Film Thread

ssiscool

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally got round to watching Drive. Brilliant film.

and a real hero

a real human being

:(

Crazy Stupid Love was a lot better than I expected it to be too.

Drive is amazing, I think it might be my best of the year so far. And the soundtrack is phenomenal. Also agree on Crazy Stupid Love, although mostly because I'm in crush mode for both Gosling and Emma Stone at the moment. It does get awfully queasy at the end though (romcoms always do, I guess).

and a real hero

a real human being

Drive is amazing, I think it might be my best of the year so far. And the soundtrack is phenomenal. Also agree on Crazy Stupid Love, although mostly because I'm in crush mode for both Gosling and Emma Stone at the moment. It does get awfully queasy at the end though (romcoms always do, I guess).

It did get a bit silly towards the end but that was expected. But I honestly didn't see the little 'twist' coming which is something I usually can't say after watching a romcom.

Completely agree with you on Drive. Nothing's topped it this year, although I still haven't seen Melancholia or Tree of Life. I got drunk the other night and almost bought this before realising there was no way i'd be able to pull it off without looking like a complete tool.

i dont see the big fuss about drive. it was good but not great. i found the pacing a bit too slow at times, although i see what they were trying to do. also for a movie named "drive" about a getaway driver, it lacked an epic car chase

the special effects were excellent though

and a real hero

a real human being

It did get a bit silly towards the end but that was expected. But I honestly didn't see the little 'twist' coming which is something I usually can't say after watching a romcom.

Completely agree with you on Drive. Nothing's topped it this year, although I still haven't seen Melancholia or Tree of Life. I got drunk the other night and almost bought this before realising there was no way i'd be able to pull it off without looking like a complete tool.

Tree of Life was the most mundane psuedo-intelligent piece of shit I've ever seen.

It had an entire section of classical music and random space pictures that went on for 20 minutes as a way of describing the creation of the universe which had basically nothing to do with anything else.

So, it's almost Halloweentime! I'm starting to get my horror movies lined up, so far I've got:

The Woman (just released to limited theaters, it looks really good)

Drag Me To Hell (Loved this movie when I saw it last year, gotta watch it again this year)

Saw (The first one is the best, and I haven't seen it in a long time so I'll give it a watch again)

I'll probably watch Bram Stoker's Dracula again, too...

What Halloweentime movies do you guys recommend?

So, it's almost Halloweentime! I'm starting to get my horror movies lined up, so far I've got:

The Woman (just released to limited theaters, it looks really good)

Drag Me To Hell (Loved this movie when I saw it last year, gotta watch it again this year)

Saw (The first one is the best, and I haven't seen it in a long time so I'll give it a watch again)

I'll probably watch Bram Stoker's Dracula again, too...

What Halloweentime movies do you guys recommend?

Army of Darkness

Phantasm

Nightmare On Elm Street 3: Dream Warriors

Dead Snow

Freddy VS Jason

grave20of20the20fireflies20dvd_108128450.jpg

Just saw this. I think it is the best film I have ever seen. No other movie has made me feel so... devastated. Utterly tragic. Superb movie, superb voice acting (Japanese), great soundtrack and lovely animation.

Even if you don't like animated movies, this film can't be missed.