GNR members on tour during the break

1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

I guess they don't want attention on GN'R probably because of the lawsuits, since every little thing they say about GN'R in an interview will be reposted on sites like Blabbermouth and those "second-hand" articles usually incorporate other recent related news, so it could be like "Slash said this about GN'R... In other related news, Axl Rose has been sued..." etc.

I do not agree that Is for the lawsuits, I agree with the poster who said Is because they don't know GNR future, AND the fact that Slash Will go on tour of that solo album AND he Will record another SMKC atrocity, tells me that Will not hear anything about GNR until 2025-2026, if....

16 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

I would take Slash in GNR where he belongs over more SMKC albums. It was an easy trade 

I was always pro reunion, and I'm happy that we got the chance to see them live again but imo there should be a full length album of new music that goes hand in hand with a reunion... if that ain't gonna happen at some point I'd go with any decision that means new music instead 

On 12/28/2023 at 5:24 AM, Blackstar said:

New Slash interview promoting the SMKC shows in Argentina (in Spanish):

https://www.clarin.com/espectaculos/vuelve-slash-guns-nroses-heroe-guitarra-cuenta-rebeldia-rock-espiritu-antisistema_0_ZNiaFF5uYk.html

GN'R related questions were not allowed. He says that his solo album will be released after the SMKC tour and there will be a tour in support of it (cool), and after that he'll record another SMKC album (meh). Auto-translation:

-Slash and the Conspirators' last album came out almost two years ago. What expectations do you have for 2024 and what projects are you thinking about?

-I am very happy with the idea of extending this tour, since initially we only did it in the US. I think that was early last year. So I'm really looking forward to doing this tour. And then now that COVID is over and done as much damage as possible, we can try to get back into a regular pattern of recording and touring.

So at some point next year I'd like to get into the studio and start recording the next record and then figure out when that tour is going to happen. And then I have a record that I made recently that focuses mainly on blues, some old school rock and R&B. And that will come out after the tour with the Conspirators. I'm looking forward to that as there will be a tour to support it as well. So those are really the most immediate things happening right now.

Happy to hear that there will be another SMKC album and also a tour for the other solo album. Hope he keeps Todd, Fitz, and Frank for that tour.

On 12/28/2023 at 6:54 AM, Georgina Arriaga said:

Thank you. Excellent translation. I read an interview with Duff, questions about GNR were banned too. I wonder why, I can only think if they allowed the GNR questions, all Will be about that.

On 12/28/2023 at 7:39 AM, Voodoochild said:

I think it’s just that they don’t want to divert attention to what they are actually promoting. Also because they probably don’t have a clue about what will happen with GNR anyways, so it’s better to not create any expectation. 

Yes that's it exactly, they don't want the interview sidetracked with GnR questions when they're wanting to talk about SMKC or whatever.

• Like 1
  • PERHAPS 1

1 hour ago, MaskingApathy said:

Happy to hear that there will be another SMKC album and also a tour for the other solo album. Hope he keeps Todd, Fitz, and Frank for that tour.

Yes that's it exactly, they don't want the interview sidetracked with GnR questions when they're wanting to talk about SMKC or whatever.

Happy New Year to you! :hug:

• Thanks 1

On 12/28/2023 at 7:24 AM, Blackstar said:

New Slash interview promoting the SMKC shows in Argentina (in Spanish):

https://www.clarin.com/espectaculos/vuelve-slash-guns-nroses-heroe-guitarra-cuenta-rebeldia-rock-espiritu-antisistema_0_ZNiaFF5uYk.html

GN'R related questions were not allowed. He says that his solo album will be released after the SMKC tour and there will be a tour in support of it (cool), and after that he'll record another SMKC album (meh). Auto-translation:

-Slash and the Conspirators' last album came out almost two years ago. What expectations do you have for 2024 and what projects are you thinking about?

-I am very happy with the idea of extending this tour, since initially we only did it in the US. I think that was early last year. So I'm really looking forward to doing this tour. And then now that COVID is over and done as much damage as possible, we can try to get back into a regular pattern of recording and touring.

So at some point next year I'd like to get into the studio and start recording the next record and then figure out when that tour is going to happen. And then I have a record that I made recently that focuses mainly on blues, some old school rock and R&B. And that will come out after the tour with the Conspirators. I'm looking forward to that as there will be a tour to support it as well. So those are really the most immediate things happening right now.

So the blues album is already recorded? Damn. I thought he was recording it in 2024. Honestly, I do think slowing down and spending more time on writing would really benefit his work outside Guns.

Based on his blues noodling with Govt Mule, I'm a bit worried for this blues album. He tends to revert to really simple and overused licks when it comes to blues.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...