11/05/23 - Toluca, MX - Hell and Heaven Fest

alfierose

3 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

I’m sad to see it come to an end. This was an amazing tour. Axl’s voice is horrid and worse as it’s ever been but literally everything else has been great. Music video, new songs, deep cuts and revamped set, etc. I don’t know what the future holds but I’m glad I was able to see them three times this tour, it was by far the most fun I’ve ever had being a GNR fan, and I really do love this lineup. I wish them the best in their break and hope it’s not the end, although with GNR silence you gotta accept it very well could be.

Obviously they made their money from touring and plan to become prolific within the studio. I say that in jest of course but with the slightest of hopes that it's true

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, beardedranga said:

Obviously they made their money from touring and plan to become prolific within the studio. I say that in jest of course but with the slightest of hopes that it's true

It would be pretty nice to see the band having a 10 year bow out of just releasing whatever the fuck they want to, no nit picking, no politics, just you do guitars over this, you sign over this. Get it out there move onto the next track. When artists are in their twilight and the panic of wasted years kicks in its nice to see how much it can boost their output. It can obviously go completely the other way and they work for 15 years on the final masterpiece

• Like 1

Just a bit of a longer break me thinks... it won't be over!

However, I can't say I'm not slightly worried about the state of Axl's voice when he returns. Long breaks aren't always good and this might be the worst it's been at the end of a run (understandably though - age, fatigue etc.)

If they return after a hiatus and/or a record I think it might be time to completely re-organize the set and how a guns show goes. This might be the last of the '3 hour mammoth sets' with a bunch of songs he can't really do anymore.

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure Axl thanked the crew for the last few years at the end of the 2022 so I wouldn't read too much into that.

Plus we're coming onto 40 years since Appetite, I full expect a world tour for that 2025/2026 perhaps a handful of shows near the end of 2024

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dangom1 said:

I'm pretty sure Axl thanked the crew for the last few years at the end of the 2022 so I wouldn't read too much into that.

Plus we're coming onto 40 years since Appetite, I full expect a world tour for that 2025/2026 perhaps a handful of shows near the end of 2024

He thanked the crew for the tour last year, but not with the same wording. This one sounds like he's thanking the crew for the whole NITL tour.

48 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

I’m sad to see it come to an end. This was an amazing tour. Axl’s voice is horrid and worse as it’s ever been but literally everything else has been great. Music video, new songs, deep cuts and revamped set, etc. I don’t know what the future holds but I’m glad I was able to see them three times this tour, it was by far the most fun I’ve ever had being a GNR fan, and I really do love this lineup. I wish them the best in their break and hope it’s not the end, although with GNR silence you gotta accept it very well could be.

Not a chance this is the end outside of something tragic happening... Which I guess you can't rule out. But gnr are here to stay for years to come. They need a break. A year away is a good thing, hopefully some of that is spent sending demos around and recording 

• Like 1

While this band’s biggest issue is the lack of communication about literally everything, I do think they’d make a much bigger deal about this being the end of the road if it truly was. My best guess would be:

2024, they take a rest - at best, we maybe get an Atlas Shrugged/State of Grace single. 

I could see them doing a fall tour next year at the absolute earliest, depending on how long Slash’s two tours last. 

I could see them touring in 2025, but making it clear that it’s the farewell tour. I’d expect all kinds of pomp and circumstance to be broken out for that kind of announcement. And I could see guest appearances from Izzy, Steven, Matt, Gilby, and Brain to celebrate. I think in that case, it would be an all hands on deck celebration of the band’s entire career, so it would make sense to enlist as many former members as possible for guest appearances.

I could see a few special shows in 2027 to celebrate the 40th anniversary of AFD, but I wouldn’t put money on that. 

At the end of the day, back in 2015, none of us could have ever predicted ANY of this, so that alone was a huge victory. Hopefully Axl has found peace that he’s rehabilitated his image, got to sing for AC/DC, and mended whatever fences he felt that he needed to, and that he can go out on a high note after next year if that’s what he decides to do. You can just tell that a huge weight has been lifted off of him, especially with this last run of shows.  

