Atlas Shrugged (November Release?)

2 minutes ago, Wabby said:

So funny I watched RIR 3 on YouTube last night and it’s funny how much I’ve grown to appreciate Silkworms from what I thought back then was an unlistenable piece of garbage, I enjoy the Bitch like you chorus better then the repeating of Absurd and the new version, but I way prefer what Slash and Duff did changing it to less Techno and more rock. Also “The Blues” at that concert best version of any SOD 

I always thought Axl doing a punk song by way of The Prodigy and Crystal Method was hilarious. That and Eye On You would have added some welcome levity to the imaginary 2000 or 2001 version of CD. They are not great songs but they are fun, weird and unexpected 

The final version is old men making a generic punk-ish rock song. A lot of the personality is gone. And I hate the way the vocals are edited, it ruins the song for me. If not for that aspect it would be alright 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, zombux said:

this particular person is the mentally ill "list troll" who flooded everything with made up lists after the locker tracks leaked. treat with highest suspicion.

Oh my god you must be right it was only a matter of time until Fake Lists Guy came out of the woodwork after GNR became somewhat active again LMAO. I didn't know they had internet access in mental facilities but here we are back again, after he has been banned, looking at his made up lists. It will never stop lol

Edited by StrangerInThisTown

6 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Oh my god you must be right it was only a matter of time until Fake Lists Guy came out of the woodwork after GNR became somewhat active again LMAO. I didn't know they had internet access in mental facilities but here we are back again, after he has been banned..looking at his made up lists

I also thought we're in a different timeline, but hey, here we are and the pest is still rampaging around.

4 hours ago, rumandraisin said:

The return of the saddest trend. Fully grown men typing pretend tracklistings. Beyond tragic to think of them still doing this. 

You want to know how it’s definitely fake-

OMG. This is not going to be on any album or re-released other than a bonus track on something maybe. This song has been released. It was mixed and mastered and put out. It was never a demo

12 minutes ago, Arnuld said:

You want to know how it’s definitely fake-

OMG. This is not going to be on any album or re-released other than a bonus track on something maybe. This song has been released. It was mixed and mastered and put out. It was never a demo

If they hadn’t had reworked silkworms with Slash and Duff I’d agree with you but they pulled the ultimate wtf with that, so I believe OMG is completely possible to be reworked for this incarnation of Guns

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, D4NNY said:

If they hadn’t had reworked silkworms with Slash and Duff I’d agree with you but they pulled the ultimate wtf with that, so I believe OMG is completely possible to be reworked for this incarnation of Guns

But Silkworms/Absurd was never officially released. OMG was officially released and frankly not that great of a song. If you are going to have slash and duff work on songs wouldn’t it make sense to choose A-list non released tracks 

• Like 3

Just now, Arnuld said:

But Silkworms/Absurd was never officially released. OMG was officially released and frankly not that great of a song. If you are going to have slash and duff work on songs wouldn’t it make sense to choose A-list non released tracks 

Oh I completely agree, I should’ve said I don’t think they will release it but at the same time I wouldn’t be surprised if they did at some point down the line due to them just reworking old stuff instead of creating new stuff together. I do somewhat enjoy OMG but I’d much prefer them to release something/anything else though 

Personally, I believe all this nonsense stems back to the day Perhaps got postponed a week. Individuals with no time made fake photoshops of The General and for some reason found it hysterical, probably in part because we were all mad (myself included) at how the song was delayed a week. We should stop giving these trolls attention, even talking about it the way we are right now is giving them what they want.

• Like 1

Has It Leaked have often been very accurate in the past for other artists and have people who have industry connections plus it does go with the other posts about Atlas in November that appeared on Reddit last week...

I believe most folk here piled in when that original "So we're close to getting the General" thread began with mostly doubt and WTF you thinking....then General was announced a week or so later....well I say announced 😆

So I think we're in an age where we shouldn't be quite as tainted by the pessimistic arrows that have frozen our hearts in the past....

Maybe...just maybe what Slash said last year is gonna come to pass...off load all the lockdown project stuff....6 songs it would seem and then he volunteered that this was the last tour in the books and "we can go and make an album after that" (paraphrasing)....he's been very wary about talking music since the reunion...but he's spent 7 odd years back around Axl, he's not thick....if he like a lot of you in here believed for one second that Axl has no interest in new music eventually or at all and that it is a closed door, he would deflect that question and not even state that hope/wish/prediction....Slash knows better than any of us and he thinks it's an option!

Axl has just recorded vocals for an album ...in Axl time he will record in some form again for GNR...especially since Perhaps is going down well ...after the previous singles and Chinese, this is getting a much better reception and I hope Axl sees/is told this....good times are here and ahead...afford yourself a quiet optimism folks! It's better than being defeatist all the time.

Edited by colonizedmind
  • Like 3

Also....Atlas almost made Chinese a full 8 years after this "demo"....do you really think the latest version before Duff and Slash went in to work on it was what us peasants have heard ? I know Axl isn't prolific but this idea that we have everything and basically a permanent backdoor to the GNR vault is funny....we probably said the same things pre fall 2019! 

