Rare Axl pics Stephen and Sharon Bailey

1 minute ago, megaguns1982 said:

This may be before Axl did all of that past regression therapy, at this point he may not have remembered a lot of childhood stuff.  

Yes,  i always had doubt about it regression therapy.

4 minutes ago, megaguns1982 said:

This may be before Axl did all of that past regression therapy, at this point he may not have remembered a lot of childhood stuff.  

Oh he did remember the abuse he suffered at Stephen's hand, even used to discuss it with his grandmother. The regression therapy he started after having memory flashes of abuse by his biological father. He may have been put on drugs back then (the needle) and the abuse may have been part of programming (hints that other people were involved). He did regression therapy to access this and to work on the deprogramming.  

1 hour ago, Ratam said:

I not are in the Axl skin, but my opinion is i would forgive physical abuse but never sexual abuse. Sexual abuse an little kid is in my opinion unforgivable.

We don't really know what happened there, as Axl himself hasn't said anything about sexual abuse by his stepfather. But we also have to take into consideration that Axl's family background seems to have been fucked up in many ways. His parents were fanatic with religion and who knows, IF there was sexual abuse, what Axl's stepfather might have been telling him e.g. about the "devil" making him do or think bad things etc.

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

We don't really know what happened there, as Axl himself hasn't said anything about sexual abuse by his stepfather. But we also have to take into consideration that Axl's family background seems to have been fucked up in many ways. His parents were fanatic with religion and who knows, IF there was sexual abuse, what Axl's stepfather might have been telling him e.g. about the "devil" making him do or think bad things etc.

Agreed. I guess until own Axl has doubt about if some horrible happened. I think back then people has been problems in to face the cruel truth.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ratam said:

I don't understand, accord Axl his stepfather abused of him, then Axl gifted he BMW. At least is weird.

I know its weird looking at it from the outside in, but its actually pretty common for abuse victims to try and constantly earn the love/appreciation of their abuser, even if they hate them or are afraid of them. Particularly when the abuser is a parent or authority figure. I am sure this was before Axl started therapy and went completely no contact with them and was desperate to have a family. And it seems like he's always liked big gestures and buying stuff for people, I get the feeling Axl is one of those people whose love languages is gift giving, so this was probably just his way of trying to buy their love 

3 minutes ago, BluegrassBlues said:

I know its weird looking at it from the outside in, but its actually pretty common for abuse victims to try and constantly earn the love/appreciation of their abuser, even if they hate them or are afraid of them. Particularly when the abuser is a parent or authority figure. I am sure this was before Axl started therapy and went completely no contact with them and was desperate to have a family. And it seems like he's always liked big gestures and buying stuff for people, I get the feeling Axl is one of those people whose love languages is gift giving, so this was probably just his way of trying to buy their love 

Maybe  my defect is look it with eyes too much rational and from my own perspective. You right, is easy look outside.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, D4NNY said:

I believe his brother you’re on about is Stuart and he had really long red hair similar to Axls so he definitely doesn’t match the dude in that picture with the car, so I’m assuming that is Stephen. 

This is Stuart

image.jpeg.b68688d982c2711a3440dc71c5d3adc7.jpeg

image.jpeg.cf09f36d29d0dfedbcf74a6f51160b8c.jpeg

Stuart looks like he could be a member of Lynyrd Skynyrd.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Free Bird said:

Sexual abuse isn't confirmed if I'm informed correctly. 

It's confirmed by Axl, according to two people who know Axl and said he confessed it to them. I don't think 2 unrelated people would make that up out of thin air.

The other person who posted these pictures just said they didn't know. But they made it clear they don't know Axl personally, so they're hardly an authority on it. 

Edited by meadsoap

17 minutes ago, Karice said:

Axl wasn't SEXUALLY abused by Stephen, he was PHYSICALLY abused by Stephen. The one who SEXUALLY abused Axl was Axl's biological father, William Rose Senior. 🥶

So, according to you, Axl lied to multiple people about being sexually abused by his stepfather? That's basically what you're saying.

If so...Why do you think that?

17 minutes ago, meadsoap said:

So, according to you, Axl lied to multiple people about being sexually abused by his stepfather? That's basically what you're saying.

If so...Why do you think that?

Or she could just be wrong? Karice hasn't been a fan as long as many of us have, & may not have as much info/back story on things.

