THE GENERAL - MONSTERS - Official Discussion Thread. NO LINKS OR ASKING FOR LINKS

8 minutes ago, PTM said:

Why is that strange? Is he no longer the producer?

My understanding is that he doesn't work with the band anymore. These tracks were apparently recorded and produced 2-3 years ago, but the mix on Perhaps was newer.

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

My understanding is that he doesn't work with the band anymore. These tracks were apparently recorded and produced 2-3 years ago, but the mix on Perhaps was newer.

This is from his official webpage: ''Most recently working on the August 2023 Guns N' Roses single 'Perhaps''' 

I didn't know that he doesn't work with the band anymore. 

Just now, Caedo said:

This is the worst sounding Gnr song ever and it's not even close. Constant tics from clipping drums, and the most fucked up vocals I've ever heard. It's a shame too cos the underlying song has really grown on me since I first heard it.

I was hardline all the way that it wouldn't just sound like the leak but clearly I was wrong 

Can’t have it all with GNR. I’m glad this leaked leaked with Monsters

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Caedo said:

This is the worst sounding Gnr song ever and it's not even close. Constant tics from clipping drums, and the most fucked up vocals I've ever heard. It's a shame too cos the underlying song has really grown on me since I first heard it.

I was hardline all the way that it wouldn't just sound like the leak but clearly I was wrong 

Fuck you. Now all i hear are the tics. :lol:

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, PTM said:

This is from his official webpage: ''Most recently working on the August 2023 Guns N' Roses single 'Perhaps'''

This is for the production, obviously.

4 minutes ago, PTM said:

I didn't know that he doesn't work with the band anymore. 

Yes, they had another sound engineer on the last tour and it appears that he's out altogether.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Strange that Caram mixed it. I guess it's an old mix (more than a year ago).

That explains a lot! 

11 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

Fuck you. Now all i hear are the tics. :lol:

Could it somehow be the click track for Frank's live performances that got added accidentally to the mix?

• Like 1

Just now, Gunnerfan_rus said:

Interesting that on Tidal track release date states the initial date as of December 01 not 08

I guess the user on GN'R Evo who implied he had heard from Universal Italy that it was originally going to be released on Dec. 1 but pushed back a week was legit.

• Like 1
  • PERHAPS 1

40 minutes ago, jamillos said:

They seriously didn't let Frank rerecord the drums? Poor guy. Not that I don't prefer Brain, but still... 

I get it but Frank is fine getting the big bucks for being the touring drummer..

TBH, it took 'em awhile but Axl has finally realised that re-recording everything, everytime a member leaves or a taste changes, super delayed all releases and it was stupid, especially drums! Let's liberate all that's remotely worth it as is, with a little jouzin from the OG's then kindly move on to new shizz with all members contributing, including thunderchucker 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Blackstar said:

Brain's friend "Mirv" - one of his two friends who he co-wrote The General and Seven with.

I can't seem to identify what he did on that. Maybe the sitar was his playing? Or that strange dissonance during the chorus on Slash's side? I don't know, I see no other part where he could've been. 

And before people start with conspiracy theory: no, it's not his solo for gods sake.

Then again, I don't see the need for three keyboardists credited there. And you're right, Caram's presence there implies that this song was mixed quite some time ago. Now people can blame him for that. :lol:

1 minute ago, colonizedmind said:

Pseudonym for "keep dreamin" 😝

image.gif.14e974fdb2ea2b66e95863173e3d5d62.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • ABSUЯD 1

2 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

I can't seem to identify what he did on that. Maybe the sitar was his playing? Or that strange dissonance during the chorus on Slash's side? I don't know, I see no other part where he could've been. 

And before people start with conspiracy theory: no, it's not his solo for gods sake.

Then again, I don't see the need for three keyboardists credited there. And you're right, Caram's presence there implies that this song was mixed quite some time ago. Now people can blame him for that. :lol:

image.gif.14e974fdb2ea2b66e95863173e3d5d62.gif

Richard said sitar is him, but maybe he was only talking about the live performances (?).

3 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

Fuck knows how the band can sit there and approve shit like this. I mean, I like the song and it's cool it's finally released, but the mastering and mixing leave a lot to be desired.

What's the alternative, record the song from scratch? Not in this lifetime.

16 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

TBH, it took 'em awhile but Axl has finally realised that re-recording everything, everytime a member leaves or a taste changes, super delayed all releases and it was stupid, especially drums! Let's liberate all that's remotely worth it as is, with a little jouzin from the OG's then kindly move on to new shizz with all members contributing, including thunderchucker 

I wish Axl realized that before having Slash re-record Robin and Bucket's parts :( 

• Haha 1
  • ABSUЯD 1