Will the new album be Chinese demos or will it be new material?

7 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Yes, after the tour is vague. It doesn't necessarily mean right after the tour.

Hopefully he's been less vague with axl and co. The only way this happens is if he makes it happen. But I think he's played ball with Axl enough to maybe get a record out of him... Soon probably isn't the word though

• Like 1

On 11/8/2023 at 3:20 PM, rumandraisin said:

I laughed at the "I know" part. Oh 4tus

At least Mayhue has been added as a new player to this circus of new album comments...he's got credibility at this point, as he's never really commented and been wrong before....Slash has mostly been right with all his comments in recent years, that comes with him being super careful with comments...so I think that does give, when he actually says something, some weight....

Let's see....

It would be cool if they put together an album of new material and then offer these Chinese era left-over tracks they've done so far and will do in the future as a deluxe edition bonus disc. Wishful thinking I know.

Edited by Sisyphus

I think it will happen eventually. And it will be a mix of new stuff and some CD era stuff (maybe with reworked vocals if Axl is smart enough to adjust to his current capability). 

I mean, Slash said that (about the "no new material") quite some time ago. That jam that we all thought was The General could be some stuff they already bounced off during the last couple of years. 

Since they were willing to work on those last few tracks, there's no reason to believe they wouldn't want to do something new. I know people think it's unlikely because of this band's history, but they do not follow any pattern. 

Edited by Voodoochild
  • Like 1

On 11/8/2023 at 11:52 PM, DSTK said:

Did the stones fans have to define a point ? It'll come 

The only difference is that the Stones  deliver. They released 2 albums and a non-album single in the past decade. 2 more than GnR. And in the mean time there were at least 16 live releases (often audio and video), 6 anniversary box sets and a few movies. 

Stones fans knew they'd deliver, even despite Charlie's death. GnR rarely ever delivers. Without Irving Azoff they still wouldnt have released CD.

37 minutes ago, username said:

The only difference is that the Stones  deliver. They released 2 albums and a non-album single in the past decade. 2 more than GnR. And in the mean time there were at least 16 live releases (often audio and video), 6 anniversary box sets and a few movies. 

Stones fans knew they'd deliver, even despite Charlie's death. GnR rarely ever delivers. Without Irving Azoff they still wouldnt have released CD.

I'd still rather have the village leaks and these 4 remade singles than anything the stones haves released in the last 4 decades, iconic band no doubt, but everything they've delivered since then has been crap ...stones fanboys coming in 3,2,1...

We're all entitled to a view

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DSTK said:

I'd still rather have the village leaks and these 4 remade singles than anything the stones haves released in the last 4 decades, iconic band no doubt, but everything they've delivered since then has been crap ...stones fanboys coming in 3,2,1...

We're all entitled to a view

I am a Stones fanboy, but personal taste aside there's no denying the quantity (and quality, in terms of how it's done) of material they give their fans. From all eras. 

1 hour ago, username said:

I am a Stones fanboy, but personal taste aside there's no denying the quantity (and quality, in terms of how it's done) of material they give their fans. From all eras. 

I've seen them 4 times, good live band but it's the older stuff that's great...love to see how their newer record goes down live , especially the first 5 tracks which are hot! 

I'd still rather have these GNR leaks though 

The easiest thing to do would be to go in the studio for 3 months and record a back to basics rock album. That will never happen. Based on how long the CD stuff has taken to see the light of day, I doubt Axl has any appetite to record new music with Slash and Duff. I also doubt the label wants to burn their last GNR release on an album of CD era material. If they were going to release CD II, they wouldn't have burned the material now by releasing it as singles.

I think that the only logical expectation is some sort of compilation. The Greatest Hits was a massive success. The public in general doesn't care about new CD era music. They likely wouldn't even care about new Axl/Slash music, although that would be a bit easier to market and might get more interest initially.

The new album will be a more comprehensive 2 or 3 disc 'Best Of' compilation with a handful of songs from CD, a handful of the recent singles, a few live tracks from the last near decade of touring, and the rest being the Old Guns stuff. If we're lucky, maybe the Chinese stuff included on the album like Better and TIL are studio versions of the Slash/Duff reworks of the songs. Not because they are better than the studio versions, but because it would be something new.

On 11/8/2023 at 2:00 AM, megaguns1982 said:

That ship sailed back in 2008.

although I’d say the record company are pushing for it, there just ain’t much $$$ in it as opposed to nostalgia touring.

sad to say, but pitman called it. And he was 100% right…

Thats just an excuse.  I am 10000000 percent the stones, Taylor Swift, Metallica etc dont need a penny more, but they still release them.  Its ok to say they just don't want to, but the excuses are lame.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, fabrph5 said:

Thats just an excuse.  I am 10000000 percent the stones, Taylor Swift, Metallica etc dont need a penny more, but they still release them.  Its ok to say they just don't want to, but the excuses are lame.

That’s because those artists appreciate their fans and are still about the art.

I believe that when it comes to Slash and Duff, they have their side projects to keep their creativity flowing but GnR is the touring cash cow.

• Like 2