VERY very cool interview w/ Tommy Stinson.

20 hours ago, bmus1 said:

Am I right in saying Tommy/Finck/Tobias/Freese/Dizzy is the "band" behind over half of those songs (including some of the Village instrumentals)?

I think so too, I like thinking those are the key components of that album. But It’s cool that there are songs like Shacklers and Sorry that are Buckethead demos that made the cut. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, DeNfr said:

a little disappointed that he didn't shit on Ashba :bitchfight:

He did say that the only guitarist he got along with the entire time was Finck, so he did shit on Ashba indirectly (and everyone else, for that matter).

Whats interesting is that Slash, Duff, Matt, and now Stinson have either directly or indirectly shat on Paul Tobias. That dude must be really difficult to get along with…

• Like 2

I can easily understand that Tommy found Bucket weird but I always had a hard time understanding
why he didn't like Ron, who has an independent and kinda punkish background I thought he could
have made the connection with the others and had him accepted in the band but instead he
probably make things worse by mocking and bullying him which I find unacceptable.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, DeNfr said:

I can easily understand that Tommy found Bucket weird but I always had a hard time understanding
why he didn't like Ron, who has an independent and kinda punkish background I thought he could
have made the connection with the others and had him accepted in the band but instead he
probably make things worse by mocking and bullying him which I find unacceptable.

Just speculating- but if 2 of Tommy's best buds in the "Guns Family" to this day are Robin n' Fortus , and those guys had reportedly worked really hard to put a "2 guitar" version of the band together post-Bucket that everyone thought was pretty cool- he probably wasn't too thrilled to welcome in another virtuoso guitarist, with an alternate name/persona, etc. on the fly. Toss in the fact that Ron's a tough "New Yorker"-type personality (which he openly admits I'm pretty sure), and the clashes were probably inevitable.

That said, I always felt everyone seemed to be having a good time live- particularly the 2009-14 version of the band- which appeared to almost be a touring rock n' roll frat party of sorts. So credit to them there.

Lastly, don't know about bullying- but never cool obviously...

Edited by AXL_N_DIZZY
  • Like 1

On 2/12/2024 at 6:35 AM, AXL_N_DIZZY said:

Just speculating- but if 2 of Tommy's best buds in the "Guns Family" to this day are Robin n' Fortus , and those guys had reportedly worked really hard to put a "2 guitar" version of the band together post-Bucket that everyone thought was pretty cool- 

I always thought that Robin, Richard, Tommy, Brain and Axl and I guess Dizzy would be a really cool band and probably would have been a lot better than everything else that we got.  

Sad we never got that lineup 

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

On 2/12/2024 at 8:35 AM, AXL_N_DIZZY said:

Toss in the fact that Ron's a tough "New Yorker"-type personality (which he openly admits I'm pretty sure), and the clashes were probably inevitable.

What does this mean? I think Richard lived in NY back then, so at least he would be more used to this style. 

On 2/11/2024 at 12:38 PM, MYWIFEMYLIFE said:

DJ is a nice dude, he may not be cool or look lame with his outfit, he is talented and an easygoing dude.

Strongly disagree about him being talented.

10 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

What does this mean? I think Richard lived in NY back then, so at least he would be more used to this style. 

nicknamed "shank" by Axl, Bumble once pulled a knife on a dude that refused to pay Bumble what he was owed for his work. When the bullying by Tommy and I guess maybe some of the other guys to a lesser extent got silly, Bumble made some threats that it could turn violent if they didn't stop giving him shit and then I think they stopped giving him shit.

2 hours ago, Rovim said:

nicknamed "shank" by Axl, Bumble once pulled a knife on a dude that refused to pay Bumble what he was owed for his work. When the bullying by Tommy and I guess maybe some of the other guys to a lesser extent got silly, Bumble made some threats that it could turn violent if they didn't stop giving him shit and then I think they stopped giving him shit.

I see. Didn't know this was a NY style.