Atlas Shrugged (November Release?)

My go to record store which is usually up to date and "in the know" has nothing GNR related coming up in their data bases. No Atlas (surprise, surprise) and no Perhaps single (yet), but also said, that especially Universal tends to treat the record stores quite badly regarding news for upcoming releases.

Edited by Spoon87

3 minutes ago, Spoon87 said:

My go to record store which is usually up to date and "in the know" has nothing GNR related coming up in their data bases. No Atlas (surprise, surprise) and no Perhaps single (yet), but also said, that especially Universal tends to treat the record stores quite badly regarding news for upcoming releases.

I'm not saying that the AI cover EP thing isn't BS but if they were to put out Atlas I expect it would be through Nightrain so I'm not surprised stores wouldn't have heard of it.

48 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

This youtube channel is totally unreliable.

27 minutes ago, gavgnr said:

Not so sure. He’s a good guy and with probable good info 

1 hour ago, Joraz said:

Anyone seen this, and is it reliable at all?

https://youtu.be/7ClF50Loc1g

It's interesting all these dudes that kinda picked up the slack in recent years where GNRCentral died....rising out of those embers has been a lot of gossip and rumour mongering but this dude, whether Informed or not has a slightly less smug and I'm blabbing about insider info that YOU don't know yet vibe...his videos could and often be wrong and the whole Atlas/Monsters Vinyl is a good educated guess for what's next...that's not really much to dispute / argue....it's the when? Jan/Feb next year? Really....I know logic shouldn't be spouted as a counter with these guys BUT....why when they've been releasing music during tour cycles would they drop, potentially the two best songs redone just when Slash hits the road with his other band!?! Maybe May or Summer makes more sense to pass a lull....or a Night train sign up gift for Christmas next year....OR it could be, the clearing out argument at this point...these are the 6 done, boom ...out....then move on to the recording sessions in late 2024 beginning that Slash has alluded to...for original work which could include lyrics Axl wrote for other songs but reimagine or to completely fresh ideas...

I do look forward to being able to Frankenstein an album by this time next year...whether they deliver for us or not, should be able to make this at least.

Beginnings & Endings 

1.As It Began (Instrumental)

2.Hard Skool

3.Absurd

4.Rock The Rock

5.(TBA DUFF Solo track from New album)

6.Atlas Shrugged 

7.Monsters 

8.The General

9.Perhaps

10.Axl guest spot on Michael album 2024

11.Oklahoma (Instrumental Outro)

Edited by colonizedmind
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

It's interesting all these dudes that kinda picked up the slack in recent years where GNRCentral died....rising out of those embers has been a lot of gossip and rumour mongering but this dude, whether Informed or not has a slightly less smug and I'm blabbing about insider info that YOU don't know yet vibe...his videos could and often be wrong and the whole Atlas/Monsters Vinyl is a good educated guess for what's next...that's not really much to dispute / argue....it's the when? Jan/Feb next year? Really....I know logic shouldn't be spouted as a counter with these guys BUT....why when they've been releasing music during tour cycles would they drop, potentially the two best songs redone just when Slash hits the road with his other band!?! Maybe May or Summer makes more sense to pass a lull....or a Night train sign up gift for Christmas next year....OR it could be, the clearing out argument at this point...these are the 6 done, boom ...out....then move on to the recording sessions in late 2024 beginning that Slash has alluded to...for original work which could include lyrics Axl wrote for other songs but reimagine or to completely fresh ideas...

I do look forward to being able to Frankenstein an album by this time next year...whether they deliver for us or not, should be able to make this at least.

Beginnings & Endings 

1.As It Began (Instrumental)

2.Hard Skool

3.Absurd

4.Rock The Rock

5.(TBA DUFF Solo track from New album)

6.Atlas Shrugged 

7.Monsters 

8.The General

9.Perhaps

10.Axl guest spot on Michael album 2024

11.Oklahoma (Instrumental Outro)

They're still having that fake "Atlas" cover art in the video thumbnail.

The Atlas/Monsters rumour started by "insider" information that claimed that The General was originally a very long song Monsters was a part of (and so Monsters wasn't Soul Monster) but was split in two so there could be two b-sides. That "insider" info has been proven wrong already regarding Soul Monster, apparently because the source of it is unreliable.

I'm not saying that it's unlikely that Monsters ends up being released with Atlas. But I think if that happens it will be for reasons unrelated to all this "information" and not because it was originally planned that way.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
12 hours ago, BucketEgg said:

November is nearly over, and this rumour has died!

If a surprise release happens tomorrow, I'll be glad that this post aged horribly!

That's because people belive what some balloon made up on reddit & the mental age group on there for believing stuff is low , it rubbed off here 

• Like 1

On 10/5/2023 at 3:45 AM, Bad_Apples91les91 said:

Hey guys. Dont know if this topic is dead. Just wanted to point a few things rq.

1: Im the guy who put the discogs thing up. The reason why the profile looks so sketchy is because the OG accout (i had an old one that got banned, more on that soon) was made back in 2020-2021. I got banned from discogs for harrassing staff (which all i did was say that one of the staff had a big collection). I wanted to prank the staff about taking legal action. the original account was ilovecats123 and ilovecats123_Reborn, but it is now TooHardSkool.

2. The proof screenshot was the code of the atlas collection being reimplemented into the actual merch website. I can get screenshots soon

3. The barcode and catalog number are fake. I added those just to get the release on discogs. There are currently none of those yet so we will have to wait until november (if atlas comes out)

4. The cover isnt ai-made. It came from geffen's archive of covers. My big bro named Jason works for geffen, and the bands he also works for are GNR and the eagles.

5. I think the release date of atlas is supposed to be Nov. 12. It could be a few days before or after that but currently its pinned to either the 12th or 15th. Leaning to the 15th currently

Thats all i have to say. Dont wanna spoil too many things but if you need anything else ill be active whenever you need me 🙂

-TooHardSkool aka. ilovecats123_Reborn

Still no Atlas in sight.

"Plans changed"?

On 10/5/2023 at 3:45 AM, Bad_Apples91les91 said:

Hey guys. Dont know if this topic is dead. Just wanted to point a few things rq.

1: Im the guy who put the discogs thing up. The reason why the profile looks so sketchy is because the OG accout (i had an old one that got banned, more on that soon) was made back in 2020-2021. I got banned from discogs for harrassing staff (which all i did was say that one of the staff had a big collection). I wanted to prank the staff about taking legal action. the original account was ilovecats123 and ilovecats123_Reborn, but it is now TooHardSkool.

2. The proof screenshot was the code of the atlas collection being reimplemented into the actual merch website. I can get screenshots soon

3. The barcode and catalog number are fake. I added those just to get the release on discogs. There are currently none of those yet so we will have to wait until november (if atlas comes out)

4. The cover isnt ai-made. It came from geffen's archive of covers. My big bro named Jason works for geffen, and the bands he also works for are GNR and the eagles.

5. I think the release date of atlas is supposed to be Nov. 12. It could be a few days before or after that but currently its pinned to either the 12th or 15th. Leaning to the 15th currently

Thats all i have to say. Dont wanna spoil too many things but if you need anything else ill be active whenever you need me 🙂

-TooHardSkool aka. ilovecats123_Reborn

Still no Atlas in sight.

"Plans changed"?