Edited by The Real McCoy

I'll just say, it's not like Axl hasn't done a disappearing act before. 1994-1999, 2002-2006, and 2007-2010 are all times Axl took years-long and unannounced breaks where people didn't see him the entire time. Hardly any pictures and no communication, just gone for a few years. 

Axl has always liked long breaks, and 7 straight years is actually the longest he's gone without it. It wouldn't exactly be a big shock to me if he did it for a fourth time.

Edited by meadsoap

3 hours ago, GNRRHCP98 said:

I’m watching the FB stream… I’m starting to personally get so sick of the “Mickey Mouse” comments… we get it: he doesn’t sound like he did when he was 25 LOL

to not sound like he did when he was 25 is fine, but to sound this bad and charge what they do for tickets is part of the problem.  this would be like watching the world famous Glasgow Rangers and the players miss the ball everytime they try and kick it, and ask £100 a ticket lol

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, meadsoap said:

I'll just say, it's not like Axl hasn't done a disappearing act before. 1994-1999, 2002-2006, and 2007-2010 are all times Axl took years-long and unannounced breaks where people didn't see him the entire time. Hardly any pictures and no communication, just gone for a few years. 

Axl has always liked long breaks, and 7 straight years is actually the longest he's gone without it. It wouldn't exactly be a big shock to me if he did it for a fourth time.

at his age each break could be his last, they guy needs to give it up and enjoy the rest of his life, he has earned his money now go and enjoy it

6 minutes ago, scottish nutter said:

to not sound like he did when he was 25 is fine, but to sound this bad and charge what they do for tickets is part of the problem.  this would be like watching the world famous Glasgow Rangers and the players miss the ball everytime they try and kick it, and ask £100 a ticket lol

That's the thing though. It would actually be more like the star players of the Glasgow rangers missing the ball while all the unknown players put on a good show. Axl sings the main hits a bit well, shit... But then he does reckless life or something and he sounds decent. 

It's not a case of retirement though, it's a case of understanding where his voice is at, and either sculping a set around it OR getting a coach that can help get him over the hurdle. He's not going to sing like a young man again, but he is far from a lost cause.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, scottish nutter said:

at his age each break could be his last, they guy needs to give it up and enjoy the rest of his life, he has earned his money now go and enjoy it

They'll be back, same as the stones and ACDC...big bands will always be wanted by promoters, festivals, tours etc 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, scottish nutter said:

Taking a break and coming back in 2 to 3 years isn't impossible for him. He's healthy, seems mentally sound, and there's been no indication that they intend to never come back.

He's only 61 right now, and If they intend to be like the Rolling Stones as they said, they'll be performing well into their 70s. So a break won't hurt at all.

Edited by meadsoap

2 minutes ago, meadsoap said:

Taking a break and coming back in 2 to 3 years isn't impossible for him. He's healthy, seems mentally sound, and there's been no indication that they intend to never come back.

He's only 61 right now, and If they intend to be like the Rolling Stones as they said, they'll be performing well into their 70s. So a break won't hit at all.

Let’s not forget the break between ‘14 and ‘16, he came back with incredible power compared to ‘11-‘14

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, meadsoap said:

He's only 61 right now, and If they intend to be like the Rolling Stones as they said, they'll be performing well into their 70s. So a break won't hurt at all.

The main difference is that Axl’s way of singing is a hell of a lot more taxing on the vocal cords, then Mick Jagger’s. 

This break will definitely be good if he actually uses the time to rest/recover. Even if his voice ends up being shot permanently, it is what it is. I can’t think of any bands that have canceled entire tours because of vocal issues. 

Edited by HollyWoodRose84

Just now, HollyWoodRose84 said:

The main difference is that Axl’s way of singing is a hell of a lot more taxing on the vocal cords, then Mick Jagger’s. 

This break will definitely be good if he actually uses the time to rest/recover. Even if his voice ends up being shot permanently, it is what it is. I can’t think of many bands that have canceled entire tours because of vocal issues. 

This. Mick's style is more talking/ shouting since the beginning which enables him to carry on forever.

Axl really needs to consider big changes in his approach. Could be cool though.

• Like 4