, which will lead to no Oklahoma, Soul Monster or State of Grace which I have loved

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

The Twitter (yes, it's called Twitter. I don't care what that fucking dickless morn wants it to be called) profile does not focus on GNR or anything like that. I find hard to believe that it would claim that only based on the 4chan post. There are some other tweets where they actually check with their own sources about stuff that's being rumored about (see the Green Day post they made).

Of course, follow their own advice: "Don’t treat our tweets as fact."

It started on 4chan, but soon spread to Reddit, across the forums and social media... They could have heard about it through their own sources, but it is just as likely that this Twitter account or its source saw the rumour floating around and decided to mention it (potentially without knowing its origins on 4chan/reddit).

10 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

I think a release of Atlas Shrugged in November, or this year at all, is highly unlikely. GN'R has already overperformed this year, let's dial our expectation level back down to minimum so we don't get disappointed again. It might come out at some later date, but almost certainly not this year. 

Thank you.

• Thanks 1

I think it’s more likely if they do another 2 songs it would be in 2025, with some sort of nostalgia release slated for 2024. They seem to like releasing something every year. Maybe a live album next year or something. But we really have no reason to believe that they’d do 2 EPs (if you can call them that) within the span of 2 months. It’s not even illogical for GNR standards, it’s illogical overall.

• Like 2