Rare Axl pics Stephen and Sharon Bailey

On 1/6/2024 at 6:27 AM, Karice said:

My God even when Axl was a 5 year old you could see the tension in Axl's Stepfather Stephen's face.  Axl looks HAPPY 😁  but Stephen looks uncomfortable, unhappy and confused like,"WHY is this random kid I don't know hugging me? Get this random kid I don't know away from me!" 🥶Axl looks like he's hugging his FATHER😁, Stephen looks like Axl is a complete Stranger to him. What a disturbing picture on Stephen's side. 🥶

:facepalm:

46 minutes ago, DoMw94 said:

It shouldn't exist at all! A thread dedicated to talk about abuse suffered by a stranger? What the fuck. Fans can get way too weird at times.

And that's not necessarily directed at you, either, more the idea in general. Pics were shared, cool, whatever, but now it's a whodunit about abuse suffered by a guy none of us actually know. Oh dear

Yup

• GNFNR 1

14 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

I quickly went through what I have written about this earlier: (14) 13. JULY-NOVEMBER 1991: USE YOUR ILLUSIONS ARE OUT, SO IS IZZY (a-4-d.com)

I can't see Axl accusing his stepfather of sexually abusing him. He accuses him of sexually abusing his half-sister (Amy) and of beating himself, and he speaks of a sexually repressed and religiously extreme childhood and a mother that didn't intervene or protect him - but not that his stepfather sexually abused him.

He does claim that his biological father sexually abused him when he was 2, though. Personally I doubt how much one can remember from that age. Many of these memories also came out of "regression therapy" which is scientific nonsense.

Still, there is no doubt Axl was abused as a child and grew up under terrible circumstances. I just don't see him accusing his stepfather for sexually abusing him and I am wary about accepting memories that result from regression therapy.

On this topic, it is my personal opinion that Axl's second trauma stemming from the abuse he experienced as a child came when he opened up about this to the media in 1991-1992, likely in the hope of getting some understanding and sympathy from a media that was becoming increasingly hostile towards him, but if backfired.

Agree about "regression theraphy"  is an trickster thing. Sadly naive people fall in it pseud-science.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Karice said:

Admins, delete this post if it is out of line, but.... All this talk of Axl's abuse in a thread that is supposed to be about happy moments in Axl's life is  weird. Shouldn't the talk about Axl's childhood abuse be a SEPARATE thread? Not in a thread in his happy family moments?I did mention Axl's childhood abuse in this thread myself but it just hit me literally one minute ago that talk about Axl's childhood abuse is actually hijacking this thread. 🤔💡

Karice don’t… 🎵🎶 

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Yes, that's the story about being sexually abused by his biological father when he was two, which was the result of regression therapy.

But there's a separate unconfirmed story about sexual abuse from his stepfather that Axl would have been old enough to have memories of without the help of regression therapy. That other story has not been made public by Axl - Axl has accused his stepfather only of physical abuse and of sexual abuse of his sister - but by other people who said that they heard it from him.

It seems likely to me that those two people simply got "father" and "stepfather" confused.

In one of the interviews, Axl said, "With the help of regression therapy I uncovered that my real dad, not my stepdad, sexually abused me."

I wonder if what he meant was that he had previously thought that it was his stepdad who sexually abused him (before uncovering that it was actually his real dad). Or did he just emphasize that it wasn't his stepdad because he didn't want the reader to be confused about which dad he was talking about?

On 1/7/2024 at 5:45 PM, Avillart said:

No, he actually started the therapy after having memory flashes and the feeling that it happened, resulting in overwhelming psychological stress and what others would observe as irrational behaviour. It's the deprogramming starting which is dangerous when it happens without professional guidance. It can happen when you're driving (like in his case) and other "routine" activities and it can put your life in danger. And this is how it usually starts and the reason why people decide to do regression and/or hypnotherapy. 

That's not exactly what he said. He didn't say anything about memory flashes. It was merely a thought that crossed his mind. This is the exact quote: "I suspected it about two years ago, because all of a sudden the thought crossed my mind. When it crossed my mind I had to stop the car and I just broke down crying. Such an outpouring had never come out of me."

44 minutes ago, Scream of the Butterfly said:

That's not exactly what he said. He didn't say anything about memory flashes. It was merely a thought that crossed his mind. This is the exact quote: "I suspected it about two years ago, because all of a sudden the thought crossed my mind. When it crossed my mind I had to stop the car and I just broke down crying. Such an outpouring had never come out of me."

That may be the version you know. 

The source for the abuse by Axl's stepfather comes from two different sources. The first is two different interviews with Beta Lebeis (Bolsa De Mulher and O Globo), where she states that Axl's stepfather abused him sexually.

