Things about Guns N'Roses that you found out recently? 💡🤔😀

I found out recently that Izzy plays the guitar solo on Back Off Bitch! 💡😳 I ALWAYS thought SLASH was the one who played the guitar solo, but no, it is IZZY. 💡😳

Edited by Karice
  • Like 1

That after the last show of the UYI tour Axl went back to his hotel in Buenos Aires, Argentina & played Let It Be, Sweet Home Alabama and a completely unknown piece that may have been something he was working on.

Edited by Rindmelon
spelling
  • Like 2
  • Wow 1

Not today, but:

- Doug Goldstein is a devoted believer. Weird for his line of work. 
https://www.movieguide.org/dr-baehrs-blog/testimony-of-former-guns-n-roses-manager-doug-goldstein-i-know-that-if-it-is-gods-will-he-will-provide-a-way.html

- Axl got knocked over by a car when he was 12 and ended up in a hospital. 
- S. Bailey knocked down two cyclists when Axl was 15. 
- His bio father kidnapped him for a while, later disappeared from Lafayette, and eventually was shot dead around 1987 (by somebody named Faulkner). 
https://postimg.cc/w12rX3W0

14 hours ago, Karice said:

I JUST found out today that Izzy plays the guitar solo on Back Off Bitch! 💡😳 I ALWAYS thought SLASH was the one who played the guitar solo, but no, it is IZZY. 💡😳

I'm pretty sure Izzy only plays the lead part which is the intro. The solo in the middle is still Slash.

Izzy does play the solo on the recorded version of Double Talkin Jive.

15 hours ago, Rindmelon said:

That after the last show of the UYI tour Axl went back to his hotel in Buenos Aires, Argentina & played Let It Be, Sweet Home Alabama and a completely unknown piece that may have been something he was working on.

wouldn't be suprised if it was an early version of TIL

• PERHAPS 1

49 minutes ago, Cosmo said:

Yesterday I realized GnR could call it a day any year now, and whenever that happens, these boards are gonna lose a lot of activity

This forum has already lost like 80% of the activity it had just a few years back. Just the beggars & hangers on (pun intended) still left here ... 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, guitar1281 said:

Izzy does play the solo on the recorded version of Double Talkin Jive.

actually, he doesn't, it's Slash. the booklet crediting it to Izzy was a mistake. 

• Like 3
  • Wow 1

7 hours ago, 2020_Intensions said:

This forum has already lost like 80% of the activity it had just a few years back. Just the beggars & hangers on (pun intended) still left here ... 

this year has been okay, overall, activity-wise. It isn’t like in the past, but not bad

• Like 2

11 hours ago, 2020_Intensions said:

The General/Monsters leak revitalized this forum quite a bit though.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, 2020_Intensions said:

don't like it? can always fuck off :heart:

11 hours ago, Rovim said:

actually, he doesn't, it's Slash. the booklet crediting it to Izzy was a mistake. 

I remember a discussion on here about this many years ago. Some poster, I forgot the name, who claimed to be an Izzy expert and studied his guitar playing or some shit like that, was convinced it was Izzy playing that solo.

• ABSUЯD 1

On 1/8/2024 at 4:25 AM, Karice said:

I JUST found out today that Izzy plays the guitar solo on Back Off Bitch! 💡😳 I ALWAYS thought SLASH was the one who played the guitar solo, but no, it is IZZY. 💡😳

12 hours ago, Rovim said:

I don’t know how it’s credited in the booklet but as far as I know Izzy plays the intro with Slash’s rig. 
Solo is played by Slash.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, EvanG said:

I remember a discussion on here about this many years ago. Some poster, I forgot the name, who claimed to be an Izzy expert and studied his guitar playing or some shit like that, was convinced it was Izzy playing that solo.

You are mixing things up :lol:

That discussion was about Double Talking Jive

Just now, Free Bird said:

You are mixing things up :lol:

That discussion was about Double Talking Jive

I think you're mixing it up. Rovim was talking about the Double Talkin Jive solo and so am I.

On 1/7/2024 at 10:30 PM, SoulMonster said:

That Dizzy wanted to be an archaeologist. 

That Rob Gardner never misspelled "Axl".

Even PROFESSIONALS have spelled his name as Axel before. 🥴 I saw a news report write,"Axel Rose," before changing it to Axl Rose.🥴 I saw a Marquee say something like,"Axel Rose from Guns N'Roses performing here on August 27th, 1988." 🥴 Has Axl ever said something like,"My first name doesn't have an e in it?" 🤔

1 hour ago, EvanG said:

I think you're mixing it up. Rovim was talking about the Double Talkin Jive solo and so am I.

I thought Rovim reacted to Karice initial post. My bad if not.

Edit: Ok, just scrolled up, and you’re right.