Atlas Shrugged (November Release?)

One thing at a time...were so used to false hope & bullshit from non reliable sources

If it happens then good, if not ..no loss

1 hour ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Fernando is gonna log on the forum today saying to himself “for fucks sake…”

Hopefully he'll fuck off then and let some competent management take over

If they’re somehow correct, then awesome. Looks like the success of Perhaps has shown there’s a decent demand for new GNR music and it will be nice to see them continue the momentum.

That said, if it’s nonsense there’s still a lot to be excited about with The General coming soon.

• Like 2

Theory: The timing for releasing more reworked songs will depend on whether the plan - or at least Slash's wish - to start working on new music after the tour, according to what Slash and Tom Mayhue said, materializes (read: on whether Axl is willing or feels ready for it).

So, if by some miracle the band starts working on brand new music, the rest of the rehashed CD era songs might be released "soon". If not, they will be held for 2024 or, more likely, 2025.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Theory: The timing for releasing more reworked songs will depend on whether the plan - or at least Slash's wish - to start working on new music after the tour, according to what Slash and Tom Mayhue said, materializes (read: on whether Axl is willing or feels ready for it).

So, if by some miracle the band starts working on brand new music, the rest of the rehashed CD era songs might be released "soon". If not, they will be held for 2024 or, more likely, 2025.

If theory is true, Atlas might be followed by a whole album collecting the already released singles plus whatever is left. Long shot, I know 😅

• PERHAPS 1

2 hours ago, THELINESMAN said:

There is SOME (thin gruel but still SOME) evidence that Atlas might be on the way. At the start of the tour, Fortus posted a photo of his pedals on social media. One was a sitar type thing. A fan commented 'For Pretty Tied Up?' and he replied 'Yes, and for something you don't know about'. Could be intro for Atlas. Can't find the post to screenshot sorry. 

I posted the screenshot here, but I can't find it either. But keep in mind that we don't know much about The General. The sitar pedal could be used for that. In fact, that was my speculation back then, because that song was already on their setlist and was rehearsed in some capacity.

Besides that, Atlas intro is played in a Mellotron keyboard. At least on the demo.

2 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Well, I just posted in the Perhaps thread that I thought it was a bit strange that the only announced physical release so far is the 7'', while for Hard Skool/Absurd there was a simultaneous announcement about the 7'', the CD with the two live songs and the cassette (they were all announced and became available for pre-order on the same day).

Still I think it's unlikely that the lack of a CD/EP is related to a potential release of 1-2 more songs, although of course I'd like to hope it would be.

Sorry, didn't see that yet, I'm struggling to keep up with the forum these days haha. It's so unusual to have this much activity in several threads at the same time...

It's indeed interesting. Adds fuel to the.. smoke. I won't say the rumor is that much consistent anyways. I don't even like Atlas that much.

2 hours ago, Dani_1455 said:

I think the results are clearly above their expectations just because we have that leaked photo from the business that manages the social media of GNR which says 2milion streams between Spotify, Apple Music and YouTube if I remember correctly.

Good point. They were also considering an extended time frame, if I recall it correctly. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Rovim said:

I wonder how many tracks Slash and Duff reworked exactly. Do we actually know that it was 6 tracks and that's it? or that was just the number Slash thought would actually see the light of day.

Probably that's it. I can't imagine they would add their parts to songs that don't even have lyrics...

17 minutes ago, Coma16 said:

Probably that's it. I can't imagine they would add their parts to songs that don't even have lyrics...

there are more than 6 tracks with full vocals and lyrics if you believe what Axl said about the second half of Chinese in 2014.

Edited by Rovim

11 minutes ago, Rovim said:

there are more than 5 tracks with full vocals and lyrics if you believe what Axl said about the second half of Chinese in 2014.

Absurd, HardSkool, Perhaps, The General, Atlas, Going Down (doubt this will be in contention), OMG, and a bunch of Chinese remixes.

11 minutes ago, Coma16 said:

Absurd, HardSkool, Perhaps, The General, Atlas, Going Down (doubt this will be in contention), OMG, and a bunch of Chinese remixes.

where are you getting this from, if you don't mind me asking? have you read the interview Axl gave Revolver in 2014? I believe that what Axl meant by saying the second half of Chinese was completed for a while almost a decade ago means with full vocals and lyrics and the number of tracks are comparable to Chinese Democracy.

Edited by Rovim

8 minutes ago, Coma16 said:

OMG was officially released 23 years ago!

why people make up so much crap to make a thread or try and make the clinically dumb believe it's true...is unreal 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Coma16 said:

From what it sounds like, Axl said the second half of Chinese was pretty much complete and a remix album in addition to that.  Take into account Soul Monster and some other tracks he mentioned in the 2008 forum chats I personally am of the belief there is a bit more there than just those up above

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Coma16 said:

You forgot KOHD (Pele's theories have had a serious impact on the forum, haven't they?) :lol:

Going Down should not be considered an unreleased GN'R song anymore (it appears that Tommy has gotten the rights back), hence it should not be included in people's theories about potential tracklists.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

From what it sounds like, Axl said the second half of Chinese was pretty much complete and a remix album in addition to that.  Take into account Soul Monster and some other tracks he mentioned in the 2008 forum chats I personally am of the belief there is a bit more there than just those up above

Yeah. Going from what Axl said I reckon SevenSoul Monster and Oklahoma could have vocals. There's also some sitar sounding stuff at the beginning of Oklahoma so that may be the mysterious sitar song Richard talked about. Add in State of Grace and Eye on You that'd bring it to ten so enough to release a compilation album. They've lifted stuff from Eye on You and it would be there as filler but there would be enough to bring it over the line. They could also re-release OMG as part of the album. 

• Like 3
  • GNFNR 1

5 hours ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

To be honest this is a bunch of bullshit. I think the “insiders” are bored because GNR actually released something. It wouldn’t make any sense to release another single that quickly after a physical release, and especially not with how this band works. If anything, this is based on the AI generated art we saw on Reddit. 

giphy.webp

10 minutes ago, Arnuld said:

It is odd that there was not an immediate link to buy the perhaps and general single on CD. This is the major indicator that there may be more coming 

I did think about it, but my theory would be because the plan is to get an actual album released. I know this is so far fetched right now that I kept my mouth shut lol

• Like 1