THE GENERAL - MONSTERS - Official Discussion Thread. NO LINKS OR ASKING FOR LINKS

4 minutes ago, DingBat said:

I think they were late anyway, when you do print on demand you get a sample before you print thousands of them, they either didn't do that and fucked themselves, or have only just started the process. 

Or Axl suddenly found out in the middle of the process. 

Now they've official put out a statement and confirming it was a "mix" issue...it's gonna be really interesting to compare what we get in Dec 8th and If that delay was really worth it at all...other than for the sake of perfectionism....although I think they certainly can and I hope they tidy it up a bit....lyric video is so needed too!!

57 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

That has given me a good laugh...to think the amount of posts (me at times too, although I did doubt more laterally) that have been spread on this forum talking matter of factly about a song that wasn't even the right song...if anything, I hope when talking about new music or leaks in the future and when playing P.I's with all the available quotes and little trinkets of info we can get, which often has been 2nd hand source....I hope we keep more open minds and are humbled a bit by this...let's see...

Well, we weren't that off. It's one song overall with two distinct parts connected by similar chords and the orchestral part. So while people are saying the cell phone clip wasn't the general, of course it is. It's just the second half. 

I believe the story that the vinyl has been delayed due to bad a bad pressing. I think the leak is from the bad pressing. Anyone that has heard a bad pressing or just a worn out vinyl record would probably agree. This even happened with Chinese Democracy. The pressing I have I.R.S. and Prostitute are almost unlistenable. Vinyl doesn't take well to recordings with 'a lot of layers'. So it makes sense they had a hard time getting a good press on a 45. 

Maybe Mellissa had to go help Brain and Caram change the mix for a new pressing? lol. 

The official released digital version will be epic on a good sound system. Cant wait!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

"People" who have no clue, a 7" vinyl already contained a 8:53 minute November Rain back in 1992. Guess they didn't think that far before spouting some nonsense when what they are claiming is not possible, was possible 31 years ago.

https://www.discogs.com/release/368536-Guns-N-Roses-November-Rain

You've missed the point.  You CAN have that much music on a side of 7" vinyl, but, there is sonic degradation, if done. 

A 33 RPM 7" can have about 7 min max before the audio is affected.

A 45 RPM 7" can have around 5-6 minutes.

You reduce the grooves in order to increase the runtime, you lose fidelity.  There's no equivocation here, it's black & white and hasn't changed since around 1948.

Edited by oneway23

3 minutes ago, Master Of Reality said:

Just heard another version on YT with a better mix and added orchestration. It's labeled as 'official version'. It's really growing on me. Awesome song(s)!

There's no official version...how the fuck can a leak be official? 

• ABSUЯD 1

1 hour ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

"People" who have no clue, a 7" vinyl already contained a 8:53 minute November Rain back in 1992. Guess they didn't think that far before spouting some nonsense when what they are claiming is not possible, was possible 31 years ago.

https://www.discogs.com/release/368536-Guns-N-Roses-November-Rain

I'm sure even November rain doesn't have as many layers as these two songs. 

10 minutes ago, rumandraisin said:

Well, we weren't that off. It's one song overall with two distinct parts connected by similar chords and the orchestral part. So while people are saying the cell phone clip wasn't the general, of course it is. It's just the second half. 

No it's Monsters...which has been stuck together with the General by fans and the band....it would seem. There's a clear stop at the end of The General which is nothing to do with the phone leak we were hearing....

2 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

No it's Monsters...which has been stuck together with the General by fans and the band....it would seem. There's a clear stop at the end of The General which is nothing to do with the phone leak we were hearing....

They are two halves of the same song. It is registered as 'The General and Monsters'

1 minute ago, DoMw94 said:

They are two halves of the same song. It is registered as 'The General and Monsters'

was just gonna say the same the song is registered as "the general and Monsters" not "The General" and "Monsters". 

literally, the legal paperwork entitled "The general And monsters" came out so this isnt debatable. its one song. lul

3 minutes ago, Miden34 said:

was just gonna say the same the song is registered as "the general and Monsters" not "The General" and "Monsters". 

literally, the legal paperwork entitled "The general And monsters" came out so this isnt debatable. its one song. lul

It sounds like pt I and II, sort of thing they are definitely linked

Edited by Tom2112

Darkest shit Axl'll ever write....I can see why this one has been something he's hung on too....very personal, back to his struggles in youth....It's quite emotional to even think about....he went through therapy didn't he? Late 80s? Regression and all sorts...

[Verse]
Daddy, don't
I swear I won't
I'll be good from now on
And I'm awful sorry
Daddy don't
The hell I won't
I won't be good anymore
And you'll all be sorry

[Refrain]
Can anybody tell me why the pain, that it won't stop?
Can anybody help me?
The pain it just won't stop

[Chorus]
My only regret
Is that I never took the time to forgive
All those unspoken feelings
That were never spared
And those who understand
And lack self respect
And not the sordid meaning

[Chorus]
My only regret
That were never spared
And those who understand
And lack self respect

[Verse]
Daddy, don't
I swear I won't
I'll be good from now on
And I'm awful sorry
Daddy don't
The hell I won't
I won't be good anymore
And you'll all be sorry

[Refrain]
Can anybody tell me why the pain, it just won't stop?
Can anybody help me?
The pain it just won't stop

[Bridge]
Don't know what to tell you now
It's never really what they tell you, now
You oughta know what they tell you now
And not really what they tell you now
Don't know what to tell you now
It ain't really what they tell you, now
Don't go where they tell you, now
It ain't really what they tell you, now

[Chorus]
My only regret
That were never spared
And those who understand
And lack self respect

[Outro]

Edited by colonizedmind
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, oneway23 said:

You've missed the point

No he didn't.

Those two vinyl experts said it was impossible to put the songs on a 7".

Ive seen you on Hoffman unless that's someone else using the same username.

1 hour ago, kitstuai said:

Well I'm sorry but November Rain on a 7" 45 RPM is not "caring about quality". CD existed at that time

CDs exist now.

55 minutes ago, kitstuai said:

What mix? This isn't mixed, the vocals aren't even compressed

Jesus Christ.

I have to move on from this idiocy. You win. It's impossible to put this on 7", no one had standards in the 90s, this leak hasn't had a mix, and his vocals aren't compressed.

I bow down to your vinyl and audio expertise.