THE GENERAL - MONSTERS - Official Discussion Thread. NO LINKS OR ASKING FOR LINKS

3 hours ago, Blackstar said:

A user on GN'R Evo implying to be related to either the Italian news site or Universal Italy is claiming that The General will be released on streaming platforms on Dec. 1st, a week before the shipping of the 7''.

Could be just a troll though.

I've been listening to this song for weeks now, and I don't now if I still care about the official release on streaming platforms...

At least I'm still waiting for the announcement of another delay on December 8th, with The General being replaced with Absurd (acoustic) :axl:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Barlog said:

I've been listening to this song for weeks now, and I don't now if I still care about the official release on streaming platforms...

At least I'm still waiting for the announcement of another delay on December 8th, with The General being replaced with Absurd (acoustic) :axl:

"Don't know what to tell ya now"....

😜 

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Barlog said:

Exactly, it doesn't matter now even if it is delayed. 

1 hour ago, Illusion1987 said:

I've been listening to the two new tracks for a few weeks now. 

I sent it to a few of my friends (including one who just saw them in concert  and appreciates CD) and their reaction was basically nothing...no comments...I'm sure they'll never want to listen to them again.

Even my interest is fading to the point where I'm not excited about the release anymore. The songs are OK but they don't inspire me in any way.

I then listened to the entire new album from the Rolling Stones and I have so much fun listening to it. I just play the whole album over  and over again and love the music.

I then asked myself why am I not excited by the Five new tracks from one of my favorite bands and what are the Rolling Stones doing, in their 80s!, that GNR isn't doing?

Yes, these are comparable since early GNR was regarded as the new Stones.

I think the answer is passion...the new GNR tracks are lacking passion...they are lacking chatacter...they are just there..like a premanufactueed widget...nothing organic about them.

The Rolling Stones songs are full of passion, energy....they just feel alive and that resonates with the listener.

Perhaps has the most passion...Hard School SHOULD have more...Absurd is garbage ...Monsters is OK but bores itself and the General.should be more.

I Don't know, it feels like Monsters and the General could have been reworked to be ONE Illusion era epic song...but it wasn't!

I hope the new material has more passion and synergy a la what the Rolling Stones accomplished in a fraction of the time.

The new Rolling Stone album, for me is bored, terrible bored. I don't feel passion at all.

Love Hard School and Monsters. I thing that The General deserves a longer intro and a good solo, but with Monsters I understand that it'd be too long.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

2 hours ago, Illusion1987 said:

I then asked myself why am I not excited by the Five new tracks from one of my favorite bands and what are the Rolling Stones doing, in their 80s!, that GNR isn't doing?

I think the answer is passion...

nah my dude, the answer is :

you have very bad taste. 

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1
  • PERHAPS 1

2 hours ago, Illusion1987 said:

I sent it to a few of my friends (including one who just saw them in concert  and appreciates CD) and their reaction was basically nothing...no comments...I'm sure they'll never want to listen to them again.

Even my interest is fading to the point where I'm not excited about the release anymore. The songs are OK but they don't inspire me in any way.

I then listened to the entire new album from the Rolling Stones and I have so much fun listening to it. I just play the whole album over  and over again and love the music.

I think the answer is passion...the new GNR tracks are lacking passion...they are lacking chatacter...they are just there..like a premanufactueed widget...nothing organic about them.

The Rolling Stones songs are full of passion, energy....they just feel alive and that resonates with the listener.

Perhaps has the most passion...Hard School SHOULD have more...Absurd is garbage ...Monsters is OK but bores itself and the General.should be more.

I Don't know, it feels like Monsters and the General could have been reworked to be ONE Illusion era epic song...but it wasn't!

I hope the new material has more passion and synergy a la what the Rolling Stones accomplished in a fraction of the time.

I hear you but they’re 25 years past their prime. They’re not going to inspire at this point -

33 minutes ago, Illusion1987 said:

Rolling Stones, Anger= 22 million views on YouTube 

Guns N' Roses, Perhaps= 4.9 million views on YouTube 

...and Perhaps has been on there a  month+ longer so.....it seems like the public is more connected to the Rolling Stones single (which was my whole point)  so I'd say you're the one with the bad taste.

The numbers don't lie!

The General won't even sniff Perhaps number of  views.

So you think Perhaps Is bad for the numbers on You Tube? Oh God...Perhaps Is doing less than the RS because Mick and team promotes the hell out of the song AND album. what besides the video and some initial promotion has Perhaps? Nothing More.....if you don't like It well Is fine AND dandy, but don't compare. And yes Is infuriating that we love a Band who simply doesn't care. 

• Like 3

On 11/17/2023 at 6:08 PM, Blackstar said:

A user on GN'R Evo implying to be related to either the Italian news site or Universal Italy is claiming that The General will be released on streaming platforms on Dec. 1st, a week before the shipping of the 7''.

Could be just a troll though.

Probably a troll, if what they say is true they would put the story out like they did with the other things from this year i guess. 

People are aware that Evo is where a lot of things are appearing and i think with Darknemus and occasionally MSL turning up on there it will attract some of the fandoms more bizarre characters from time to time. I like it a lot as a forum though.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Rindmelon said:

Probably a troll, if what they say is true they would put the story out like they did with the other things from this year i guess. 

People are aware that Evo is where a lot of things are appearing and i think with Darknemus and occasionally MSL turning up on there it will attract some of the fandoms more bizarre characters from time to time. I like it a lot as a forum though.

Or maybe this time they were asked not to write anything. Just read between the lines. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Illusion1987 said:

Have to agree, the latest leaks sound almost like AI generated "Gnr Chinese era with Slash" stuff. No real emotion and no love in the arrangements, more of a product than real music.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Illusion1987 said:

Rolling Stones, Anger= 22 million views on YouTube 

Guns N' Roses, Perhaps= 4.9 million views on YouTube 

...and Perhaps has been on there a  month+ longer so.....it seems like the public is more connected to the Rolling Stones single (which was my whole point)  so I'd say you're the one with the bad taste.

The numbers don't lie!

The General won't even sniff Perhaps number of  views.

Who really gives a toss about numbers on YouTube to be honest ? Stones did PR to promote it, GNR didn't 

I'm not having a shot here but it seems a lot, mostly Americans dine out of YouTube hits & rock radio...nobody else seems to care less 

Both cracking bands

5 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

Have to agree, the latest leaks sound almost like AI generated "Gnr Chinese era with Slash" stuff. No real emotion and no love in the arrangements, more of a product than real music.

I very much believe the pre NITL versions to be superior, as has been the case with the other reworked tunes, especially since we know these songs came from the Buckethead era. 

I really hope we get quality Roy Thomas Baker mixes of these tunes with Bucket and Brain. Back then, a lot of the Guns songs had long intros, and killer guitar solos. Great mixing too. At the very least, I hope they archived these mixes away somewhere to maintain for some sort of bonus anniversary release.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, DSTK said:

Who really gives a toss about numbers on YouTube to be honest ? Stones did PR to promote it, GNR didn't 

I'm not having a shot here but it seems a lot, mostly Americans dine out of YouTube hits & rock radio...nobody else seems to care less 

Both cracking bands

Not true..i'd say Perhaps WAS promoted.

They released a video and featured the song on an ongoing tour.