Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

1 minute ago, RussTCB said:

We honestly have no idea. 

How do you know it is mygnr.com and not mygnrforum.com that he is angry with. In fairness it would make more sense for it to be the latter as people can be critical here. A bio on the other hand is harmless 

1 minute ago, Jackie Treehorn said:

How do you know it is mygnr.com and not mygnrforum.com that he is angry with. In fairness it would make more sense for it to be the latter as people can be critical here. A bio on the other hand is harmless 

He sent us a message a while back on this. He said that his problem was specifically with what was in his bio on mygnr.com. We explained that we don't control mygnr.com but he didn't seem to understand that.

He sent us a message a while back on this. He said that his problem was specifically with what was in his bio on mygnr.com. We explained that we don't control mygnr.com but he didn't seem to understand that.

So he said he had a problem with what was in his bio but didn't say what that was? Is he retarded? 

2 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

What does his bio on mygnr.com say?

I'm only speaking for me personally, but all I can say is that I've never had a bad interaction with Chris prior to this.

He reached out to us with a question, we answered it the best we could and apparently that wasn't good enough for him. If we could have helped him, we would have and we had absolutely no interest in engaging in any sort of war of words with him.

14 minutes ago, Jackie Treehorn said:

We had been discussing these things with him and even tried to help him get it changed.  Came as a surprise that he did this because we have told him many times we have zero control over mygnr.com. 

• Like 2

Man,some people on his Facebook  posts take "GNR message board loyalty" way too seriously. Anything this guy says they not only agree with but they straight up kiss his ass like he's handing out unreleased GNR songs. If he wasn't hacked,he's got to be out. I like Pitman but there's no reason to insult the fan base like that. Being a professional musician for as long as he has,he should know that KEYBOARD WARRIORS come with the territory. 

Edited by Subtle Signs

Does this mean that I'm am also a cunt? A big fat juicy one with puffy lips I hope.  I would like to express my sincere condolaces to him. I'm sure he'll find a much better gig now that he's free from performing with GN'R.

Finally, his statements say it all.  This forum is important in the GNR world/inner circle and there is band interest in everything we say, no matter how big or small, no matter how true or false. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Silent Jay said:

mygnr.com shows the wrong birthday. Pitman was born the 16th November 1961. not 25th February 1976.

http://www.mygnr.com/members/chris.html

then so does wiki and he doesn't seem to do anything about that. lulz! it shows a mix of these 2

Edited by StrangerInThisTown

I feel bad in that he's part of the period of the band that I hoped like hell would live up to its potential, but never really did. Not his fault. His contributions in the early 2000's were promising.

But for this reunion, he doesn't fit anyways. They may not have a firm lineup (at least publicly), but stripping the candidate list down is a move in the right direction at least.

I can't believe I'm going to defend/try to clarify Chris' comments but I don't think HE is calling it a cash grab or nostalgia tour. I think he's saying that's what others are saying and the "FU" at the end is for those saying that.

I was reading it the same way

9 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I can't believe I'm going to defend/try to clarify Chris' comments but I don't think HE is calling it a cash grab or nostalgia tour. I think he's saying that's what others are saying and the "FU" at the end is for those saying that.

Interesting. Mother Goose may not have flown the coop after all. 

I assume at the moment he himself doesn't knows if he is in the band or not, he thought he could speak on behalf was the band, but he was told to be shut up lol

There are chances of him to be there, but at the moment, the only official members of the band are Axl, Duff and Slash. 

I guess pitman and others will be informed a few weeks before the show if they have been hired or not.