11/01/23 - Los Angeles, CA - The Hollywood Bowl

alfierose

2 hours ago, kingcanyon said:

i disagree i think Axl will sing it the same as he sings Reckless Life & SOYL

Probably butchers on first few takes and then will bounce out a few good ones after that...a la Perhaps. Nobody (if he doesn't) can sing a new song well unless.they rehearse properly for a decent amount of time before going on stage...Axl won't do this. The first show is the rehearsal 

15 minutes ago, General2112 said:

Any update on soundcheck. I might be too early 

Ask again in about 4 hours

Edited by colonizedmind
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, DoMw94 said:

Right, but it still doesn't matter. They've played equally iconic venues or festivals in recent years and it hasn't led to dramatic shifts in the stage show or band lineup.

A special venue doesn't automatically equal a special show in GN'Rland

Or even in a lot of other bands worlds. KISS is playing there the next night after GnR and it is going to be the same show you’d see in Toledo. 

• Like 1

This thead already has more pages than most shows on the US leg and it still prw-show....what's being going on? You gig goers not loving this leg? It was a bit slow to get going USA, but better recently with some rarities...

3 minutes ago, BillConnor_1982 said:

Or even in a lot of other bands worlds. KISS is playing there the next night after GnR and it is going to be the same show you’d see in Toledo. 

Well Kiss just need to show up and press play, so...

With the makeup we can't even be sure it's them!?! They'll never confirm their retirement and they'll just hire 4 models to play the role and go another 50 years probably 

Edited by colonizedmind
  • Haha 1

On 10/31/2023 at 1:14 PM, Twinaleblood said:

Has Melissa recovered? 

What happened? I haven't been keeping up with the show threads lately, has she not been there?

20 hours ago, Coma16 said:

I dont think we'll see her in the lineup moving forward (hopefully we do, i really like her backing vocals and vibe). Word on the street another member is gone after this leg as well.

Who, Frank or Richard?

14 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

What happened? I haven't been keeping up with the show threads lately, has she not been there?

I don't know. There's another thread open because she is apparently sick and might have pneumonia. That's why I was asking. No idea if she has already skipped the previous show. 

8 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Yes, if they're going to play one of these songs live, it should be Monsters. I think that The General would be difficult because, in addition to Axl's vocal issues, it would be just awkward for him to sing these lyrics.

Agree. Monsters is a far superior song and would sound better in a concert atmosphere. The General wouldnt be too crowd friendly

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, AppetiteForContraband said:

Thanks- do you know what number is on the lithos- is it out of 250? 

the lithos are out of 250- by the time VIP people were done with em, I say no more at the main booth inside the venue. For anyone coming in tommorow , there was a small booth up too near I think a Verizon booth? They had about 20…. 

im assuming they split up, 125 this show then 125 tommorow since they have today and Tmmrs date on them. Never seen em go that quick and usually at all my shows I come in at doors and get em! 

7 minutes ago, AtlasIllusions said:

the lithos are out of 250- by the time VIP people were done with em, I say no more at the main booth inside the venue. For anyone coming in tommorow , there was a small booth up too near I think a Verizon booth? They had about 20…. 

im assuming they split up, 125 this show then 125 tommorow since they have today and Tmmrs date on them. Never seen em go that quick and usually at all my shows I come in at doors and get em! 

Thanks! I’ll just eBay one to avoid the headache :(