Atlas Shrugged (November Release?)

14 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

We could be just one month away from hearing finished Atlas and SOG....or at least a fuller EP with live tracks from the '23 tour....I'm mean they love a double dip, so surely they'll be something at the very least...Thanksgiving weekend....xmas shopping time...it's a no brainer...license to print $. It's all done ready to go!

Or maybe just new GNFNR bed covers in the shop, guess we will see....

Wouldn't it be announced and up for presale by now though? I don't know, a release at this point doesn't really make any sense to me.

2 minutes ago, chorrada said:

Wouldn't it be announced and up for presale by now though? I don't know, a release at this point doesn't really make any sense to me.

Yep....and that's why it can happen with this band !

2 minutes ago, chorrada said:

They announce 4 big tour dates with less than a month before hitting stage this past month....they seem to be confident if they say jump....we'll all say, "how high" 

9 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Where is this 'Atlas in November' stuff coming from? 

As far as I can see it's being pulled out of thin air via a couple of 'insiders' and has zero credibility. 

Am I missing something here? 

If someone went to the length to create a fake litho cover for the roumer, they probably invented stories of Insiders on Reddit.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

As far as I can see it's being pulled out of thin air via a couple of 'insiders' and has zero credibility. 

Well.TBH...i think a lot of it comes from.the alternative timeline for this band that we like to inhabit from time to time, as a crazed fanbase. What the heck tho...anything can happen. If someone had posted a big thread the day before Perhaps was coming and said....music video coming and everything....95% would of shot that down in here and called.bullshit!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, allwaystired said:

Mostly rumors from not very trustful sources. 

But according to Slash himself the intention was to release two tracks (perhaps/General) and then two more tracks (probably Atlas plus one more)

• Like 2

BTW.....I've been listening to Atlas a lot to get myself all psyched up for The General.

I've always thought at the end, last line of the song, Axl is saying "Jesus how I'd hoped you understand."

According to online lyrics databases, all completely unofficial of course, people seem to think he's either saying "even now I hope you understand" or "Gee, even now I'd hope you understand."

Not kidding...look it up.  Someone out there really thinks Axl is using the word "gee" in a song.

But am I way wrong?  He's not saying "Jesus?" 

What do you guys think he's saying?

9 minutes ago, estrangedtwat said:

BTW.....I've been listening to Atlas a lot to get myself all psyched up for The General.

I've always thought at the end, last line of the song, Axl is saying "Jesus how I'd hoped you understand."

According to online lyrics databases, all completely unofficial of course, people seem to think he's either saying "even now I hope you understand" or "Gee, even now I'd hope you understand."

Not kidding...look it up.  Someone out there really thinks Axl is using the word "gee" in a song.

But am I way wrong?  He's not saying "Jesus?" 

What do you guys think he's saying?

I def hear Jesus. But English is not my 1st language. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, estrangedtwat said:

Well at least I'm not alone!

And you definitely seem to have a great grasp on English despite not being a native speaker.

Making us lazy Americans look bad!

(I hate studying foreign languages...)

Haha thanks. To be fair, I didn't study English either. I learned by listen to GNR songs and watching Friends in my early teens. And that was good enough to help me getting this job at a big US company where I'm writing stuff in English. Thanks god there's some editors and peer reviews there. :lol:

• Like 1