Atlas Shrugged (November Release?)

1 hour ago, Rovim said:

I wonder how many tracks Slash and Duff reworked exactly. Do we actually know that it was 6 tracks and that's it? or that was just the number Slash thought would actually see the light of day.

IIrc he first said they've got a lot reworked and then later after HS and Absurd were released he talked about another 2-4 songs. But it seemed like he was unsecure about it like it could have been more.

10 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

I did think about it, but my theory would be because the plan is to get an actual album released. I know this is so far fetched right now that I kept my mouth shut lol

I don’t think it’s that far fetched. Maybe not a full studio LP but an EP with 4 tracks and 4 live tracks wouldn’t be out of the realm of possibility. If the plan is to actually begin the process of a new album next year now would be the time to get everything out there. 

• PERHAPS 3

Out of all the completed Village demos that didn't make CD, this is the one that would benefit the most from the instrumental being reworked 

The first minute or so is very promising, sounds like it's building to a massive chorus but doesn't really go anywhere after that. It has a Southern rock feel that Slash can really enhance, it's in his wheelhouse 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Mikey Whipwreck said:

Out of all the completed Village demos that didn't make CD, this is the one that would benefit the most from the instrumental being reworked 

The first minute or so is very promising, sounds like it's building to a massive chorus but doesn't really go anywhere after that. It has a Southern rock feel that Slash can really enhance, it's in his wheelhouse 

I somewhat agree here. I love the song up until the key change at around 1min. Kinda kills the vibe, for me. The "I'll be the last..." chorus is pretty cool but that section right before kinda messes it up for me. I'd love it if they somehow changed this particular part.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mikey Whipwreck said:

Just like CITR.

5 hours ago, Blackstar said:

If another song was going to be released this year, it's safe to say that there would be another physical release, like an 7', and so another "b-side". That would be four songs, which is highly unrealistic and too much to expect from GN'R.

What would stop them from doing another Hard Skool EP thing, where you have Perhaps The General and Atlas + live cuts? It doesn't have to be another song

6 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

What would stop them from doing another Hard Skool EP thing, where you have Perhaps The General and Atlas + live cuts? It doesn't have to be another song

I guess that's true. But I would think that there would be a vinyl release of the other new track for the people who buy vinyl only.

Edited by Blackstar

Pretty sure hasitleaked has posted about new GNR songs before (I wanna say at least a year or two before HS and Absurd were released). There's zero reason to expect Atlas in November.

If it happens, great. But we've probably already heard the best version of the song. My only hope is that whenever they do release it, they include another unheard song as the b-side (Seven, Cuban Skies, etc.)

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Pretty sure hasitleaked has posted about new GNR songs before (I wanna say at least a year or two before HS and Absurd were released). There's zero reason to expect Atlas in November.

If it happens, great. But we've probably already heard the best version of the song. My only hope is that whenever they do release it, they include another unheard song as the b-side (Seven, Cuban Skies, etc.)

You consider the piece of shit we heard the best version? For real here? A rework of it can ONLY make it better lol, it really can not be made any worse it's already bottom of the barrel out of the vocals village leaks. Not sure they can save a song this bad but it's better to hear them try than not get anything at all.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown

37 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

I'm gonna be one of THOSE types of members and say:

- Hard Skool/Absurd

- Perhaps/The General

- Atlas/Soul Monster

• ABSUЯD 1
  • PERHAPS 3

2 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

You consider the piece of shit we heard the best version? For real here? A rework of it can ONLY make it better lol, it really can not be made any worse it's already bottom of the barrel out of the vocals village leaks. Not sure they can save a song this bad but it's better to hear them try than not get anything at all.

Yes. I don't have much faith that decades of tinkering, and replacing Brian May with Slash, have improved the song.

• GNFNR 1

1 hour ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Atlas Shrugged + Slither (Live) B-side lol. I wouldn't put it past them to do this:lol:

Slash & Duff should push for that, re record Slither & get paid royalties for it as well as any money the release makes 

5 hours ago, Rovim said:

where are you getting this from, if you don't mind me asking? have you read the interview Axl gave Revolver in 2014? I believe that what Axl meant by saying the second half of Chinese was completed for a while almost a decade ago means with full vocals and lyrics and the number of tracks are comparable to Chinese Democracy.

I'd love to believe that there are usable vocals for songs like SoulMonster, Oklahoma/Berlin, Quick Song, Zodiac, Real Doll, Inside Out, but I'm not that optimistic....

3 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Yes. I don't have much faith that decades of tinkering, and replacing Brian May with Slash, have improved the song.

I have the complete opposite view, they better tinker the fuck out of it because there are not many usable parts. Sounds like background music for a detergent commercial

Edited by StrangerInThisTown

20 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

I have the complete opposite view, they better tinker the fuck out of it because there are not many usable parts. Sounds like background music for a detergent commercial

I doubt it ever got an overhaul like Silkworms did. Maybe more like SOD or TWAT where they added some parts, but both of those songs were overcooked by the time CD came out. I can't imagine an extra 15 years of tinkering made the song better and I doubt Slash will have a solo/tone that fits the song as well as Brian's.

Maybe I'll be wrong, but I expect whatever version of Atlas that gets released will still just be mediocre.