Things about Guns N'Roses that you found out recently? 💡🤔😀

6 hours ago, EvanG said:

I remember a discussion on here about this many years ago. Some poster, I forgot the name, who claimed to be an Izzy expert and studied his guitar playing or some shit like that, was convinced it was Izzy playing that solo.

iirc our first interaction. I wish I could say it was hazy, but I remember being a triggered idiot to you heh. The crazy years. I also remember you cracking jokes and lying about your opinion sarcastically. It's an interesting forum. Can't you hear it's Slash fuckin' wailing in there? there can only be one.

5 hours ago, EvanG said:

I think you're mixing it up. Rovim was talking about the Double Talkin Jive solo and so am I.

you know me well

• GNFNR 1

1 hour ago, Ratam said:

Someone knew which is the reason about his "Mother Goose"?

It was an inside joke that started on here around 2009-2010. There was a borderline parody site called Eat My Silkworms which was based on the premise that Silkworms (now Absurd) was the greatest GNR song of all time and Chris Pitman was secretly the band's creative genius. That site coined the Mother Goose nickname and acted as a cultish fanclub for him, but almost entirely ironically. The joke caught on sufficiently that the band eventually got wind of it.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, axlslash said:

It was an inside joke that started on here around 2009-2010. There was a borderline parody site called Eat My Silkworms which was based on the premise that Silkworms (now Absurd) was the greatest GNR song of all time and Chris Pitman was secretly the band's creative genius. That site coined the Mother Goose nickname and acted as a cultish fanclub for him, but almost entirely ironically. The joke caught on sufficiently that the band eventually got wind of it.

There's even that photo somewhere of Axl holding up a sign with the site name on lol, i cant find it but here is a link to an archive of the site

https://web.archive.org/web/20070127200135/http://www.eatmysilkworms.com/

i136923412_20326_5.jpg

i134103283_70567_5.jpg

EATMYSILKWORMS NEWSLETTER
(HAPPY NEW YEARS)
Wow!   What a year 2006 was for Pitmaniacs, worldwide!   Mother Goose blazed a trail across US and Europe, playing some of the biggest shows of his career.

It was also a hell of a year for EAT MY SILKWORMS, the web’s first and only Chris Pitman fan site.   We went from a humble little website with crappy graphics and no hits to a humble little website with crappy graphics and over 12,000 hits from over 6,500 different computers!  
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, axlslash said:

I think the nickname Moher Goose came earlier - Brain would say Pitman went by that nick when he joined the band in 2000.

Brain: Yeah, I mean, Mother Goose was how I first heard his name, you know, it's like Buckets said, "Hey, there's this guy Mother Goose that's pretty rad," you know [...] [Appetite for Distortion, January 11, 2018].

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Karice changed the title to Things about Guns N'Roses that you found out recently? 💡🤔😀

I recently found out there is a picture of five year old Axl hugging his Stepfather, Stephen Bailey.  💡

I recently found out that Axl's voice cracks in the Riverport Concert Riot video when he sings "Favors," 🤣🤭

I recently found out that the "Siren noise," at the beginning of Welcome To The Jungle isn't a Siren at all, it's Axl WAILING! 😳😀

6 minutes ago, Old_school_gnr_fan said:

I found out that “The General” sucks.

I don't get this one. I listened to "The General," and it sounds good to me. Haunting, beautiful, chilling, melancholy.  💡

Edited by Karice

2 hours ago, Blackstar said:

That Izzy jammed on stage with Candy (the band Gilby was in) in late 1986 (it looks like it was at the Cathouse on New Year's Eve).

Gilby has mentioned that he knew everyone in GN'R (and Izzy in particular) from the scene before he joined the band, but I don't think I knew that.

1986_119.jpg

1986_120.jpg

We knew of Gilby with an more " normal" look. In the UYI era.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Ratam said:

We knew of Gilby with an more " normal" look. In the UYI era.

I have a confession to make. I JUST found out how Gilby Clarke looks TODAY, through this thread! 💡🤪

• Like 1

I recently learned that Izzy gives Axl a concerned look at the Riverport Concert Riot, even BEFORE Axl says,"Hey take that, grab that guy and take it now, I'll take it God damnit!" And jumps into the crowd and nips the Security Guard on the head. I recently learned that a man named Stump and his Gang Friends had been harassing Axl throughout the Concert and even said something like,"Real cute, Axl." So of course Izzy looked at Axl with a concerned look even before the infamous things happened

🤔💡