I'm gonna choose to be quietly optimistic...The General is coming, anything can happen this year or soon!! 😉

1 hour ago, Gordon Comstock said:

I hope they don't bother with OMG, but if they're gonna release it I guess the place to do it would be as a sort of 'bonus track' on an EP with Perhaps, General, Atlas and some live songs:shrugs:

It's really not an album track though...

In that case, it would fit on an EP or remix album with Nothing and Eye On You. But seeing how they put My World on an album, anything is possible with this band.

OMG2 was on the CD2 list from early 2008, we have the leak with Bumblefoot, so it at one point was strongly considered for re-release, plus Axl said the 1999 version was a demo, and they rehearsed it in 2011. Axl in the forum chats described a remix of OMG, that doesn't match the description of what leaked with Bumblefoot, so that leads me to believe they are working on at least two different versions of that song, I bet one will eventually be released. 

Bucket's contributions really elevated that song for me. His guitar bits during the chorus are great.

12 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

In that case, it would fit on an EP or remix album with Nothing and Eye On You. But seeing how they put My World on an album, anything is possible with this band.

OMG2 was on the CD2 list from early 2008, we have the leak with Bumblefoot, so it at one point was strongly considered for re-release, plus Axl said the 1999 version was a demo, and they rehearsed it in 2011. Axl in the forum chats described a remix of OMG, that doesn't match the description of what leaked with Bumblefoot, so that leads me to believe they are working on at least two different versions of that song, I bet one will eventually be released. 

Bucket's contributions really elevated that song for me. His guitar bits during the chorus are great.

Axl is rewriting the time line like Slash never left 🤣

Slash has sent back from the future to save John Connor!....

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, D4NNY said:

Yeah, plus Bumble did work on OMG like he did with Absurd so Axl was obviously still thinking about it and wasn't in soundchecked in the NuGuns era? Whilst it's already been released I could see them putting it out if the plan is to have enough singles to put out a compilation album. Really love Ron's OMG. Shame we didn't get a 'tour edition' of CD with a bonus CD with Bumble's OMG, Absurd and Going Down. Maybe some remixes as well. 

Edited by Seb91
  • Like 1

Just now, Seb91 said:

Yeah, plus Bumble did work on OMG like he did with Absurd so Axl was obviously still thinking about it and wasn't in soundchecked in the NuGuns era? Whilst it's already been released I could see them putting it out if the plan is to have enough singles to put out a compilation album. 

It was soundchecked at RIR 2011. Possibly elsewhere too

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

I'd like to think Absurd and OMG were at one point intended for the remix album (I think Brain said he only did like 7, maybe 9 remixes? Not a full album from what I remember) along with stuff like Eye On You (though I think that was probably abandoned long ago). Or maybe a bonus track on a CD re-release. A 'bonus track' is really the only way they could release OMG without looking far more incompetent than they already do...

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Mikey Whipwreck said:

It was soundchecked at RIR 2011. Possibly elsewhere too

Ah! Thanks, yeah, sure I remembered it was. Main thing I remember after RIR was the discussion on here. It very much felt like watching your sports' team do a bad match. Indeed, there are parallels with following Charlton Athletic and GN'R :lol:

Decided to relisten to OMG - absolutely love Axl's vocals on it - so angry and intense! 

Edited by Seb91
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Sweersa said:

Axl said the 1999 version was a demo because it was not well received at the time. Everyone including the hard core fan base at the time hated it myself included. I remember being beyond disappointed the first time I heard it on the radio. Now it didn’t take long for it to grow to people and many people now like it. But it was not a demo in 1999. I know he worked on it more but I cannot imagine why. It’s not that great of a song and it had already been mixed, mastered, and officially released. 

5 hours ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Personally, I believe all this nonsense stems back to the day Perhaps got postponed a week. Individuals with no time made fake photoshops of The General and for some reason found it hysterical, probably in part because we were all mad (myself included) at how the song was delayed a week. We should stop giving these trolls attention, even talking about it the way we are right now is giving them what they want.

The funniest thing about those guys who faked The General art/Apple Music links thought everyone fell for it and gave themselves a pat on the back like a bunch of men-children. In reality, most people were quick to discount their attempts.

17 hours ago, Zeppelin said:

You can tell it's BS because:

1) GNR won't put out an album, no matter how many people are trying to convince themselves that one is coming, and;

2) It wouldn't release on the 23rd anyway. It's a Thursday. At least pick the next day (the 24th) to make it somewhat believable.

It’s a Thurs and it’s Thanksgiving. Agree - not happening. 

On 8/21/2023 at 3:10 PM, AxlRoseCDII said:

To be honest this is a bunch of bullshit. I think the “insiders” are bored because GNR actually released something. It wouldn’t make any sense to release another single that quickly after a physical release, and especially not with how this band works. If anything, this is based on the AI generated art we saw on Reddit. 

It makes no sense, but it makes perfect gnr sense