\-[Bolsa De Mulher](https://www.a-4-d.com/t4758-2001-01-22-bolsa-de-mulher-interview-with-beta-lebeis): >! "He left home very young. His stepfather used to beat him a lot and he even abused him sexually. This has made him timid. I’m not quite sure, but I think he left Lafayette when he was 14 or 15 years old. Now he’s 38." !<

\- [O Globo](https://www.a-4-d.com/t4741-2001-01-16-o-globo-interview-with-doug-goldstein-and-beta-lebeis): >! "...If we fight and he gets mad, I know that it doesn't mean he doesn't love me. But most people just walk away. He was raped (by his stepfather as a child), abused, beaten. He never really had a family. He sees my relationship with my children and it’s something he never had,” she says, referring to the well-known dramas in Axl's life. !<

The second source is the BBC documentary on GN'R called *The Most Dangerous Band In The World*. In the doc, Tom Zutaut reads back a message Axl privately sent him in 1990, which details (pretty graphically) what Axl's stepfather was doing to him and his sister.

Tom Zutaut quoting Axl:

>! "I know I've said no... but I wanna do this Rolling Stone interview and expose my stepfather for the monster he is and was. You know, he used to take me to an airforce museum and rape me in the toilets there. In the toilet stalls. You know, my mom wouldn't believe me and I used to get beaten for making up lies. I wanna use Rolling Stone because they've been bugging me to do this interview for so long, but I don't want them to put a white-wash on the story, I want it to come out as ugly and harsh as it is," because it was happening to his sister as well and he said "If even one kid reads this interview and it spares them this pain, I wanna help them." !<

Axl mentioned the Air Force Museum (Wright Brothers Museum) from the stage in Dayton, OH, in January 1992:

Axl: *I’m gonna ask some questions, especially since we’re in the Midwest.  And you all know how that’s just one of my “favorite” places. No  offense, but if you believe that – I mean, my stepdad is from here in  Dayton and I used to come here when I was a kid. This is not a pleasant  place for me to be. But I got to realize that it doesn’t have anything  to do with you who came to see the show. I know all about the Wilbur and  Orville Wright Museum - I’ve been there too many times.*  

[Source](https://www.a-4-d.com/t1880-1992-01-13-erwin-nutter-center-dayton-usa#14197)

20 hours ago, meadsoap said:

The second source is the BBC documentary on GN'R called *The Most Dangerous Band In The World*. In the doc, Tom Zutaut reads back a message Axl privately sent him in 1990, which details (pretty graphically) what Axl's stepfather was doing to him and his sister.

I just went back to check and he's not reading any message Axl sent him and there's no mention of 1990.

This is of some relevance, because if it was a message Axl sent him, and not just Zutaut going by memory of something Axl said to him decades ago, we could be more confident that those were Axl's actual words. And if it happened in 1990, before Axl started regression therapy, I suppose that would add credibility to the accusations.

1 hour ago, Scream of the Butterfly said:

I just went back to check and he's not reading any message Axl sent him and there's no mention of 1990.

This is of some relevance, because if it was a message Axl sent him, and not just Zutaut going by memory of something Axl said to him decades ago, we could be more confident that those were Axl's actual words. And if it happened in 1990, before Axl started regression therapy, I suppose that would add credibility to the accusations.

Tom Zutaut said that Axl talked to him about it during the recording of the vocals for the Illusions. That would make it somewhere between October 1990 and early 1991. I would guess it was more likely in the fall of 1990, because after that Axl would have a falling out with Tom Zutaut.

Edited by Blackstar
correction

49 minutes ago, Scream of the Butterfly said:

I'm pretty sure the documentary does mention the time period, but I'll check myself.

Anyway, Axl's rant in Dayton Ohio confirms a significant aspect of Tom Zutaut's recollection of what Axl said. The Air Force museum. 

Axl started regression therapy shortly before or on the UYI tour in 1991, which is after Axl's interactions with Zutaut. So if the timeline matches, then Axl's recollections of his stepfathers abuse predates the regression therapy, unlike the recollection of his biological father.

49 minutes ago, Scream of the Butterfly said:

Edited by meadsoap

• 1 month later...

This quote is from George Chin and he's talking about the show at the Deer Creek Music Center, Indiana, in May 1991. It appears that Axl was still on good terms with his family (at least superficially) at that point in time, which is kind of surprising, even more so if he had already told Zutaut that he was going to expose his stepfather for the monster he was. I think it's more likely that the interaction with Zutaut happened at some point later that year, but who knows.

George Chin: "Indianapolis is where Axl and Izzy grew up. At this gig, Axl sent a stretch to collect his granny and family from Lafayette, to come to the gig. The driver had orders to bring back ice-cream and pizzas from this one store in Lafayette where Axl used to hang out when he was a kid, and after the show, Axl and his family had a real homely reunion. Axl's granny was an older female version of him. She knew all the words to all the Guns N' Roses songs and she sang along at the gig."

• Like 1