Tell your story of your meeting with an ex of current member of Guns

So I thought I could start this topic since I think it might become interesting :).

I met Slash last year after his gig in Munich.I had to wait about 2 hours by the busses in the cold with about 100 other people but it was worth it all of us had to stand in a line and no photos were allowed...that pissed me of a little I knew that it was not possible for Slash to pose with all of the 100 fans but I thought someone could have just taken a pic of him and me while he was signing my item...oh well :D.So when it was my turn I was so excited I humbled "When are u coming back to Germany ?" he couldn't understand me but he started smiling and asked "Huh ?" I repeated the question this time a little clearer and he said "Next June we will be playing Rock am Ring and Rock im Park...he smiled again and I had to go on.He has such a gentle voice and I hope I will meet him this June again ;)

• Like 2

I've met Slash, Duff, Ron, DJ, Richard, Dizzy, and DJ.

The best was Ron, he actively went out of his way to meet me, let me play his guitar, talked for a while, jammed out, signed shit, etc. It was like for 30-45 minutes and was awesome.

Slash was the second coolest. Had a contact who got us into the VIP thing. They lined everyone up for pics and everyone got like a minute with Slash. My bud and I weren't supposed to be there so we were at the back of the line. Slash talked to us for like 5 minutes and was a pretty cool dude.

DJ was at a signing in Detroit for his car and I happened to be there for STP. He offered me a jager bomb and was a nice dude actually, kind of shy, but he seemed excited I had GNR stuff.

Duff was at a Walking Papers signing at Uproar fest. I brought my copy of AfD to get signed. It was a short encounter but he was pretty nice.

Next up was Richard and Dizzy at the same event. They were the lamest. Just really quiet/ shy. Not mean, or anything, but they didn't seem to care or want to be there lol

• Like 3

The best was Ron, he actively went out of his way to meet me, let me play his guitar, talked for a while, jammed out, signed shit, etc. It was like for 30-45 minutes and was awesome.

I was there with you for that! :headbang:

I've met:

Everyone in the current line up except Axl.

Everyone in the previous line up except Robin & Buckethead

Everyone in the AFD & UYI line up(s) except Axl & Izzy.

I met:

Gilby (along with Eric Singer) on one of his solo tours in the 90s.

Slash, Duff & Matt on the first VR tour.

Everyone else between the 2011 and 2012 tours.

So yeah, I've met just about everyone except my two favorite members: Robin & Axl :lol:

• Like 1

I saw Axl run by me outside of The Brooklyn Bowl. I was next to a guy who tracked his plane. It was a frightening time.

Running in sweats? Was the airport the big ones (JFK or LaGuardia) or one of the regional "billionaire" airports? I used to have one down the street from me and all the bands coming to town that flew private used it.

I've met Ron, Richard, Frank and Pitman. I met Frank and Pitman in a music store in Dublin in 2012, Frank was really nice, talked for a minute or two about guitars and the show that night, said we'd do a shot at the meet and greet (didn't happn in the end due to shit arena security saying VIP was cancelled), Chris was a bit arrogant and definitely didn't seem that into meeting a fan. I met Richard after a Thin Lizzy gig, hung around for ages talking with me and my friends, went in and got us picks, nearly let us play his les paul jnr. Let us take photos and talked about GnRs gig in Dublin 2010 and what went on onstage and off during the night, really nice guy but a bit shy. I did a few skype lessons with Ron, and I met him in London at one of his 'evening with' gigs. Nice dude, goes out of his way to be nice to you.

I met Dizzy, Fortus, DJ, Frank at a meet and greet, bumble and pitman outside the arena before the gig and Axl outside Manchester arena after waiting what seemed like hours , thanks to the guy who was waiting who gave me a beer !

Met duff years ago after a loaded gig , really good likeable man !

I've met Ron, Richard, ignored Ashba who was in the same room as I have no intention of talking to the girl who has butchered all of my favourite GnR songs, Frank, Dizzy, Axl, Pitman, Duff.

I spoke briefly with a couple and at length with the majority and all of them were fine apart from Pitman and Dizzy who were ignorant, primadonna cunts who couldn't have been more disinterested to talk to anyone if they tried.

Frank, Duff and Ron are the best of the bunch, really friendly, genuine people.

• Like 1

Eh, not in the mood to share my story again. I have met Axl in 2010, twice. I have also met Duff in 2011.

I thought the same thing yesterday haha. Each member I've met comes with a pretty cool story, I just wasn't in the mood to type it all out again haha.

.....Finck?

I know of several people who have and they always say he's cool. I'd love to meet him myself someday.

I've met Ron, Richard, ignored Ashba who was in the same room as I have no intention of talking to the girl who has butchered all of my favourite GnR songs, Frank, Dizzy, Axl, Pitman, Duff.

I actually felt bad for DJ once in Chicago. We were all chilling in a room after the show just kind of waiting for friends and stuff. The room was all quiet and everyone was looking at their phones. DJ was the first one to pop in the room. He entered by putting up the devil horns and saying "WHAT'S UP?!". Everyone and I mean everyone looked up, didn't say anything, then went right back to looking at their phones.

I know I'm well know for my dislike of DJ, but I'm not kidding when I say I really did feel bad for him in that moment.