Slash comments on talking with Axl again - "It was probably way over due. It's very cool."

This news made my year regardless of whether reunion is to follow. They deserved to end this rediculous nightmare and Im so happy to hear they finally did. It was wrong and sick and destructive and senseless. Good for you guys. Wish we knew a little more...

If they really reconciled and if Axl ever wants to make music again, reunion is only a matter of time. Axl never truely cared about doing it with anyone else than Slash and never wanted to. Once Slash is back in his life as a friend not a devil, he might get a lot of his passion and desire back . I hope hes not too old. Cause that means good music...

• Like 1

In the new Eddie Trunk podcast, he says he contacted Slash's manager about an interview with him to ask more about the reunion rumors, and apparently the whole thing has been blown far out of proportion, and he's laying low now when it comes to interviews

• Like 1

In the new Eddie Trunk podcast, he says he contacted Slash's manager about an interview with him to ask more about the reunion rumors, and apparently the whole thing has been blown far out of proportion, and he's laying low now when it comes to interviews

What was blown out of proportion? Reunion rumours or him and Axl being friends? Or both? Edited by nn18

What was blown out of proportion? Reunion rumours or him and Axl being friends? Or both?

probably both

they probably aren't even "friends" again...its just the tension has eased allot

bydhzbqgn5p11s3x0sqh.gif

• Like 2

Anyway... No dizzy= no estranged, no pitman= no november rain. They wont just play with backup sequences

yeah cause they could never play November Rain before Pitman joined the group. Thank god he joined so we were finally able to hear November Rain live.

They had teddy zig zag. They always needed at least one otherkeyboard to play november rain, and dizzy to play uyi songs. You guys can masturbate all you want on the appetite lineup, gnr still needs keyboards to fulfill illusions.

If a reunion only includes afd lineup and botch lots of songs, then they shouldnt do it at all. My point is, dizzy has been in gnr for 25 years. Axl will not sack him to play with a guys like adler who's been a part of gnrfor 3 years.

• Like 1

Anyway... No dizzy= no estranged, no pitman= no november rain. They wont just play with backup sequences

yeah cause they could never play November Rain before Pitman joined the group. Thank god he joined so we were finally able to hear November Rain live.

They had teddy zig zag. They always needed at least one otherkeyboard to play november rain, and dizzy to play uyi songs. You guys can masturbate all you want on the appetite lineup, gnr still needs keyboards to fulfill illusions.

If a reunion only includes afd lineup and botch lots of songs, then they shouldnt do it at all. My point is, dizzy has been in gnr for 25 years. Axl will not sack him to play with a guys like adler who's been a part of gnrfor 3 years.

GnR does NOT need keyboards or synth to do November Rain live. Nor do they need it for Civil War or YCBM or Don't Cry or dead Horse or Pretty Tied Up or Live and Let Die or KOHD or Bad Obsession or You Ain't the First or....... etc etc etc Holy fuck! Some of you are so deep with your love for Axl you've lost all sense of reality. Yes GnR need Dizzy and Pitman to perform live alright. Get a fucking grip man. You talk about others masterbating to the AFD lineup but maybe it's you axl rose Zealots who need to loosen your grip and ease off on the lotion. the AFD lineup is THE reason any of us are here.

Also we all know Axl isn't going to sack Dizzy but the fact people like you try to make Dizzy more important than Adler in the history of gnr is so fucked in the head i don't even know how to begin to describe it. You honestly think Dizzy's 25 years in GnR are more importnat to the legacy of Gnr than Adler's is? Seriously man get outside and take a big fucking breath of fresh air to clear your head caus eshit ain't right in there.

• Like 2

Regarding Steven and his place in a reunion- he'd be great in a 1 off (like should have happened at HOF). As far as a full on tour- no way he'd last. He'd be off that wagon and back on the 'Night Train' in about a week. Love the guy....so awesome but don't trust his sobriety. Sad but it is what it is. Just use Matt.

• Like 1

GnR does NOT need keyboards or synth to do November Rain live. Nor do they need it for Civil War or YCBM or Don't Cry or dead Horse or Pretty Tied Up or Live and Let Die or KOHD or Bad Obsession or You Ain't the First or....... etc etc etc Holy fuck! Some of you are so deep with your love for Axl you've lost all sense of reality. Yes GnR need Dizzy and Pitman to perform live alright. Get a fucking grip man. You talk about others masterbating to the AFD lineup but maybe it's you axl rose Zealots who need to loosen your grip and ease off on the lotion. the AFD lineup is THE reason any of us are here.

Also we all know Axl isn't going to sack Dizzy but the fact people like you try to make Dizzy more important than Adler in the history of gnr is so fucked in the head i don't even know how to begin to describe it. You honestly think Dizzy's 25 years in GnR are more importnat to the legacy of Gnr than Adler's is? Seriously man get outside and take a big fucking breath of fresh air to clear your head caus eshit ain't right in there.

actually im here because of the whole thing not just the afd lineup...

I live in NYC and I hear GNR songs in bars all the time. Hipster bars, Irish bars, cool bars, dank bars.

But let me tell you, never ONCE have I heard Prostitute (with the amazing synth work from Pittsmann!) or IRS (with the legendary piano solo from Dizzy!).

Get a grip. GNR matters solely from the early days. And that's always how their music will be remembered.

• Like 2

man Adler doesn't get enough credit on here

i mean he only helped form one of the the greatest albums in history...thats nothing too much

• Like 3

other forums are now saying the interview was fake

There's a video with the interview. Check it out sometime. It's on the first page of this thread. Try it sometime, you may actually get a clue!

Hasn't Steven said in the last few years that he doesn't care about a reunion or Axl anymore tho? And that he's over it? Could be a load of bullshit, but I'm pretty sure he said he saw the HoF as the end of his relation to GnR. Maybe deep down he really feels different tho

If you were a member of such a fucking awesome band, wouldn't you? (want to still be a part of it)

Steven did an interview with Eddie Trunk a few months ago and he made it very clear he wants a reunion. He never changed his mind, he's just bipolar. Part of it has to do with being a former addict

Yeah but that's vague in itself. Blown out of proportion meaning...?

The internet thinks they're best friends and a reunion is in the works. Reality says they're probably in marriage counseling working on it. Marc Canter himself has said many times it's not as simple as just shaking hands..

Del James wished Slash a happy birthday. If Axl wasn't at least "ok" with Slash Del would be out of work..

Edited by Billsfan

There's a video with the interview. Check it out sometime. It's on the first page of this thread. Try it sometime, you may actually get a clue!

Hasn't Steven said in the last few years that he doesn't care about a reunion or Axl anymore tho? And that he's over it? Could be a load of bullshit, but I'm pretty sure he said he saw the HoF as the end of his relation to GnR. Maybe deep down he really feels different tho

If you were a member of such a fucking awesome band, wouldn't you? (want to still be a part of it)

Steven did an interview with Eddie Trunk a few months ago and he made it very clear he wants a reunion. He never changed his mind, he's just bipolar. Part of it has to do with being a former addict

I was talking about another post on a different forum so shut the fuck up

Good our plan worked! We made a big deal out of this and Slash was forced to tell Axl that he's sorry in which triggered communication and got us back on track for the reunion! The fans win again!

• Like 1

I was talking about another post on a different forum so shut the fuck up

No need to get lippy just because you were caught looking like a moron...

They do need a key other than axl piano to play nov rain! They never played it without a key. If you dont think dizzy is needed to play this you just dont have a clue. It would just be shit for band lime this to play it with backing track instead of akeyboard player. He might sack pitman, but fact is, ifyou want it to sound like the records, the ones called illusions,you need a keyboard player.