Slash's take on 'There Was a Time' (Will it happen?)

The final half of the song is heavy lead guitar.

I think  original is excellent.....but it would be really cool to hear Slash's take on the song.

Just my 2 cents.

Edited by Kasanova King
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Kasanova King said:

The final half of the song is heavy lead guitar.

I think the original was excellent.....but it would be really cool to hear Slash's take on the song.

Just my 2 cents.

+1

Digging Chinese as an album, would be a shame if they left it out from future setlists.

• Like 3

I want to hear Slash's take on brand new unheard songs. As GNR fans we have heard the same songs for so many years. They need to unleash at least 2 new songs live from the get go. I'm glad Slash is back in the band but it doesn't excite me just to see him on stage with Axl. Release music! Release music! 

I'll take slash on any Chinese song just about, although there are a couple of songs like shacklers where bucket just shreds to the point that I don't think slash could properly do justice for. Robins parts I think he could handle fine

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

I don't get it...no offense, but GnR put out arguably the greatest rock and roll record of all time and people would rather them waste time on tunes from a crappy record. Makes no sense to me at all.

12 songs bro....doesn't define Guns N' Roses.  I agree, AFD was one of the greatest rock albums ever.  But G N' R are much more than just AFD.

Illusions was an evolution from AFD and CD or their solo projects/ VR would have been the next step.  

You can say CD was a 'crappy' album.  I digress.  I think it was a very good album which could have been great had it not been over-worked....way too many Pitman synths...but it was good.

Edited by Kasanova King
  • Like 1

TWAT Better crush anything goes, your crazy or out ta get me

I'd love to hear slash on "this I love" but I understand the lyrics may grind on some... but better vs anything goes.. come on. Rock a couple chinese tunes

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kasanova King said:

12 songs bro....doesn't define Guns N' Roses.  I agree, AFD was one of the greatest rock albums ever.  But G N' R are much more than just AFD.

Illusions was an evolution from AFD and CD or their solo projects/ VR would have been the next step.  

You can say CD was a 'crappy' album.  I digress.  I think it was a good album which could have been great had it not been over-worked....way too much Pitman synths...but it was good.

I'm sorry but no it wasn't a good record by almost any metric tangible.   You can want them to play it, that still doesn't make it good especially compared to previous GnR material.  

For every TWAT or Madagascar in the setlist, the less likely it is you'll hear My Michelle or Out Ta Get Me....classic versus crap.

• Like 1

as i said in another thread i'd love to hear him on Madagascar...that song means allot to me

going through depression that course just speaks to me...gives me strength that i'll over come it

i'd like to hear a slash solo instead of the quotes which kinda ruins the song imo

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

I'm sorry but no it wasn't a good record by almost any metric tangible.   You can want them to play it, that still doesn't make it good especially compared to previous GnR material.  

For every TWAT or Madagascar in the setlist, the less likely it is you'll hear My Michelle or Out Ta Get Me....classic versus crap.

They could play every song from AFD and still have 2 hours to go.

And I wouldn't mind hearing TWAT or Madagascar, actually....probably in the top half of their songs for sure.

Edited by Kasanova King

3 minutes ago, Kasanova King said:

They could play every song in AFD and still have 2 hours to go.

And I wouldn't mind hearing TWAT or Madagascar, actually....probably in the top half of their songs for sure.

Uh no...lol.  We should just agree to disagree on this, that's all I'm gonna say.  

34 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

Uh no...lol.  We should just agree to disagree on this, that's all I'm gonna say.  

For sure bro....totally understand your stance.  I couldnt stand anything in relation to nu Guns for years.  After CD came out, I opened my mind and thought it was a decent album.  I wouldnt put it anywhere near AFD or ahead of Illusions ...but I listen to it on a regular basis....and I could just imagine how good some of the songs will be with Slash on lead....

I'm sure we'll find out in a few weeks...I guess you can take a piss break during the CD songs....I'll be jamming out to all of them..lol....:thumbsup:

Edited by Kasanova King
  • Like 2

52 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

I don't get it...no offense, but GnR put out arguably the greatest rock and roll record of all time and people would rather them waste time on tunes from a crappy record. Makes no sense to me at all.

Something tells me more people would have loved CD if it had some classic members play on it. Most don't like the album because 'it isn't Guns N' Roses'. Hell, if we get another GN'R album with some CD-era material, people will eat it up because it will have Slash and Duff on it.

1 hour ago, tsinindy said:

You think that CD is crap

ok

Axl is in charge and they will play CD songs...

newsflash: Duff already played CD songs with them....

I wonder if they play some CD tunes, then you will go home or what?

Bithing about CD songs being played is moronic to me... we've got this reunion we've thought it would never happen... just enjoy it instead bitching about CD songs....

On another note, i really doN't understand how people want to hear Madagascar with Slash.... that song with the samples and quotes needs to be forgotten in this scenario... it just not fit to this band

Edited by Strange Broue

What SoulMonster said, I know everyone loves Slash and everything but that's one of my all time favorites and judging by Slash's output I don't think he's gonna make it better. It's interesting for an alternative take on an already interesting song, but otherwise I just don't see it as being an improvement over the previous work. 

TWAT is my favourite song CD by a long way; best lyrics, best guitar solos and hooks. It was the closest that Axl got in his vision of "future rock" and it all hangs together well despite its density. I think Slash could add another dimension to this, but they are fucking good lead parts as they stand.