11/05/23 - Toluca, MX - Hell and Heaven Fest

alfierose

11 hours ago, WhazUp said:

Has this been confirmed or is it just a guess?

I have yet to hear about rehab, and I specifically remember a friend caught Aerosmith right before the tour dates went in limbo and the vocal chord news, and he said Steven's vocals were absolutely fried - and that was even before all the news.  As of right now, unless anyone has actual legit sources, I don't think it is unreasonable to think that he was having vocal issues because his vocal chords were having issues

Aerosmith has been using an off stage singer to hit the high notes for Steven for years now. I don't know why Melissa hasn't been used much more significantly on vocals in a similar manner the past 7 years.

• Wow 2

4 hours ago, Stro said:

I don't know why Melissa hasn't been used much more significantly on vocals in a similar manner the past 7 years.

I like Melissa's backing vocals, but given Axl's range and looking at proper frequency separation and saturation, it would make more sense for Duff (even better: Izzy) to have his back on vocals a little to thicken things up in the mid range, think live renditions of So Fine or 14 Years.

7 hours ago, Stro said:

Aerosmith has been using an off stage singer to hit the high notes for Steven for years now. I don't know why Melissa hasn't been used much more significantly on vocals in a similar manner the past 7 years.

He isn't offstage. It's the keyboard player in the background. He's pretty visible (or was when I saw them in 2014) 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, shootingstar said:

"This is the last show of the tour of the year." And then he thanked the crew and the band for the last 7 years.

It means exactly what Slash told us....this tour was the last they owed....so we can presume the current contract has ended with the conclusion of this tour, which was pretty long and massive! I do see it as the end of part one of the reunion...part 2 should be interesting....

• Like 1

In this video, you can see it was actually NOT Axl who said "I can't hear a word you're saying". You see him speak into the mic to the techs but hear nothing, and then when that voice comes through, he is not speaking into the mic.

So maybe he was asking for some extra time to talk about it, but the techs couldn't hear him so he got frustrated and went right into the song.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, W. Axl Kev said:

I love GN’R (every iteration) but I’m convincing myself to like this song. The subject matter sounds very personal and jarring so I won’t suggest he’s wrong to release it now (there’s no right time) but it would’ve slotted perfectly into who he was between 2002-2012. I’d have loved to have heard that Axl sing it.

Maybe he felt like he or the song wasn't ready to perform it at that time. I haven't paid much attention to the lyrics yet, but from what I picked up about the subject matter and the vibes this song is giving me, it does not feel like a puff piece. I'm not a fan of the song yet (it's too dark and dark is not good for me at the moment lol) but I feel taken seriously as a listener and in that I respect that song a lot more than "Absurd" and will give it further listening.

2 hours ago, adamsapple said:

Maybe he felt like he or the song wasn't ready to perform it at that time. I haven't paid much attention to the lyrics yet, but from what I picked up about the subject matter and the vibes this song is giving me, it does not feel like a puff piece. I'm not a fan of the song yet (it's too dark and dark is not good for me at the moment lol) but I feel taken seriously as a listener and in that I respect that song a lot more than "Absurd" and will give it further listening.

I think you're totally right. It also doesn't sound like a Guns N' Roses song though (for me).

On 11/8/2023 at 12:24 AM, Stro said:

I think Axl just wants to give as live a performance as he can, and sing the songs to the best of his ability.  For better or worse he isn't going to rely on people off stage and backing tracks and all the stuff other singers rely on. I appreciate that too.  I mean say what you will about Axl's voice today but when I buy my ticket I'm there to see Axl sing. Not someone off stage or a recording.  Dude busts his ass up there

• Like 3

• alfierose unpinned this topic
  • 2 months later...