THE GENERAL - MONSTERS - Official Discussion Thread. NO LINKS OR ASKING FOR LINKS

27 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

There's a drum machine there. And I believe there's some Axl rapping that obviously wasn't included in the final version. That's how it sounds to me:

http://sndup.net/y53z/

The drum loop in that section is also connected to the part after it by a sort of drum roll that they removed as well, the specific part your talking about is where I thought the words were 'I have a monstrous life, monsters call me, monsters coming' Hopefully one day that version leaks.

• PERHAPS 1

4 minutes ago, Rindmelon said:

The drum loop in that section is also connected to the part after it by a sort of drum roll that they removed as well, the specific part your talking about is where I thought the words were 'I have a monstrous life, monsters call me, monsters coming' Hopefully one day that version leaks.

I thought it started with "You know I have..." or something like that. But it could very well be just someone in the party yelling something.

I really believe the structure of the song was changed from the 2010 version to the Monsters that leaked. You can hear the "oooo oooo" Axl sounds fairly clearly in the 2010 party recording. In the 2023 Monsters leak those are backing vocals. You can also hear amazing guitars that are missing from the 2023 leak as well. I can play it in my head near perfectly. Wish I could play it IRL to share how it goes. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Zeppelin said:

Get In The Ring at #37. Imagine not having ears.

Never got the hate that Get in The Ring gets. Of course it's not their best song, but it's nowhere near as terrible as people here make it out to be

• Like 3

The lead guitar that Voodoochild wonderfully recreated, I swear on the 2010 leak, where it's hard to hear anything, that guitar bit starts again after the screaming Axl bridge. So I think that may not actually be a solo, but the main guitar lead of the song. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

I thought it started with "You know I have..." or something like that. But it could very well be just someone in the party yelling something.

If you ask a 100 people you will get 100 versions of what it is i guess, I didn't get many words right but I got monster at least:D

I think the song structure may have been butchered from what it was

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, DoMw94 said:

Never got the hate that Get in The Ring gets. Of course it's not their best song, but it's nowhere near as terrible as people here make it out to be

Not their best song by a long shot. It's the purest definition of filler.

2 hours ago, Sweersa said:

I think 2000 Hardschool is one of the better songs they have, and would fit CD as far as quality goes. 2021 Hard Skool, I honestly don't want that on any album. They butchered that song into a C tier tune. 

I think Perhaps and Hardschool from the CD era would have fit CD, Atlas too, though I find Atlas to be a weaker song. 

I think the CD era Monsters / Soul Monster would have been pretty good as well.

Zodiac 13 could be the Better of CD2 if they have a nice vocal track to it. 

Just wondering...do you like any Guns tracks prior to 1998?

1 hour ago, Sweersa said:

I really believe the structure of the song was changed from the 2010 version to the Monsters that leaked. You can hear the "oooo oooo" Axl sounds fairly clearly in the 2010 party recording. In the 2023 Monsters leak those are backing vocals. You can also hear amazing guitars that are missing from the 2023 leak as well. I can play it in my head near perfectly. Wish I could play it IRL to share how it goes. 

They had an open jam booth at that party....I think the guitars you hear via the Nokia 3210 are just background from folk playing...

2 hours ago, Sweersa said:

The lead guitar that Voodoochild wonderfully recreated, I swear on the 2010 leak, where it's hard to hear anything, that guitar bit starts again after the screaming Axl bridge. So I think that may not actually be a solo, but the main guitar lead of the song. 

That’s correct. Well, at least partially. I think it’s the same riff that I play in the beginning, which is a bit shorter than that main one after the break. I forgot to play it on that recording. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, DeNfr said:

this ranking is a pure shitshow

It was a good effort when it was first posted and subjective. (I couldn't be fucked doing it) Clearly now it's just lazy updating. Just chuck 'em in at the end not bothering to update other things like Down On The Farm only being performed once.