Atlas Shrugged (November Release?)

12 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

If another song was going to be released this year, it's safe to say that there would be another physical release, like an 7', and so another "b-side". That would be four songs, which is highly unrealistic and too much to expect from GN'R.

Double EP? seems soooo last year. But the UYI release needed to get out first.

33 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

It started on 4chan, but soon spread to Reddit, across the forums and social media... They could have heard about it through their own sources, but it is just as likely that this Twitter account or its source saw the rumour floating around and decided to mention it (potentially without knowing its origins on 4chan/reddit).

Think it would be hardly a real source if they are mention hearsay from the Internet. Like @Jw224 said, it seems that they have connections to labels.

27 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

If another song was going to be released this year, it's safe to say that there would be another physical release, like an 7', and so another "b-side". That would be four songs, which is highly unrealistic and too much to expect from GN'R.

We still don't know if it would have a physical release in this sense. It could have a later EP treatment with the 3 singles (maybe even with Absurd and HS) + a live recording. Also, this could be indication that Perhap's reception was above expectations and they are adapting the strategy. 

I'm not saying I believe 100% on this. It's just that to me it sounds more credible coming from a non-GNR related account. 

• Like 1

There is SOME (thin gruel but still SOME) evidence that Atlas might be on the way. At the start of the tour, Fortus posted a photo of his pedals on social media. One was a sitar type thing. A fan commented 'For Pretty Tied Up?' and he replied 'Yes, and for something you don't know about'. Could be intro for Atlas. Can't find the post to screenshot sorry. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

Think it would be hardly a real source if they are mention hearsay from the Internet. Like @Jw224 said, it seems that they have connections to labels.

We still don't know if it would have a physical release in this sense. It could have a later EP treatment with the 3 singles (maybe even with Absurd and HS) + a live recording. Also, this could be indication that Perhap's reception was above expectations and they are adapting the strategy. 

I'm not saying I believe 100% on this. It's just that to me it sounds more credible coming from a non-GNR related account. 

Well, I just posted in the Perhaps thread that I thought it was a bit strange that the only announced physical release so far is the 7'', while for Hard Skool/Absurd there was a simultaneous announcement about the 7'', the CD with the two live songs and the cassette (they were all announced and became available for pre-order on the same day).

Still I think it's unlikely that the lack of a CD/EP is related to a potential release of 1-2 more songs, although of course I'd like to hope it would be.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

I think the results are clearly above their expectations just because we have that leaked photo from the business that manages the social media of GNR which says 2milion streams between Spotify, Apple Music and YouTube if I remember correctly.

Also we know that there is an studio version of Slither, I think this was found because of a promotional  video of the NA Tour, I think @Blackstar can explain It better

• Like 1

Just now, NachoLZ said:

That clip sounds kinda mudded but it doesnt have Axl's live "heys" so maybe ?

I think it has Axl's "heys" (I can't listen to it right now) but they're low in the mix. That's how it is in the live mix on this tour, too - the backing vocals are higher in the mix both in the "heys" and the chorus, so Axl's falsetto blends well and doesn't stand out (I also think that he doesn't "mickey" the heys anymore).

• PERHAPS 1

17 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

This recent promo included a clip from Slither and it was a bit odd because all the other clips are from the studio recordings. But it's live apparently.

Sounds so clear and given the fact everything else is studio version, there is a slightly posibility for an studio version

1 minute ago, Dani_1455 said:

Sounds so clear and given the fact everything else is studio version, there is a slightly posibility for an studio version

the Slither snippet definitely sounds like a live performance and not a studio version to my ears

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

I think it has Axl's "heys" (I can't listen to it right now) but they're low in the mix. That's how it is in the live mix on this tour, too - the backing vocals are higher in the mix both in the "heys" and the chorus, so Axl's falsetto blends well and doesn't stand out (I also think that he doesn't "mickey" the heys anymore).

I guess they wanted to promote Gn'R but also wanted to include Slither cause it fits along with the other snippets of other tunes and they weren't going to use the studio version cause it's not Gn'R. Because the mix is weird some people thought it was a studio version. (if I'm not wrong) 

I can see the logic of releasing another single as the reaction to Perhaps has been much bigger than anticipated so it would make sense to strike when the iron's hot as it were. Catcher's similar to Perhaps and whilst it's a shame it seems The General isn't being released with more fanfare I imagine it wouldn't go down too well with a mainstream crowd. 

That being said, as always with GN'R rumours, I'll believe it when I see it. Seems to just be inferences based on the reaction to Perhaps and disproven rumours.