That does not mean she suggesting anybody is lying. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Free Bird said:

It's not confirmed because what Axl was talking about were his memories he achieved from this regression therapy. That means, he thinks he's remembering something that probably has never happened. That's not "confirmed" by any means.

Yes, that's the story about being sexually abused by his biological father when he was two, which was the result of regression therapy.

But there's a separate unconfirmed story about sexual abuse from his stepfather that Axl would have been old enough to have memories of without the help of regression therapy. That other story has not been made public by Axl - Axl has accused his stepfather only of physical abuse and of sexual abuse of his sister - but by other people who said that they heard it from him.

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

It shouldn't really matter or be discussed imo who he was sexually or "just" physically abused as a kid. 

it's abuse, but it's still 2 very different types of abuse. Different hardcore fans care about different aspects of the band members in Gn'R. A lot of fans can't help themselves and be interested in what exactly happened with Gn'R, the music and the lives of the members in the band so how do you decide what is appropriate to talk about and what is not? 

I get there is a creepy element of trying to understand details of the lives of celebrities you don't even know, but nowdays a lot of musicians themselves are opening up about shit they went through way more often and Axl has been open about it in the past, so I don't really see anything wrong with it as long as the boundries of it are still being respected by following forum rules and not be a fuckin' stalker or some shit.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Rovim said:

it's abuse, but it's still 2 very different types of abuse. Different hardcore fans care about different aspects of the band members in Gn'R. A lot of fans can't help themselves and be interested in what exactly happened with Gn'R, the music and the lives of the members in the band so how do you decide what is appropriate to talk about and what is not? 

I get there is a creepy element of trying to understand details of the lives of celebrities you don't even know, but nowdays a lot of musicians themselves are opening up about shit they went through way more often and Axl has been open about it in the past, so I don't really see anything wrong with it as long as the boundries of it are still being respected by following forum rules and not be a fuckin' stalker or some shit.

I get that. I think it's just a bit crossing the line of fandom to discuss the sexual abuse someone took from whom and when. Imagine Axl stopping by and seeing people arguing over who he was sexually abused by. It's creepy

• Like 4

Admins, delete this post if it is out of line, but.... All this talk of Axl's abuse in a thread that is supposed to be about happy moments in Axl's life is  weird. Shouldn't the talk about Axl's childhood abuse be a SEPARATE thread? Not in a thread in his happy family moments?I did mention Axl's childhood abuse in this thread myself but it just hit me literally one minute ago that talk about Axl's childhood abuse is actually hijacking this thread. 🤔💡

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

I think an important point here is that Axl himself went public with his childhood abuse. He wanted it to be known, he wanted it to be part of the public discourse. This is not people digging into the secret past of a celebrity or speculating about things that are meant to be secret.

And as Axl himself pointed out when he explained why he went public, it might not excuse or totally explain Axl's own violent or abusive behavior, but it certainly adds context and background to it. At the time when he decided to go public (although he had hinted towards it in earlier interviews, too), Axl was getting lots of criticism for the lyrical content of the band's songs and accusations of sexism and misogyny because of their behavior.

Axl: I got a lot of violent, abusive thoughts toward women out of watching my mom with this man. I was two years old, very impressionable, and saw this. I figured that's how you treat a woman. And I basically put thoughts together about how sex is power and sex leaves you powerless, and picked up a lot of distorted views that I've had to live my life with. No matter what I was trying to be, there was this other thing telling me how it was, because of what I'd seen [Rolling Stone, April 2, 1992].

As a digression: people scoff when people who abuse point to their own history of being abuse victims as an explanation. The rationale is that as a victim yourself you should know better. But it is not that simple. An abuse victim might not correctly identify the abuser as the problem. A child that is hit because he broke a glass might not see that it is the father who hit him that is the problem and that it is the hit that is the abuse. The child might just be left with feelings of being hurt, shameful and fear and be imprinted that violence is a normal response under certain circumstances in a relationship. That normalization of abuse means that it becomes easier for that person himself to react the same way later on. Violence begets violence, also in families. IT is hard to break the cycle even if you connect hurtful feelings to it. Axl, at the very least, was aware of being damaged and tried to break the pattern of behavior by seeking professional help.  

I know Axl talked about it openly. But as the poster above pointed out: it's his story which is a very intimate and delicate one. Random people discussing who sexually abused Axl on a forum just doesn't feel right.